Pickford/Virginia

Kenny Mina Keane  (Holgate in for one of them if fit)   Nkonkou

Allan   

Sigurdson 

Gordon     Bernard    Iwobi

Kean

Something like this would do me

Bench that includes DCL, Richarlison and James

Other options would be Walcott and Bolasie.

EDIT: Forgot about Besic, not sure about putting him in, depends how he's looking fitness wise and what Carlo thinks.  when changing the team a lot that's a position want to rely on so if Allan is up for game time I'd stick with him.

16 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Pickford/Virginia

Kenny Mina Keane  (Holgate in for one of them if fit)   Nkonkou

Allan   

Sigurdson 

Gordon     Bernard    Iwobi

Kean

Something like this would do me

Bench that includes DCL, Richarlison and James

Other options would be Walcott and Bolasie.

EDIT: Forgot about Besic, not sure about putting him in, depends how he's looking fitness wise and what Carlo thinks.  when changing the team a lot that's a position want to rely on so if Allan is up for game time I'd stick with him.

Holgate is out for up to 12 weeks I think mate.

17 hours ago, Btay said:

Allan/ Doucoure are different kind of athletes though. I'd love to say we can play a second string team and get a win here but seeing how we have been over the last few years im not totally confident. Nothing would be more Everton of the past to make such a statement in the window, first game of the season to then get knocked out of the cup by salford. We were embarrassed by liverpools U23's last year because we played our first team, now people are asking for nearly that seem team to play here and think it would be a walk over. 

No athlete is immune from the injury risk a number of games in a short time span with a shortened preseason would bring. They aren’t 22 either. Can you imagine what the response will be if any key player gets hurt in a game like this? The priority this season is Europe and the most likely path is our league finish. I would not risk our result Saturday or our longterm prospects because we think Gylfi, Iwobi, Kean, Davies, Kenny etc.. aren’t good enough to beat a league 2 side. We have a squad for a reason and if you’re not playing the reserves in a game like this then all they are is insurance against injuries.

Took a few mins on lunch to take a look at other PL clubs and how they approached this round. Found it even more interesting than anticipated.

So far Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, West Brom and Fulham have announced lineups. 

# of starters from PL game to start Cup game:
Newcastle: 1 Javier Manquillo
West Ham: 1 Issa Diop
Palace: 0
West Brom: 1 Dara O'Shea
Fulham: 2 Denis Odoi and Neeskens Kebano

For those saying most of these are just trying to avoid relegation I completely agree with you but wouldn't we also expect their fans to say avoiding relegation is more important than Round 2 of the Carabao Cup. It's a very similar argument to the top 4/6 convo. @SpartyBluesaid it well above. We have a squad of players use them. It's a gosh darn League 2 side!

31 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Took a few mins on lunch to take a look at other PL clubs and how they approached this round. Found it even more interesting than anticipated.

So far Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, West Brom and Fulham have announced lineups. 

For those saying most of these are just trying to avoid relegation I completely agree with you but wouldn't we also expect their fans to say avoiding relegation is more important than Round 2 of the Carabao Cup. It's a very similar argument to the top 4/6 convo. @SpartyBluesaid it well above. We have a squad of players use them. It's a gosh darn League 2 side!

Southampton on the other hand playing a full first team 11 (or at least 10)

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

No athlete is immune from the injury risk a number of games in a short time span with a shortened preseason would bring. They aren’t 22 either. Can you imagine what the response will be if any key player gets hurt in a game like this? The priority this season is Europe and the most likely path is our league finish. I would not risk our result Saturday or our longterm prospects because we think Gylfi, Iwobi, Kean, Davies, Kenny etc.. aren’t good enough to beat a league 2 side. We have a squad for a reason and if you’re not playing the reserves in a game like this then all they are is insurance against injuries.

They proved last year they weren’t good enough to beat an under 23 side.....

36 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

The whole world is watching us as a club right now, we have people that had never taken a moments interest in us - we really cannot slip up against a league 2 side.

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

The whole world is watching us as a club right now, we have people that had never taken a moments interest in us - we really cannot slip up against a league 2 side.

Colombia is hardly the whole world :) 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😂fair enough, just that I read something today that said Carlo has Kean and him down as surplus to requirements. 

Not looking good for Iwobi. No sign of Besic or Bolasie either. 

On 15/09/2020 at 11:52, AlbanyNYToffee said:

With all the craziness in terms of last season ending, short preseason and quick turnaround I'm hoping for full rotation but the same shape. Would like us to keep the same shape as much as possible.  

Lossl/Virginia

Kenny Branthwaite Gibson Nkounkou

Gordon Besic Davies Siggy

Bernard Kean

Almost got it. Interesting no Gibson in the squad. Must be close to a loan move?