IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

45 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah, we don't get everton games in the US, we get a couple cherry picked games that NBC wants to show, usually a big 6 club.  the only way i can watch the team is illegal streams.  the league cup is on espn+ which i pay for so i'm compliant there, but saying i'm a thief is short sighted.

I feel a little odd saying this, as a month or so back I was irritated that NBC/NBCSN had switched so many EPL matches to Peacock Premium streaming service ($5/month).  I remember being chastised by several on TT for being so spoiled.  I now understand that criticism, and they were right.

Anyhow, mjb, you can stream all Everton matches not shown on NBC/NBCSN by purchasing Peacock Premium.  Although irritated — and spoiled — I did so, and have seen Everton and a few other EPL matches.  Pretty decent streaming so far.  Of course, if we stay near top of the table, more Everton matches will probably be shown over the air, rather than on Peacock.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

No he wouldn’t! And who can blame him, even if they halved their costs he would be paying around 300% more a month. No brainer really?

He would, because he believes in supporting services providing their pricing is reasonable (i.e. Spotify, Prime, Netflix) 

When immoral companies like Sky get involved that try to squeeze every penny out of their customers and will happily let an 80 year old man pay 3x what he could be paying for a package because he isn't aware his monthly fee went up after 18 months and doesnt understand threatening to leave is the only way to pay less.... I doubt my friend loses any sleep at night by 'stealing' from them.

17 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think its decent value for the number of games you get to be honest - There are probably around +50 games a month on if you wanted to watch them all, plus all the other sports etc if you like them.  You don't have to pay for all subscriptions, but the choice is there for people, who now can't get to the games or pubs to watch them.   

This season (due to there being more games) I have subscribe to BT Sport and just get a £10 day pass on Sky if Everton are playing that day. You can sign up to  Amazon prime as it suits you., if they happen to have an Everton playing. 

TV money is vital to clubs at the moment, there are no gate recipes. If illegal streaming etc are other people's bag because they don't like to paying the going rate for a produce, service or goods then good luck to them and each to their own.  I don't buy stolen good from people in pubs either.

My morals and integrity are important to me and how I look to my children. This might not be a popular post but the morality illegal streaming of football games, movies, music etc is similar to sticking a DVD or CD's into your jacket and walking out of HMV, but without needing the balls to do it. Your mate is not forced into paying for an illegal stream, its a choice he makes. It's actually the same as stealing or receiving stolen goods. 

It's good you've got your morals in place. Im sure he'd rather have an extra £60 a month to look after his family rather than line the pockets of immoral companies. 

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He would, because he believes in supporting services providing their pricing is reasonable (i.e. Spotify, Prime, Netflix) 

When immoral companies like Sky get involved that try to squeeze every penny out of their customers and will happily let an 80 year old man pay 3x what he could be paying for a package because he isn't aware his monthly fee went up after 18 months and doesnt understand threatening to leave is the only way to pay less.... I doubt my friend loses any sleep at night by 'stealing' from them.

Who’s stealing from who, this isn’t a moral issue in my opinion, even though I don’t stream I have no issues with those who do. 

I knew it wouldn't be a popular post, but it at least gets people thinking about something different.

My initial response was to somebody who said a mate gets 'everything for £6.90' through illegal stream as opposed to paying the going rate, after I said at this moment in time given the amount of matches that are on TV, these subscriptions are actually good value at the moment. 

For those who I appear to have upset - please check my posts again -  I didn't call anybody 'immoral thieves' or actually make any judge anybody at all. I am just laying out a point of view and some analogies to consider.  these are just analogies I used when my lad asked me why I bothered paying to stream music. 

In fact, I said 'each to there own'. Much like Palfy said above, I don't have any particular gripe with what anybody who chooses to do it. I don't have any soapbox about it. 

All I laid out in my post was my reasoning why I pay the going rate rather than save myself £20-30 a month. It's not because I am a 'mug' and don't know how get free or cheap stuff, I do.  It's not because I am rich, normally I don't have either Sky sports or BT sport, its not a priority in my house. I purchase the occasional Sky day pass four or five time a year if their is an Everton game available. At the moment I do have a spare few quid a month, as I can't go out and do anything, so have subscribed to BT as they don't sell the games ad hoc.  

I occasionally work a Saturday for a bit of cash in hand - I know its tax invasion and illegal! It's not particular 'moral' but I choose to do it.

no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about it. 

