IGNORED

Brighton (Home) Saturday October 3rd

markjazzbassist

Davies is playing the deeper role where he doesnt have to do loads but what he does have to do has to be sharp. Quick in the press, short sharp movements to get on the ball, quick turns to dribble out of tight spots. 

At the moment I feel he is going through the motions. Today is a big game for him and if he wants to stake a claim he has to do more. 

Doucoure on the other hand is everywhere and doing everything. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Davies is playing the deeper role where he doesnt have to do loads but what he does have to do has to be sharp. Quick in the press, short sharp movements to get on the ball, quick turns to dribble out of tight spots. 

At the moment I feel he is going through the motions. Today is a big game for him and if he wants to stake a claim he has to do more. 

Doucoure on the other hand is everywhere and doing everything. 

Davies is playing well mate more than happy with his contribution. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly all 3 look good.  even gylfi is playing well, he's busting his ass and had a nice block earlier.

Gylfi is frustrating at times. When you watch James - that’s someone who wants the ball and takes responsibility. I just don’t see that from gylfi, need him on the ball more and want him having a few shots today

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Iwobi has started how he ended the last game. He is taking too long to decide what to do and then he too often picks the wrong option. Its normally the more complicated option too. 

Not sure what’s up with him, if he’s trying to hard but he’s looked well off the pace of late.

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Gylfi is frustrating at times. When you watch James - that’s someone who wants the ball and takes responsibility. I just don’t see that from gylfi, need him on the ball more and want him having a few shots today

he's not playing that role, james is the one everything goes through.  gylfi has linked up well in the box, he just had another great block in our box too.  he's working hard today.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Davies is playing well mate more than happy with his contribution. 

I wouldnt say he is playing badly by any means but he should be doing more. I watched him closely for the first 30. He is competing against Allan for that spot in this game and the difference in sharpness is huge. 

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

He is 50/50 so far for me. Again he isnt playing badly but he is playing within himself for sure.