IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday September 26th

markjazzbassist

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

anything other than next to the body could be construed as intentional.  every manager should be instructing defenders regardless of VAR to have hands to the side in your own box.

It’s a natural movement. Far from “fully out” Unless you want players running in straight jackets, this any contact rule is just going to be a nightmare 

Just now, Matt said:

It’s a natural movement. Far from “fully out” Unless you want players running in straight jackets, this any contact rule is just going to be a nightmare 

that's exactly what i would want them to do IN THE BOX, outside of it run with your arms out, in the box, keep em tight.  better safe than sorry.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's exactly what i would want them to do IN THE BOX, outside of it run with your arms out, in the box, keep em tight.  better safe than sorry.

They I don’t think you know how physics works. 

Anyway, 1-2 up and mostly the better team. Lucky pen brilliantly taken. A sublime opening goal. Some sloppy moments from Doucoure and Allan ironically, apart from their goal, Keane has been fantastic. Everyone has mostly been very, very good

I think the reason we look a bit ragged is because Palace are just so awkward. They defend in numbers, they are always niggling away and in attack they can break at pace. We have done really well to stop their counter attacks, the only time they really cut us open Eze made a crap pass when he should have taken the shot on. 

I think everyone is playing well enough nd working hard however the quality is from James. DCL is very quiet again but when we needed him he put the ball in the net. If we can show a little more quality we can put this game to bed. Doucoure is switching off at times and I'm not completely comfortable with Mina up against Zaha. He already beat him off for the chance I talked about and I can see him getting somewhere against him this second half.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think the reason we look a bit ragged is because Palace are just so awkward. They defend in numbers, they are always niggling away and in attack they can break at pace. We have done really well to stop their counter attacks, the only time they really cut us open Eze made a crap pass when he should have taken the shot on. 

I think everyone is playing well enough nd working hard however the quality is from James. DCL is very quiet again but when we needed him he put the ball in the net. If we can show a little more quality we can put this game to bed.

I suppose you can always expect a Hodgson team to be well organised and they have enough attacking talent that they will always be a threat.  We'll need at least one more goal to stop my balls squirming this half.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think everyone is playing well enough nd working hard however the quality is from James. DCL is very quiet again but when we needed him he put the ball in the net. If we can show a little more quality we can put this game to bed. Doucoure is switching off at times and I'm not completely comfortable with Mina up against Zaha. He already beat him off for the chance I talked about and I can see him getting somewhere against him this second half.

To their credit they are a very physical, athletic team and I think they will do okay this season. They lack any real quality in midfield though and rely a lot on Ayew/Zaha. 

We just need to be a bit better on the ball and we could get a few here.

James has played 2 key passes that lead to both goals, won’t get assists for them but he created both situations. Richarlison should have been in 1v1 if his touch was better. Quality, quality player.

Hope Ancelotti gives them a little bit of a telling off too, take away that farcial penalty and it's 1-1. Despite an unbelievable first 10 or so minutes we've looked poor IMO. Very sloppy in and around our own half and not really dealing with anything that Palace throw at us, with a bit more quality we'd have some more questions asked of us I feel. 

Doucoure is looking proper shite, would give him a rocket with the idea of bringing on Sigurdsson if he doesn't turn things around before the hour mark. Gomes looks OK but a bit lethergic, another one that just needs a bit of a rocket. Allan and James doing well along with DCL and Charlie (though the latter needs a boot kicking at him for their goal). 

Defensively we look OK, but I just don't have faith in us to see out a one-goal lead with what happened against Fleetwood. Sounds very easy for me to say, but a nice early goal to make it 3-1 and then shut up shop would be ideal. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Hope Ancelotti gives them a little bit of a telling off too, take away that farcial penalty and it's 1-1. Despite an unbelievable first 10 or so minutes we've looked poor IMO. Very sloppy in and around our own half and not really dealing with anything that Palace throw at us, with a bit more quality we'd have some more questions asked of us I feel. 

Doucoure is looking proper shite, would give him a rocket with the idea of bringing on Sigurdsson if he doesn't turn things around before the hour mark. Gomes looks OK but a bit lethergic, another one that just needs a bit of a rocket. Allan and James doing well along with DCL and Charlie (though the latter needs a boot kicking at him for their goal). 

Defensively we look OK, but I just don't have faith in us to see out a one-goal lead with what happened against Fleetwood. Sounds very easy for me to say, but a nice early goal to make it 3-1 and then shut up shop would be ideal. 

I thought we were poor all half. Just moments of quality that mattered. 

Amazon really making a meal over this penno.... Liverpool get these all the time and barely get a second look. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Palace are good and tough to play against. 
DCL is doing what he’s being asked to do, stay in between to posts, previously he wa running everywhere and we thought he was great, but couldn’t score, I know which version I prefer.