IGNORED

Isco

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

If the best option we have right now is Isco, and another option is a good (not world class but good) defender, we must take Isco. 

We need to start sorting our defence out, plenty of us have been saying this since Martinez was manager, that seems to have been forgotten about this season but the amount of goals we are conceding suggest it should still be our priority, you won't get anywhere with a defence like ours it will always bite you in the arse and hold you back.

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We need to start sorting our defence out, plenty of us have been saying this since Martinez was manager, that seems to have been forgotten about this season but the amount of goals we are conceding suggest it should still be our priority, you won't get anywhere with a defence like ours it will always bite you in the arse and hold you back.

If there’s a top quality rb available we have to go for them. I really wish we had gotten a chance to see meunier in this team!

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Yeah I agree with what you are saying but if world class midfielders are on offer we need to take that opportunity before sorting the defence out. Defence is the priority, but why waste an opportunity on a world beater? 

It’s the statement as well. James plus Isco along with Allan is a huge statement and could even help sway getting that top class defender.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Yeah I agree with what you are saying but if world class midfielders are on offer we need to take that opportunity before sorting the defence out. Defence is the priority, but why waste an opportunity on a world beater? 

I agree get him only if we still have the budget to sort the defence out. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree get him only if we still have the budget to sort the defence out. 

I'm not sure Mosh is planning on closing that cheque book anytime soon. Plus I think i read somewhere the deal was looking to be a loan. Either way Real will want to get his wages off the books and his contract is up in 2022 so if it is a loan deal his contract only has 12 months left to run after the loan, so a decent fee should be arranged. 

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm not sure Mosh is planning on closing that cheque book anytime soon. Plus I think i read somewhere the deal was looking to be a loan. Either way Real will want to get his wages off the books and his contract is up in 2022 so if it is a loan deal his contract only has 12 months left to run after the loan, so a decent fee should be arranged. 

A loan would be better all for try before you buy. 

On 13/11/2020 at 03:03, Aidan said:

Id hate for him to come here, do well and go somewhere else though. If the rumoured fee of £20/22 million is true i would hope we just pay that.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d like to think we’d be getting three of his best years at that age. Would be very exciting!

Should be at least 3 years. Never been an athletic/pacey player so would hopefully play well into 30’s ( similar time David Silva )

Would hell James a lot though, “if” we have Europe next season I think it’s becoming increasingly obviously James won’t be playing 2/3 games a week consistently. 

I don’t know what to think, after the summer window where Carlo wasn’t happy about leaks on his objectives, I can see why he would say bullshit and they haven’t discussed plans for the January window yet, he wants to keep his cards close to his chest and I don’t blame him, this one still has a long way to run in my opinion. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Know he's not been a regular for a while but Just looked at the last 4 and half seasons and he's barely completed a full game, no more than three times per season. 

Any one watch much of Real? Does he have fitness issues or just not good enough to start?

Not sure. Personally I think he’s a classy player. They have had some excellent midfielders though so it’s hard to judge on why he hasn’t started. 

On 03/01/2021 at 05:45, pete0 said:

Know he's not been a regular for a while but Just looked at the last 4 and half seasons and he's barely completed a full game, no more than three times per season. 

Any one watch much of Real? Does he have fitness issues or just not good enough to start?

I don't know anything about the reason why but if it is some sort of fitness issue then the Premier League would be an eye-opener for him!

On 03/01/2021 at 05:45, pete0 said:

Obviously it's all rumours but apparently there's a bit of a fractured relationship between Isco and Zidane, hence why the latter is reluctant to play him (and has admitted so in his recent press conferences). 

Isco himself was caught a few months ago complaining about the management so I think it's a case of the talent being there but a difficult harmony at dressing room level affecting his chances in the first team. 

I'll be honest Real Madrid is a notorious hard club to break into. Dani Cabellos signed with much hype and is already out on loan, Isco is close to the exit door alongside the likes of Luka Jovic (again, was expected to be the next big thing). Martin Odergaard another that hasn't quite made it - when you've got players like Xabi Alonso and Luka Modric in the midfield you need to be pretty special to knock them onto the bench. 

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but I believe that Isco wants to head to Sevilla, as opposed to England as he wants to reunite with Julien Lopetegui.