IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think your are right, this is really the first 'big' test of the season for us. We caught Spurs cold on match day 1 , and the rest have been games that I like to think we would have got something out off. All in all we are maybe probably 3 - 4 points better than maybe we thought we would be. What has been encouraging is we have deserved the wins in all the games, and have reacted in the best manner possible when goals had been scored against us. We have been the better and more dominate team in all these games.

Liverpool are going to be a different kettle of fish - they are arguably one if not the best team in the world and will finish in the top 2 or 3 this season. They will have more of the ball than us and will most likely control the lions share of the game. Villa did smash Liverpool the other week, but Villa only had 30% possession - they just made the most of it. I am not sure the Villa result was a good or bad thing for us (just as likely to motivate then as it is to dent their confidence). However, I don't see a manager like Klopp making the same mistake twice.

However, win lose or draw, it's just going to be really interesting to see how we perform against one of the worlds best teams with an Everton team that not just our fans are applauding, but the wider footballing community are as well  - I am really optimistic we will put in a really good performance, show some quality and grit when it's needed in the game. It's is going to be a proper test for us as I can't see the Liverpool side that turned up at Villa Park being the same one that turns up at Goodison on Saturday.  

COYB

I’m not sure how this one plays out tactically but I genuinely believe our midfield has it over theirs and we could see a lot of ball. Allan Doucoure and Gomes with James popping up can dominant any game. 

Looking forward to DCL against VVD. 

James has looked for Digne/Richarlison instantly most games, that’s the key tactic for us. TAA bombs forward and is so suspect at defending, I really think Richarlison will get I’m behind especially with the centre backs focused on DCL. Early pressure on Adrian is key also.

10 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m not sure how this one plays out tactically but I genuinely believe our midfield has it over theirs and we could see a lot of ball. Allan Doucoure and Gomes with James popping up can dominant any game. 

Looking forward to DCL against VVD. 

James has looked for Digne/Richarlison instantly most games, that’s the key tactic for us. TAA bombs forward and is so suspect at defending, I really think Richarlison will get I’m behind especially with the centre backs focused on DCL. Early pressure on Adrian is key also.

I agree with that, but also they will probably be thinking the same about Pickford. Could a game for Pickford to get his form back - think he will be busier than he as been in any other games this season - so it would be a good game for him to find some form and ditch the errors it. he could make the difference to where the points go on Saturday.  

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

BT have confirmed this won't be happening.

Not surprised. However disappointed as the current situation will mean I’m sure some people who don’t have access to BT sports will likely breach restrictions to watch the game with friends or family. 

14 minutes ago, barryj said:

Not surprised. However disappointed as the current situation will mean I’m sure some people who don’t have access to BT sports will likely breach restrictions to watch the game with friends or family. 

It is a little disappointing - but I have gone and got myself both BT Sports and Sky Sports (through a Now TV box) this year and it costs less that the price of a two or three of pints a week, I have seen every Everton game so far this season live on TV and also had loads more game Premiership games to watch.

Given the volume of game available to watch then Sky Sports and BT Sports and even Amazon are actually very good value. So if watching football is your passion then these TV subscriptions are actually very good value at the moment. 

I imagine that most who go out to the pub to watch a football game - generally part with more than £14.95, so even this cost isn't prohibitive for most people to watch games. 

Given we can't actually go out and do much else - I am just grateful that there is the option to 'press a button' and have Everton games live in the comfort of my own living room. 

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It is a little disappointing - but I have gone and got myself both BT Sports and Sky Sports (through a Now TV box) this year and it costs less that the price of a two or three of pints a week, I have seen every Everton game so far this season live on TV and also had loads more game Premiership games to watch.

Given the volume of game available to watch then Sky Sports and BT Sports and even Amazon are actually very good value. So if watching football is your passion then these TV subscriptions are actually very good value at the moment. 

I imagine that most who go out to the pub to watch a football game - generally part with more than £14.95, so even this cost isn't prohibitive for most people to watch games. 

Given we can't actually go out and do much else - I am just grateful that there is the option to 'press a button' and have Everton games live in the comfort of my own living room. 

I too have both Sky and BT and paid for the league cup game. There will be others who can’t afford it and will have to watch it at friends or family otherwise watch an illegal stream. I don’t live in Liverpool but making the derby free to air would be a good gesture in these times especially as that is the only area in tier 3.

