IGNORED

Robin Olsen

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Carlo says he's had a small injury and will be back for the Chelsea game.

Cue all the fan line-ups with him starting.

Possibly. Maybe due to the fact that alot of fans don't trust Pickford, not without reason either. 

However Pickford can't be dropped justifiably after the last game. 

Pickford hasn't cost us a point this season, barely has since he's been here. 

This season he's helped us gain against Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham, and Burnley. So if the 7 teams we've got points against he's more than played his part in 4 of them. (Only games he's not had anything to do was Wba, Brighton and palace.)

He also helped set up the goal against United, only for Michael Keane to hand the points back to them. 

His performances don't warrant the reputation at all. If anything he should be getting lauded.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well what a poor performance that was I can honestly say probably the worst 10 minutes I ever witnessed from any Everton keeper in my 55 years of watching this club, obviously I haven’t witnessed every game in those years so if someone can highlight a game for me where any Everton keeper has had a worse 10 minutes than that then please do. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well well well what a poor performance that was I can honestly say probably the worst 10 minutes I ever witnessed from any Everton keeper in my 55 years of watching this club, obviously I haven’t witnessed every game in those years so if someone can highlight a game for me where any Everton keeper has had a worse 10 minutes than that then please do. 

I particularly enjoyed him completely missing the ball but connecting beautifully with Mina's nose.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Wasn’t the worst but he did nothing to show he should remain at the club let alone start; he was abysmal. Only 1 game, only game where he had pressure and all 11 were shite at the beginning so bit early to judge. I’d rather not find out if that was his norm though. 

We've got two keepers who aren't good enough IMO.  

Olsen's kicking is shite, really poor.  Like Pickford on a bad day.

His footwork in the goal is better.  Couldn't have done anything for either goal, the finish from cavani was top top quality.... No keeper is saving that, let alone a 6ft 1 keeper with less reach than most. 

The top and bottom of it is that Brands needs to be getting someone in who is top quality asap.  Can't have a keeper with some 9/10 attributes and some 5/10...... Needs to be someone with a minimum of 7/10 for all key areas, crosses, shot stopping, command, concentration, kicking. 

Early gaff aside, I thought Olsen did well. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Early gaff aside, I thought Olsen did well. 

Gaffs mate stop diluting how bad he was early on😉, I agree he settled down the more the game went on, but that was more to do with us getting a better foothold in the game which gave him less to do, that first 10 when Utd were putting our goal under pressure he completely crumbled that’s the first time he’s had to deal with any sort of pressure and he looked a complete mess, luckily for him and us his other games he was a bit of a bystander with nothing of note to do, bar stand there and give the defence so much more confidence to do better because he was behind them 🤔

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Gaffs mate stop diluting how bad he was early on😉, I agree he settled down the more the game went on, but that was more to do with us getting a better foothold in the game which gave him less to do, that first 10 when Utd were putting our goal under pressure he completely crumbled that’s the first time he’s had to deal with any sort of pressure and he looked a complete mess, luckily for him and us his other games he was a bit of a bystander with nothing of note to do, bar stand there and give the defence so much more confidence to do better because he was behind them 🤔

Palfy, the whole team was crumbling for the first 20 mins, we all defend Pickford when he’s left exposed, Olsen was exposed by his teammates over and over, I’m amazed we went in at 0-0.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Aside the stupid dribble attempt I can't think of anything he did wrong from a goalkeeping perspective. 

He made a smart double save from cavani, got down well to a low drive that bounced just before him and he adjusted his hands well.  Came out with authority to punch away a menacing 

If the criticism of Olsen is to someway alleviate the criticism of Pickford then it's not really justified ... Similar scenario to Tom Davies - we shouldn't or wouldn't be seeing him if the expensive options weren't duds themselves. 

The reality is that for our club to challenge we need better goalkeeping, a 3rd mindfielder (assuming Gbamin isn't that man) with adequate cover because Gomes, Davies and Delph aren't going to do.  That's before we look at second strikers and full backs. 

The only area that we are ok in is centre halves and that's subject to opinion as to who are the best pairings. For me Keane and mina for physical games and Holgate Godfrey for games where we need pace or can look to evolve to a high line. 

11 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Palfy, the whole team was crumbling for the first 20 mins, we all defend Pickford when he’s left exposed, Olsen was exposed by his teammates over and over, I’m amazed we went in at 0-0.

