IGNORED

Robin Olsen

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Then people need to stop acting like he's going to be doing anything other than sitting his arse on the bench before my head falls off ready for Halloween!

I’ll have a quiet word with each offender via DM - not making any promises though.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

If he plays.

Can't see why he wouldn't to be honest.

I do think that Pickford needs dropping and getting out the limelight and he probably needs some sort of sports psychology therapist to get to work on him.. Maybe they haven't quite given up on Pickford and this guy is his stand in rather than replacement and lossl isn't the answer. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Can't see why he wouldn't to be honest.

I do think that Pickford needs dropping and getting out the limelight and he probably needs some sort of sports psychology therapist to get to work on him.. Maybe they haven't quite given up on Pickford and this guy is his stand in rather than replacement and lossl isn't the answer. 

I'll be as surprised as anything if he comes in for him apart from cup games.

not read great things about him, but sounds like the best we could get on loan. My hope is that it puts a rocket up Pickfords arse and the added pressure of a better keeper on the bench and the fact the manager has brought somebody in, is a catalyst to improve his own performances. 

Real shame Man U wouldn't part with Romero, sounds like he was really up for coming here - he had the potential to be a 'Nigel Martyn' type purchase. Always January. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Bit of reading done.. Monchi signed him for 8.5m... some Calgary fan said he's actually very good but he had a shit defence. The first choice keeper conceded at s greater rate.    

Bit of optimism... I think we will get Romero on a free in January. 

Then we will have 5 goalkeepers.......

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Then we will have 5 goalkeepers.......

Lossl will go to Huddersfield, window is still open for that as well?

Virgina might get a loan but I want to see him develop. Let’s see how pickford responds here. Gylfi & Davies look to have stepped up a bit, Iwobi can kind of say the same.

Be reading up on these keepers - Think Romero would be a shrewd addition, very decent keeper, only 33 which give you 4-5 years out of a keeper maybe more, done very well in the cups for Utd. He is already settled in the North West etc.  

Back to Olsen. Read part of his problem in Italy has been communication with defenders, who are all pretty much Italians. However, Scandinavians have great English (better than most English people !!), so that wouldn't be a problem. 

He improves the squad, as we are a little weak on back up keepers. As a full international in his prime, a more credible threat to Pickford. It's what we need. 

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Be reading up on these keepers - Think Romero would be a shrewd addition, very decent keeper, only 33 which give you 4-5 years out of a keeper maybe more, done very well in the cups for Utd. He is already settled in the North West etc.  

Back to Olsen. Read part of his problem in Italy has been communication with defenders, who are all pretty much Italians. However, Scandinavians have great English (better than most English people !!), so that wouldn't be a problem. 

He improves the squad, as we are a little weak on back up keepers. As a full international in his prime, a more credible threat to Pickford. It's what we need. 

Yep, he has been solid for the Sweedish National Team, I think he will do a good job here and force Pickford to up his game, and take over if he cant. 

13 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

After this positive transfer market why would Brands and Co get it wrong with Olsen?

They didn’t. They brought in what they must see as an upgrade to Lossl on a loan and what I imagine is middling wages. If all he does is motivate Pickford then it’s money well spent and the loan means next window or in the summer we can make a real move for a top keeper if necessary. With very limited time we were never getting some world class guy in or even a top younger keeper. This is better than doing nothing in my view. The guy does have some high  level experience. 

Olsen is actually very good. Yes theres been a few mistakes but they are few and quite far between. At one point he was carrying Roma.

he rarely makes mistakes in the national team and im sure that he will want to redeem his career. Everton is the perfect place to do that.

upsides:

He is actually (that video aside) a world class stopper

He is a reactional keeper, reflexes are good and for a tall man he hits the ground really fast. 

he is a tall man and will pick out crosses all day long

downsides

he is no good at distributing the ball

his odd mistakes (but few and far between)

i would pick Olsen over Pickford and not because im Swedish