IGNORED

Isco

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

By all accounts he's looking to play so he's motivated. I really don't see any risk in this at all

If he’s a bad egg then it’s a risk.   There is plenty of evidence to suggest he is otherwise other clubs would be in for him.

look at aubameyang, he was ruining arsenal from the inside, did the same at Barca. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If he’s a bad egg then it’s a risk.   There is plenty of evidence to suggest he is otherwise other clubs would be in for him.

look at aubameyang, he was ruining arsenal from the inside, did the same at Barca. 

I think he falls more under the James bracket than bad egg. Watching that video I'd previously shared, he got screwed by Reals "let's buy the next biggest name" so of course he's going to be unhappy. He's got the skills, maybe a new challenge will invigorate him. Worst case, sell him to China or Middle East.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he falls more under the James bracket than bad egg. Watching that video I'd previously shared, he got screwed by Reals "let's buy the next biggest name" so of course he's going to be unhappy. He's got the skills, maybe a new challenge will invigorate him. Worst case, sell him to China or Middle East.

I agree, I don’t see him as someone who will rock the boat. Quality player no doubt & if he came with the right attitude/work rate (also reasonable wages) he would definitely be an asset.

5 hours ago, patto said:

He can if you sign him on a very short contract I’m not talking a loan deal. 

We can register him but he can’t play for a 3rd team this season.

In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs.

9 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We can register him but he can’t play for a 3rd team this season.

In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs.

He's only had 1 team this season, Sevilla. 

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/everton-isco-transfer-news-rumours/

I could be wrong, but I don't think he is a player who you would be putting in the starting line up week in week out for a blood and guts fight to survive in the Premiership. I would not put him in a starting midfield ahead of Gana, Onana and Doucoure.

However, if we are losing a game by a goal or even stuck on a draw against a team who are just sitting deep then with   20-30mins to go and us just need something to happen then having an Isco available off the bench potentially able to add a bit of quality going in to that final 1/3 - he might be a very useful asset. 

Alli last year - did fuck all really, but he did have an impact in that very important Palace game.

Isco is potentially somebody who could turn a loss in to a draw or a draw in to a win. 4 points might make a monumental difference to our season (could be around 10% of our total points!!). He may only need to make and impact on two or three occasions to provide value for a team like us. If we are losing a game, then nothing much else lost by bringing him on. 

What potential game changers do others see on our bench?

He obviously has to be of the right character, but my guess is he will be playing to try and put himself in the shop window. 

31 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/everton-isco-transfer-news-rumours/

I could be wrong, but I don't think he is a player who you would be putting in the starting line up week in week out for a blood and guts fight to survive in the Premiership. I would not put him in a starting midfield ahead of Gana, Onana and Doucoure.

However, if we are losing a game by a goal or even stuck on a draw against a team who are just sitting deep then with   20-30mins to go and us just need something to happen then having an Isco available off the bench potentially able to add a bit of quality going in to that final 1/3 - he might be a very useful asset. 

Alli last year - did fuck all really, but he did have an impact in that very important Palace game.

Isco is potentially somebody who could turn a loss in to a draw or a draw in to a win. 4 points might make a monumental difference to our season (could be around 10% of our total points!!). He may only need to make and impact on two or three occasions to provide value for a team like us. If we are losing a game, then nothing much else lost by bringing him on. 

What potential game changers do others see on our bench?

He obviously has to be of the right character, but my guess is he will be playing to try and put himself in the shop window. 

Or.. We start every game with Isco and sub him off after 2 goals lead?

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

Or.. We start every game with Isco and sub him off after 2 goals lead?

I am guessing this is a sarcastic response.

He would not be anywhere near the top of my list in a transfer window - as far better options available. However, we don't have this luxury now, so it free agents or nothing for us. 

If we are 1-0 down with 20mins to go in a game, who on our bench do you bring on ahead of Isco to try and open up a team defending a narrow lead? I can't think of one player on our bench who you could bring in to midfield to positively effect a game offensively that would be better than Isco. I certainly don't see 5 players ahead of him on our bench.

I don't see every game being like the Arsenal game - I think in a fairly high proportion of our games in the last 15 - 20mins we are going to need to do something positive off the bench.

There will be plenty of game when we will need something different off the bench. I just don't see a better option than Isco adding to our thin squad or have I missed something on the offensive and creative state of the squad we have until June 2023?

I am not talking of giving him a long term lucrative contract or fuck all stupid like that. Fair wage until the end of the season and performance/result stay up bonus etc if needed.  The club has put us in a position where it is pretty much Isco or nothing. If him being in the squad gives us as 5% better chance (which might equate to 1 or 2 points) of staying up we have to take it. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Who? 

Well if a transfer window most players are potentially available to make approaches and offer to - now whether they are willing come or not is a different ball game. Put if this way if we where are the beginning of a transfer window - I don't think trying to sign Isco should be a deal the club should be focusing on. 

However, now the window is closed and fuck all players where brought in, Isco as a free agent should now to be investigated. 

As long has he signing does not negatively affect harmony in the squad (so club has to do due diligence on this) as a footballer I think he adds something different to the squad we have. 

Just asked my lad of you would have Isco on a free?  (He’s a City fan) 

He replied… a three times champion league winner? Of course we would have him on a free.

Told him most Everton fans don’t want him. He said “Iwobi or Isco haha” 

Now I would rather have Iwobi due to his age. But as far as creativity goes…. Different leagues.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He replied… a three times champion league winner? Of course we would have him on a free.

Now I would rather have Iwobi due to his age. But as far as creativity goes…. Different leagues.

Fair play to your boy if you would have asked me how many Isco had won the CL off the top of my head I would not of known the answer. 

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It's like people complaining about James but then also complaining about how toothless we are in attack. It just baffles me :dontknow:

Creative spark. 
Something we do not have. 

Different circumstances, but Eriksen was on a free. 
Unbelievable player. 
Put him self in shop window for a big club. 
if Isco did that for us, it’s a no brainier.

Short term contract. 
What’s not to like?? 

Apart form our board probably offering a 5 year contract on 100k plus with no get out 😂