Your missing the point completely, hasn’t that ever been the case with Pickford that he’s not had a bad team in front of him but typical Pickford haters one rule for him and another for Olsen, Wiggy you’ve been one of the most prolific Pickford critics constantly banging your drum when Pickford does something wrong, yet Olsen goes for a punch gets nowhere it blocking the defender who was in a good position to clear, then completely miss controls a simple back pass, and you don’t say anything don’t even acknowledge it happened, what sort of person is it that wouldn’t be able to wait to get his get rid of Pickford bollocks out there for doing that yet defends Olsen for the same thing, you tell me what sort of person does that I have my opinion but I want to hear it from the horse’s mouth?

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

the criticism of Olsen is to someway alleviate the criticism of Pickford then it's not really justified ...

No it isn’t it’s to highlight the complete inconsistency’s of those who would be quite prepared to slag Pickford off in game time and after for two glaring mistakes in the first 10 minutes, yet give it no mention or concerns when Olsen does, and that was the reaction from 5 or 6 of must ferment critics of Pickford, that tells me a lot about the people who slaughter Pickford on a regular basis, there criticism isn’t based on goal keeping errors solely it’s because they dislike the person and that for me is low, it’s fucking cuntish to be honest, that you haven’t got the good graces to treat people equally. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Some reaching going on here. 

Reaching for what the fucking truth? Didn’t notice you show any concerns or criticism for what Olsen did, but you would have been remarking if it was Pickford, I’m not reaching mate I’m highlighting the massive inconsistency’s of those who slag one player off but not the next for the same thing. 

it's funny, the pro-pickford crowd says "it doesn't matter as long as we win, jordan can make as many errors as he wants, wins that's it".  we say hey he's still making mistakes, nope doesn't matter.  then when it comes to olsen the pro-pickford crowd does the old goal post moving.  Olsen's mistakes weren't the reason we lost, but they are being held against him.  if you are gonna try and have an argument at least be fair in the way you make rules and apply arguments.  otherwise you're a hypocrite.

i'm anti-pickford and yes olsen made some errors, not good ones.  his kicking is atrocious, that is what bothered me most about him last night.  sad to say i don't think he will be the answer.  summer we will have to splash and get a top keeper.  neither jordan or olsen is the answer.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's funny, the pro-pickford crowd says "it doesn't matter as long as we win, jordan can make as many errors as he wants, wins that's it".  we say hey he's still making mistakes, nope doesn't matter.  then when it comes to olsen the pro-pickford crowd does the old goal post moving.  Olsen's mistakes weren't the reason we lost, but they are being held against him.  if you are gonna try and have an argument at least be fair in the way you make rules and apply arguments.  otherwise you're a hypocrite.

i'm anti-pickford and yes olsen made some errors, not good ones.  his kicking is atrocious, that is what bothered me most about him last night.  sad to say i don't think he will be the answer.  summer we will have to splash and get a top keeper.  neither jordan or olsen is the answer.

Oh now you concede he made mistakes because you’ve been called out that’s big of you after the event, the difference between people who fight Pickford’s corner is they also highlight his errors, those like you who have been banging on about how good Olsen is don’t mention his mistakes very sportsman like of you I must say. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Oh now you concede he made mistakes because you’ve been called out that’s big of you after the event, the difference between people who fight Pickford’s corner is they also highlight his errors, those like you who have been banging on about how good Olsen is don’t mention his mistakes very sportsman like of you I must say. 

i conceded he made mistakes in my above post and the matchday thread, where was i holding out?

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i conceded he made mistakes in my above post and the matchday thread, where was i holding out?

You asked the question so I looked for the answer you never challenged his mistakes in the match day thread, but you did mention a great save from Olsen, just to add balance I checked your match day threads on a few of Pickford’s last games and you were right in there as soon as a mistake happened with your criticism, why was that ? do you think you’re balanced in your fews of our goal keepers or just letting your hatred of Pickford cloud your judgment in someway. 
I personally have no issue with Olsen as keeper or a person all keepers make mistakes, you’d do well to remember that. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You asked the question so I looked for the answer you never challenged his mistakes in the match day thread, but you did mention a great save from Olsen, just to add balance I checked your match day threads on a few of Pickford’s last games and you were right in there as soon as a mistake happened with your criticism, why was that ? do you think you’re balanced in your fews of our goal keepers or just letting your hatred of Pickford cloud your judgment in someway. 
I personally have no issue with Olsen as keeper or a person all keepers make mistakes, you’d do well to remember that. 

i missed the first 20 minutes of the match and the last 20, did you see that?  olsen's error period i didn't see, that's why i didn't post.  FFS palfy no need for the witch hunt.  neither are good enough, get donnarumma and we can all sleep easy

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Reaching for what the fucking truth? Didn’t notice you show any concerns or criticism for what Olsen did, but you would have been remarking if it was Pickford, I’m not reaching mate I’m highlighting the massive inconsistency’s of those who slag one player off but not the next for the same thing. 

