IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Shame about Delph 😉

What, that he can’t seem to play two consecutive games due to injury, taking the argument of his quality on the field aside, time to get rid, if we want players to come in and cover the the starting 11 when injured etc, we need consistency not a single game then out injured as well.

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Has he got the fitness, I don’t know how long he’s been back in training have you any idea 

Been out for months and just joined full training this week - dealing with Rashford and Martial straightaway seems cruel and more importantly unlikely to be a recipe for success for the team tmw. Can't wait to see him back in the team after the break though!

26 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Been out for months and just joined full training this week - dealing with Rashford and Martial straightaway seems cruel and more importantly unlikely to be a recipe for success for the team tmw. Can't wait to see him back in the team after the break though!

Agreed he’s not going to be ready 

Given the announcement of who's available, I'd suggest we start with the line-up that began the season, but with a replacement for Richarlison. That could be Bernard, but I have another idea: What about playing Nkounkou forward on the left, ahead of Digne? It would add some unpredictability to an otherwise proven configuration.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Given the announcement of who's available, I'd suggest we start with the line-up that began the season, but with a replacement for Richarlison. That could be Bernard, but I have another idea: What about playing Nkounkou forward on the left, ahead of Digne? It would add some unpredictability to an otherwise proven configuration.

Nkounkou far too big a gamble for me playing him in that position, the replacement for Richarlison as to be Bernard Iwobi or Gordon 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'd go with that, Steve - nice left field idea, if you'll forgive the pun.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not sure how effective he'd be with less room to work with. I'd rather give Gordon a go even though he doesn't have much experience at this level yet.

I think we'll probably see Iwobi though, unfortunately.

I would like to see Godfrey start in place of Mina - He was proper at fault for the second goal last week, and Godfry deserves a chance in the middle. 

Not bothered about seeing either Iwboi or Bernard starting on the left, maybe Iwobi as a bit stronger than Bernard - but would like to see a speedy Gordon come on fresh for the last 30mins against what should be a pretty tired Man U by then - get maximum effect from his pace and running.  Think Gordon may be more effective off the bench today.

I want to see us play full throttle from the off - like a team who smell blood

It’s certainly a dilemma who to put in place of Richarlison, I’m hearing there’s a possibility Coleman won’t start so do  you go with Kenny or Godfrey, who ever it is will have there hands full with Martial attacking on that side and James not the best at working back to help, I would go with Kenny he knows the position a lot better than Godfrey, and I would start with Iwobi on the left. 
What do you say Sir Alf 😉

38 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I would like to see Godfrey start in place of Mina - He was proper at fault for the second goal last week, and Godfry deserves a chance in the middle. 

Not bothered about seeing either Iwboi or Bernard starting on the left, maybe Iwobi as a bit stronger than Bernard - but would like to see a speedy Gordon come on fresh for the last 30mins against what should be a pretty tired Man U by then - get maximum effect from his pace and running.  Think Gordon may be more effective off the bench today.

I want to see us play full throttle from the off - like a team who smell blood

Godfrey could be useful to negate the pace they have up front. 

I actually wouldn't be too surprised to see Gordon start on the left of a 433. Maybe Carlo didn't fancy him the last 2 games as he wouldn't have had space to operate in. He will get plenty against united. 

I wouldn't like to see us go all out. A well balanced defence soaking up pressure and hitting them on the break is the way to win this game. United's main threat is their counter attack and their main weakness is defending the counter.

Bernard for Richarlison and Gylfi for Gomes, Gylfi must have impressed Ancelotti, though Gomes could possibly have a niggle but deserves to be dropped after last showing. 
Big opportunity for Bernard to stake a claim really hope he shows his magic with an impressive performance, my one concern is will he be easily bullied Utd are a physically strong team. 
And Holgate for Mina is a pleasant surprise for me I didn’t think he would be any were near match fit, so again Mina might have a niggle or him and Gomes are paying the price for letting Ancelotti down against Newcastle. 

Pleased with the United XI, Van de Beek on the bench (who was brilliant in Istanbul) and a middle three of Mata, McTominay and Fred. The first two of them being very ordinary, with the latter being a solid tackler. Just a shame that Pogba is on the bench, as for as much as he's capable of magic he's of better use to us on the pitch. 

Hoping DCL can really get at Maguire, who is honestly stealing a living as the captain of Manchester United, it's a must win game for us considering the past two weeks and would set us up nicely to go away to Fulham. I know the crowd aren't there, but being at home I'm hoping that we can really get at these and turn it into a typical Goodison game - the formation leans towards an attacking emphasis which I hope we look towards.

Let's hope Mason and Coleman are fit. Good to have them back though, especially the latter. 

I think Bernard is probably the best fit with Digne down the left but its much of a muchness with the Richarlison cover. 

At least this side has a much better balance about it. 

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Let's hope Mason and Coleman are fit. Good to have them back though, especially the latter. 

I think Bernard is probably the best fit with Digne down the left but its much of a muchness with the Richarlison cover. 

At least this side has a much better balance about it. 

Of course it does but he couldn’t play that side against Newcastle with suspensions and injuries, but I'm pleased your happy mate 👌😉