20 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I knew it wouldn't be a popular post, but it at least gets people thinking about something different.

My initial response was to somebody who said a mate gets 'everything for £6.90' through illegal stream as opposed to paying the going rate, after I said at this moment in time given the amount of matches that are on TV, these subscriptions are actually good value at the moment. 

For those who I appear to have upset - please check my posts again -  I didn't call anybody 'immoral thieves' or actually make any judge anybody at all. I am just laying out a point of view and some analogies to consider.  these are just analogies I used when my lad asked me why I bothered paying to stream music. 

In fact, I said 'each to there own'. Much like Palfy said above, I don't have any particular gripe with what anybody who chooses to do it. I don't have any soapbox about it. 

All I laid out in my post was my reasoning why I pay the going rate rather than save myself £20-30 a month. It's not because I am a 'mug' and don't know how get free or cheap stuff, I do.  It's not because I am rich, normally I don't have either Sky sports or BT sport, its not a priority in my house. I purchase the occasional Sky day pass four or five time a year if their is an Everton game available. At the moment I do have a spare few quid a month, as I can't go out and do anything, so have subscribed to BT as they don't sell the games ad hoc.  

I occasionally work a Saturday for a bit of cash in hand - I know its tax invasion and illegal! It's not particular 'moral' but I choose to do it.

no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about it. 

You mean a mate of yours occasionally works for cash in hand don't you? 😉

Our family now subscribes to Peacock, and it's been worth it already. For a comparatively small amount, we've already watched the last two Everton games live, and I'm sure tomorrow's game will be broadcast, too.

Back to the game... I suspect the key is going to be Allan (pun intended). He's already become the heart of our midfield, and therefore of the team. If he's fully back to strength, he'll dictate the game. I'm concerned that, mentally, he may not yet be back 100 percent, but we shall see.

35 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Our family now subscribes to Peacock, and it's been worth it already. For a comparatively small amount, we've already watched the last two Everton games live, and I'm sure tomorrow's game will be broadcast, too.

I think tomorrow’s match is only on NBCSN.  I don’t see it on Peacock’s list for tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

Im the same Matt. Woken up needing the toilet but not really, all just in my head on derby day. 

All the media and a lot of fans are saying it’s basically destiny but my overwhelming feeling based on so many years of being let down is telling me this is a thumping to knock us off our perch :( 

yeah, its been brilliant so far this season- just hoping we are not give a massive reality check by Liverpool to take the wind right out of our sails!! 

It almost feels worse going in to the Derby as a form team with a fighting chance rather being massive underdog. Not used to have much expectation in these games!! 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’ll never go into a derby confident given my time as an evertonian we’ve never really been less than underdogs regards of the state of the Liverpool team but this is the most ive ever believed

Perfect summary of my thoughts as well. Not only have we not won one for 10 years if we’re honest with one another we haven’t looked like winning one, even the draws, in the past 5 or 6 years. More than anything I want to see us go for it. Put on our big boy pants and try to outplay them, not accept a draw as a good result from the off. If the ambitions the manager and players talk about, and we have as fans, are real we need to take that step. It starts today. Up the FUCKING Toffees. COYB. 

18 hours ago, Matt said:

If I had an option to watch it legally, I would. But I can’t because they’re not available here. I already pay close to £60 a month on media services, but none of them allow me to watch the game. If the companies wanted more income, they’d lower the price and allow access more freely around the world. But they don’t and won’t, so I’m perfectly happy knowing it’s got fuck all to do with morality and entirely due to their greed and shortsighted business models. 

I pay over £100 a month to watch TV .... Much of it is still restricted.  I have sky, Amazon prime, Spotify, Netflix .....  Yet there is still huge viewing gaps. 

The ability to watch a sport you want is fragmented across multiple providers.  

Imagine getting charged for watching a game by a company that you already pay £1200 a year to. 

Half the country who watch football are now probably looking at alternatives because they want the normality of watching a game.... At a time where we are locked down, money being right for the working man .... Football has always been an escape.  

The government should be looking at subsidising this.  People will be going to other people's houses to watch games. 

8 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I think tomorrow’s match is only on NBCSN.  I don’t see it on Peacock’s list for tomorrow.

I’ve driving home to Georgia from New England and stopped at a hotel in northern Virginia. I’m up early and just hoping they have this channel on the hotel room TV. I was hoping for Peacock since I could have watched on my laptop.