Not sure why your so angry. 
I do comment on Pickford yes, because he does it so consistently.

You didn’t see me comment on Olsen no.... you didn’t see me comment other than one post! I wasn’t on the forum during the match as I had been out all day and just wanted to watch the match.

You will also see me commenting when Pickford does something good. If not I can very easily quote a few for you. Same as I do for Gomes, Davies, Mina and anyone else. Same as I criticise DCL when he misses a sitter. 

Your problem Palf is that for some reason, your taking it personal. It shouldn’t be mate. It’s a forum where we discuss players in our team... good or bad. 

Calm down mate, have a glass and enjoy Christmas Eve. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful time mate.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

No it isn’t it’s to highlight the complete inconsistency’s of those who would be quite prepared to slag Pickford off in game time and after for two glaring mistakes in the first 10 minutes, yet give it no mention or concerns when Olsen does, and that was the reaction from 5 or 6 of must ferment critics of Pickford, that tells me a lot about the people who slaughter Pickford on a regular basis, there criticism isn’t based on goal keeping errors solely it’s because they dislike the person and that for me is low, it’s fucking cuntish to be honest, that you haven’t got the good graces to treat people equally. 

No I think most to a man were critical of his dribble attempt.

The difference between Pickford and Olsen is levels of goodwill.... If Pickford was the new boy and did what Olsen did, the levels of acceptance would be the same..  the issue for Pickford is that the goodwill has been used up to a large degree.  The error in the derby, the nonsense in games against Newcastle jarr long in the memory. 

That's why.  It happened with Tim Howard .... It even happened with Peter Reid - he was an idol but once he was losing us battles in midfield the fans groans became audible.  A good manager sees this and stops the torture cos it's horrible. 

I said in the other thread, some playerx like Gomes, Davies, Pickford's goose is cooked and I genuinely wish them well elsewhere as we need players in those roles of an equal level to the likes of Allan, Digne, Richarlison.  They are a few levels below. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Your missing the point completely, hasn’t that ever been the case with Pickford that he’s not had a bad team in front of him but typical Pickford haters one rule for him and another for Olsen, Wiggy you’ve been one of the most prolific Pickford critics constantly banging your drum when Pickford does something wrong, yet Olsen goes for a punch gets nowhere it blocking the defender who was in a good position to clear, then completely miss controls a simple back pass, and you don’t say anything don’t even acknowledge it happened, what sort of person is it that wouldn’t be able to wait to get his get rid of Pickford bollocks out there for doing that yet defends Olsen for the same thing, you tell me what sort of person does that I have my opinion but I want to hear it from the horse’s mouth?

I wasn’t aware I was one of Pickfords most prolific haters, and don’t think I am, but feel free to back up your belief. As I was at the game last night, like all games I attend I don’t bother posting during the game as I’m there to watch it, not bury my head in my phone, and last night due to the small crowd the public transport was quick back into town where I’d left my car so didn’t get a chance to post anything, again I apologise.

I will say it again the whole team were awful for the first 20 mins, Olsen kept us in the game, we had a lean sheet at 88 mins.

I do point the finger at Pickford when I feel due, which is only recently as there’s a pattern to the mistakes he makes.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i missed the first 20 minutes of the match and the last 20, did you see that?  olsen's error period i didn't see, that's why i didn't post.  FFS palfy no need for the witch hunt.  neither are good enough, get donnarumma and we can all sleep easy

Let’s be honest the witch hunt is against Pickford not you, me, Olsen or anyone else on here, I looked at the match day thread to check if I missed  your post or posts that you said you made with question for me to respond, I could have been wrong and if so would have owed you an apology. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made some fantastic saves in that mad couple of minutes but he caused that mayhem himself with a poor ball, so he needed to make up for it.

I'm taking nothing away from the saves by the way, but we shouldn't have been in the position where he was needing to make them.

He also made a couple of brilliant reaction saves when attempts had taken deflections.

All in all, it was an up and down performance from him. A little bit Pickford-esque you might say. So, not the answer for me at all.

19 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Made some fantastic saves in that mad couple of minutes but he caused that mayhem himself with a poor ball, so he needed to make up for it.

I'm taking nothing away from the saves by the way, but we shouldn't have been in the position where he was needing to make them.

He also made a couple of brilliant reaction saves when attempts had taken deflections.

All in all, it was an up and down performance from him. A little bit Pickford-esque you might say. So, not the answer for me at all.

Difference being when Pickford tries to make up for a mistake he’s made it usually ends up with him having to pick the ball out of his own net.