IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

Sitting far too deep, too afraid. Richarlison really needs to step up, maybe switch with James for a bit because he’s not doing much which I think is holding Gomes back - he’s got no outlet. 

Pickford should be on a yellow and they should’ve had a penalty but otherwise he’s looked ok. DCL working but to no avail and James is just too slow to close down (didn’t like him flashing for a card either). The rest have been a mixed bag so far 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I know it's a thing in MLS here, but are there retroactive red cards in the EPL? Can they slap a 2 game ban on Jordan following this one?

Yes, but they won’t. It was clumsy but it wasn’t dangerous play, he was rushing out and trying to make himself big. just a bad outcome for VVD though I do think it was a pen and a yellow 

Not a great game for the heart we are still in the game. It looked like they would blow us away early on but we have settled and strangely it was the Pickford assault that did it. 

Liverpool's midfield are much sharper than ours but Allan is trying his hardest to cover the ground and Doucoure is growing into the game. Gomes is so far off he would make some Sunday league players look good. It would be a big gamble but I would love to see Bernard nipping around but I accept Siggy is the more likely option. 

Up front DCL has looked quite good with his touches, Richarlison is off it a little but again he is getting into it, as is James. 

The back 4 are doing well given they are being overloaded. I have been in that position against players who don't know their left from their right so God knows what it is like against the Liverpool team. The midfield will need to help them out a lot more because otherwise they will keep creating chances.