Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just back to Godfrey for a moment - an underrated moment from yesterday was watching Henderson's head bounce off him and Godfrey barely even noticed he'd been touched and looked confused as to why Hen

Jordan Pickford was a goalkeeper before he came here!

Some player on our hands here guys. You can see he’s starting to feel part of the group.

Not to say it isn’t just a natural part of their personalities but I wonder how much of the attitude Ben and Mason have comes from Seamus. That sort of in your face “I don’t care who you are, you’re not going to push me around” type of approach is one of Coleman’s best traits and those two certainly have it as well. Couple times in the derby he’s grabbing our guys by the jersey as he pulls them back up to their feet. That sort of passion has to rub off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

You shall not pass 💙

This is a bit off in my opinion because players have been able to dribble past him enough to get crosses into the box.

They are never going to dribble all the way past him though as he is such a unit. No-one can cope with that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if he would get a call up to England in the not so distance future?  In time for the Euro?  Pickford - Keane - Godfrey.

I have heard a few say Keane should now be in ahead of Maguire - and if that was the case why as a International manager would you not put Godfrey in due to the familiarity of the trio.

Not that I care about International football or England (being a Welsh man), but it's always a nice bonus for the players to get this recognition. 

I actually think he has what it take to be a future club and England captain 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I wonder if he would get a call up to England in the not so distance future?  In time for the Euro?  Pickford - Keane - Godfrey.

I have heard a few say Keane should now be in ahead of Maguire - and if that was the case why as a International manager would you not put Godfrey in due to the familiarity of the trio.

Not that I care about International football or England (being a Welsh man), but it's always a nice bonus for the players to get this recognition. 

I actually think he has what it take to be a future club and England captain 

Maguire is garbage. How he and Dier get in England squads is beyond me to be honest, and there are more players than just Keane that are more worthy.

I would love Godfrey to get a call-up for the next squad, I think he's earned it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maguire is garbage. How he and Dier get in England squads is beyond me to be honest, and there are more players than just Keane that are more worthy.

I would love Godfrey to get a call-up for the next squad, I think he's earned it.

Godfrey has been very impressive but I would be pretty surprised if he got the call. How many games has he played for us at CB this year? As you point out there are other worthy players in contention. No rush.  In fact I’d be a little nervous if he was thrust into that spotlight so quickly. Not so much for him as for us. Rather not have to fight the vultures off for awhile yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Godfrey has been very impressive but I would be pretty surprised if he got the call. How many games has he played for us at CB this year? As you point out there are other worthy players in contention. No rush.  In fact I’d be a little nervous if he was thrust into that spotlight so quickly. Not so much for him as for us. Rather not have to fight the vultures off for awhile yet.

I’d just like him in the squad even if he didn’t get many, or any, minutes. Southgate has been at quite a few of our games so I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in his thinking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maguire is garbage. How he and Dier get in England squads is beyond me to be honest, and there are more players than just Keane that are more worthy.

I would love Godfrey to get a call-up for the next squad, I think he's earned it.

Well, yes and no. Just don't want him injured playing for a crap England side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he could do with staying out of the lime-light at learning his trade a bit more. I think Southgate calls quite a few young players into the training squad to bed them in a little so I think that would be perfect for him.

Having said that who are the best CB's for England? Stones is probably in the best form of his career but I am not sure how he will play away from City. He would need someone strong, organised and aggressive alongside him and the only person I can think of is Coady but I'd have doubts about him in a centre back pairing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...