• Lucas Digne
    • Allan
    • André Gomes
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • Ben Godfrey

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...49
James Rodríguez...35
Niels Nkounkou...34
Yerry Mina...20
Abdoulaye Doucouré...19
Allan...17
Séamus Coleman...12
Jordan Pickford...11
Anthony Gordon...10
Richarlison...7
André Gomes...7
Gylfi Sigurðsson...6
Bernard...5
Michael Keane...4
Alex Iwobi...4
Lucas Digne...2
Tom Davies...2

Previous MOTM winners...
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
Wat Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors

Pickford. Stopped two very good chances, and was strong going for the punch first half. DCL done well with the little he was given. Keane and Digne done well, Godfrey had a tough first game but fair enough given he was against their best player. Allen done well too and James is a sexy bastard. Both the latter two not helped by the ref.

Of the bad Gomes was gash, if I was sig or Davies I'd be asking for his spot. Richarlison was trying to hard. Mina was poor for their goal and had another poor clearance in the build up to their 'third'. Other than that Coleman looked off the pace but turned out it was due to carrying an injury, disappointed Ancelotti picked him to start.

Gone with Rodriguez. Thought second half he looked the threat and the one to open something up. 

Allan another who came into the game as it went on.

No way I can give it to Pickford. Yes two brilliant saves but could have been sent off and should have saved Henderson’s shot.

2 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Gone with Rodriguez. Thought second half he looked the threat and the one to open something up. 

Allan another who came into the game as it went on.

No way I can give it to Pickford. Yes two brilliant saves but could have been sent off and should have saved Henderson’s shot.

Thought it was his worst game for us personally, bar 3-4 exceptional moments. Slow and bitchy. 

VAR, with Pickford a close second. 

Went with Pickford because his save from Mario's header literally kept us in the game, and no matter your opinion on him was absolutely top drawer. I thought he was generally good throughout the game too, had a bit of a nightmare with the VVD incident but to be honest that's when everyone needed to give their heads a wobble. 

Keane did well, so gets a shout (Mina was poor, but always going to be a big ask with the amount of travel he's done). Godfrey looked bright too, which is inspiring considering the game he was thrown into. DCL with that header just continues to blow my mind, he's turning into an absolute machine. 

Its probably the first game I have struggled to pick because I didnt think anyone was particularly good. 

The Digne comments are very true, Allan had some brilliant moments and Pickford, whilst lucky given the decisions, was excellent in bits of the game that counted.

It will be one of the first two. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Went with Allan, just for generally being a crank. 
We got very very lucky today though. 

Does Richarlison get three games for that?

Straight red so yes as I understand it unless it’s rescinded which I doubt it will be. He did touch the ball first and pulled his foot back a bit but it was rash. Could cost us more points than that tie earned. Will miss Man U for game 3.

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought it was his worst game for us personally, bar 3-4 exceptional moments. Slow and bitchy. 

He was annoyed Pickford kept booting it upfield rather than allowing us to play out from the back. Hard to say what Carlo’s instructions were without being in the room I guess. 

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Pickford. Stopped two very good chances, and was strong going for the punch first half. DCL done well with the little he was given. Keane and Digne done well, Godfrey had a tough first game but fair enough given he was against their best player. Allen done well too and James is a sexy bastard. Both the latter two not helped by the ref.

Of the bad Gomes was gash, if I was sig or Davies I'd be asking for his spot. Richarlison was trying to hard. Mina was poor for their goal and had another poor clearance in the build up to their 'third'. Other than that Coleman looked off the pace but turned out it was due to carrying an injury, disappointed Ancelotti picked him to start.

I actually counted 3 very good Pickford saves. 

On the Coleman bit I think it would have been pretty rough to start Godfrey out of position in a game like this if Séamus said he could give it a go. Tough call though 

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He was annoyed Pickford kept booting it upfield rather than allowing us to play out from the back. Hard to say what Carlo’s instructions were without being in the room I guess. 

I meant more the waving the imaginary card and strolling about a lot. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I meant more the waving the imaginary card and strolling about a lot. 

The card stuff doesn’t bother me, personally as you want your guys putting pressure on the officials. The strolling about at times is not great but it’s sort of baked in with James. That’s the trade off for the moments of brilliance and he did have a couple of those even today. 

4 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

The card stuff doesn’t bother me, personally as you want your guys putting pressure on the officials. The strolling about at times is not great but it’s sort of baked in with James. That’s the trade off for the moments of brilliance and he did have a couple of those even today. 

I’ve always hated it. It’s tantamount to cheating and poor sportsmanship for me. 

Just now, Matt said:

I’ve always hated it. It’s tantamount to cheating and poor sportsmanship for me. 

Asking for a card? I suppose I get the sentiment though it happens in every sport by the players and the coaches. If your opponent is working the ref and you’re not you are at a disadvantage. 

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

Asking for a card? I suppose I get the sentiment though it happens in every sport by the players and the coaches. If your opponent is working the ref and you’re not you are at a disadvantage. 

Yeah. Anyone who waves a card should get one. Always had this dislike for unsportsmanlike conduct. “Working the ref” shouldn’t be tolerated. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I thought three was for violent conduct only, but I’m not sure if that’s what he was sent off for. Maybe endangering an opponent? Also three? 

It is, not all reds are three games. It looks like it will be for violent conduct or something similar though, so likely to be three games.

Keane gets my vote.