Thierry Small

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, patto said:

Not sure he is going to be a star but I hope so now is his time to get some game time pre season while Digne is injured I've seen him a couple of times and was a bit disappointed 

I don't think he will be a full back, if he is he will be very, very attacking, more like a wing back. I think he will end up a winger, pace, can beat a man and loves to get forward.

Looks like we'll be missing out on him - The Athletic are reporting this

Everton defender Thierry Small skips training amid exit attempts
Everton defender Thierry Small has been absent for the first week of pre-season training as he attempts to engineer a move away, according to The Athletic.

The left-back did not return for their July 5 return to training and was still absent on Monday, July 13.

The 16-year-old has been given a locker in the first-team changing room at Finch Farm and the Blues have prepared a “bumper” professional contract for him.
However, Small doesn’t feel that he has a chance of breaking into the Blues side with Lucas Digne firmly entrenched as the number one option, while Niels Nkounkou is also higher than him in the pecking order.

The Athletic claims Small recently cut ties with his agent and found a new representative, while the Blues still retain a desire to keep him on Merseyside and were in contact with the teenager on Monday.
Tough to come back

It appears that Small has set his stall out early and is determined to leave Everton this summer.

The fact that he has missed more than a week of training at such a crucial stage of pre-season is a bad look and it spells out bad news for any hopes harboured that he might sign a new deal still.

It’s a rather peculiar one given his youthful years.

There are not many, if any, 16-year-old’s up and down the country who will be demanding game time for a top-10 Premier League side, but Small obviously backs his abilities and wants to gain experience in senior football as soon as possible.

Small made his Everton debut against Sheffield Wednesday during an FA Cup clash in January, becoming the club’s youngest ever player in the process, but that could well end up being his sole appearance as a Blues player.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Because he's confident? :huh:

Oh yeah.... That thing called confidence.    Except he's not confident of getting a shout at left back so he's looking to go somewhere else where he will likely have a smaller chance 

Hes jibbed his agent so clearly wants £££.  I'm pretty sure we've given this lad a very good indication that we see him as the future - youngest ever player. 

Maybe the lad just feels he has more of a chance elsewhere?

I doubt there is going to be too much of a difference in money that we can offer him compared to the other sides named.

If he does move and it works out then fair play to him, if it doesn't then he is another that will probably end up regretting his decision.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Oh yeah.... That thing called confidence.    Except he's not confident of getting a shout at left back so he's looking to go somewhere else where he will likely have a smaller chance 

Hes jibbed his agent so clearly wants £££.  I'm pretty sure we've given this lad a very good indication that we see him as the future - youngest ever player. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

16..... FFS who exactly is advising him? 

You wrote my response for me :lol:

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

16..... FFS who exactly is advising him? 

Yeah I can’t get my head around it at all, he is holding all the cards here and will be free to sign for whoever he wants in a couple of weeks when he turns 17, he isn’t a blue so if he doesn’t want to sign for us fair enough but to be a total wanker about it and effectively go on strike is ridiculous