IGNORED

Thierry Small

On 25/01/2021 at 16:39, pete0 said:

Couldn't figure out his accent so just had a little Google, Solihull. Notable that his uncle was a footballer, Bryan Small Aston Villa 1991-3 and then bounced round the leagues. 

Just noticed this - Bryan Small is a lovely bloke. He’s a primary age youth coach for Villa - used to come to my school a few years ago to train the kids. I wasn’t aware of the relation.

I really can't get my head around this lad. Somehow the club has really pi55ed him (or his agent or parents) off. The behaviour of not turning up to training at 16 doesn't put the lad in a good light at all.  Not very professional at all, even if he plans to sign for somebody else as soon as he can. Getting some poor guidance. 

Can't believe this 'first team' football bullshit, as at that age he's not going to be starting in any Premiership team let alone Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea. Must also be something else to this. 

Shame, but not surprised. If you had no loyalty to Everton why the fuck would you stick around, especially with the Manchester clubs, Bayern and the rest of Europe's elite all wanting to give out a contract.

I don't know, or care about the ins and outs of his decision or behaviour but not an outcome I'm particularly surprised by.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

wanted to ask on this, i realize you were going for a pun there but do we get a pittance from this or if United get him and sell him for big bucks do we get a decent wedge?

We'll first try negotiating compensation with the club he signs for, and if we can't agree a fee then it'll go to a compensation panel.

We could end up with a decent fee through that or we could end up getting shafted for fuck all. It's hard to tell.

23 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

No, it's one time compensation and that's all. He's literally a free agent, so nothing to do with us anymore.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We'll first try negotiating compensation with the club he signs for, and if we can't agree a fee then it'll go to a compensation panel.

We could end up with a decent fee through that or we could end up getting shafted for fuck all. It's hard to tell.

gotcha thanks to the both of you!

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He’s just signed for Southampton, fuck me are we that bad that anyone would choose them over us, or are we that skint that we can’t complete with Southampton. What’s going on someone has upset him. 

He could have gone to any of the ‘big 6’ and played in their academy or stayed at us and be behind Digne and Niels but he’s backed himself to get more first-team chances at Southampton - fair play and good luck to him for seeking what he thinks will be his best pathway.

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That's actually fair enough. ...... If he joined abig club I'd be fuming. Still not happy but he's clearly going to get first team footy 

Hopefully we get a sell on / buy back. 

Surely if he is that good we could have organised him a loan for first team footy… obvious big questions over his attitude 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

That's actually fair enough. ...... If he joined abig club I'd be fuming. Still not happy but he's clearly going to get first team footy 

I doubt there will be any sell on / buy backs as it is compensation rather than a transfer.

I think it is a smart move. I don't think Southampton have a left footed left back at the moment so there is a very real chance of him playing in the first team this season if he is good enough.

It is a shame because I imagine if we hadn't bought Niels then he would have stayed. Time will tell who was the better player out of those two.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

He could have gone to any of the ‘big 6’ and played in their academy or stayed at us and be behind Digne and Niels but he’s backed himself to get more first-team chances at Southampton - fair play and good luck to him for seeking what he thinks will be his best pathway.

Great way to repay for everything the club has done and given him. He wouldn’t have been behind Niels Niels would have been surplus to requirements, there’s more to this than you think he didn’t return after the summer break and the club couldn’t contact him. 

On 24/08/2021 at 12:17, Hafnia said:

There's no chance of a sell on or buy back. He's no longer our player, there's nothing to be negotiated.