The Merseyside derby is arguably the biggest in the country, people are living in absolute Dreamland if they think BT are going to show it for free, it's one of the biggest revenue makers of the season for them and they're not going to put a line through it because the city has suddenly gone into lockdown. 

No way am I paying £34 for a NowTV sports sub, £25 for a BT sport sub and £8 for Prime. 

£67 a month to watch all Premier Legaue games is rediculos and in the long term will force people toward paying for illegal streams, especially in the current financial climate. A friend of mine pays £6.70 a month for all the games and much more. Maybe if the pricing of BT and Sky Sports were more reasonable he would reconsider his stance. 

58 minutes ago, Aidan said:

No way am I paying £34 for a NowTV sports sub, £25 for a BT sport sub and £8 for Prime. 

£67 a month to watch all Premier Legaue games is rediculos and in the long term will force people toward paying for illegal streams, especially in the current financial climate. A friend of mine pays £6.70 a month for all the games and much more. Maybe if the pricing of BT and Sky Sports were more reasonable he would reconsider his stance. 

I think its decent value for the number of games you get to be honest - There are probably around +50 games a month on if you wanted to watch them all, plus all the other sports etc if you like them.  You don't have to pay for all subscriptions, but the choice is there for people, who now can't get to the games or pubs to watch them.   

This season (due to there being more games) I have subscribe to BT Sport and just get a £10 day pass on Sky if Everton are playing that day. You can sign up to  Amazon prime as it suits you., if they happen to have an Everton playing. 

TV money is vital to clubs at the moment, there are no gate recipes. If illegal streaming etc are other people's bag because they don't like to paying the going rate for a produce, service or goods then good luck to them and each to their own.  I don't buy stolen good from people in pubs either.

My morals and integrity are important to me and how I look to my children. This might not be a popular post but the morality illegal streaming of football games, movies, music etc is similar to sticking a DVD or CD's into your jacket and walking out of HMV, but without needing the balls to do it. Your mate is not forced into paying for an illegal stream, its a choice he makes. It's actually the same as stealing or receiving stolen goods. 

The disparity in global pricing makes it hard to swallow in the UK I imagine.

In Australia, I get every match streamed live, and on demand for the next week, free with my Optus mobile phone plan. Or I could purchase it for $14.99 per month or annually for $139.

I’m sure there’s similar deals in many countries.

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

No he wouldn’t! And who can blame him, even if they halved their costs he would be paying around 300% more a month. No brainer really?

I get both sides of the arguments over paying to watch the games on TV. Point to consider is there will be a tipping point at some stage if people stop paying the Sky/BT etc subs, their revenue stream drops and they stop bidding for matches, or as many as we now get.

I'm fortunate enough to have season tickets and can get to the grand old lady within an hour on public transport for home games, I stopped paying NowTv as the stream kept freezing, and upgraded my Sky to include sport last winter, and bit the bullit last month for rolling BT sport on top so I can see all games, previously I was happy to go to a pub for the away games that were on BT. Once we’re allowed back in the ground I’ll stop the BT I think.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

No he wouldn’t! And who can blame him, even if they halved their costs he would be paying around 300% more a month. No brainer really?

And why would you pay full price for power tools, if you know of a bloke down the pub who can sort you one out for a £10. 

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Your mate is not forced into paying for an illegal stream, its a choice he makes. It's actually the same as stealing or receiving stolen goods. 

There’s a lot of immoral thieves on this site going by your beliefs, and they could say there’s a few mugs on this site. 
Regardless of your own beliefs or financial position, it’s a bit rich calling people thieves and immoral for using streaming sites, when you know nothing about them or there situation. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There’s a lot of immoral thieves on this site going by your beliefs, and they could say there’s a few mugs on this site. 
Regardless of your own beliefs or financial position, it’s a bit rich calling people thieves and immoral for using streaming sites, when you know nothing about them or there situation. 

yeah, we don't get everton games in the US, we get a couple cherry picked games that NBC wants to show, usually a big 6 club.  the only way i can watch the team is illegal streams.  the league cup is on espn+ which i pay for so i'm compliant there, but saying i'm a thief is short sighted.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

yeah, we don't get everton games in the US, we get a couple cherry picked games that NBC wants to show, usually a big 6 club.  the only way i can watch the team is illegal streams.  the league cup is on espn+ which i pay for so i'm compliant there, but saying i'm a thief is short sighted.

Exactly mate, and there will be valid reasons why others watch them.