IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

Fucking hell. Great goal but the defending is crap. 

Keane and Allan not talking over marking Rashford. James leaves a 2 v 1 on Coleman who can't stop the cross and again the massive space between Keane and Holgate is exploited. I have no idea what Holgate is doing at first glance as Keane can't do anything about it. Allan let's him run too but you would expect that as the CBs aren't marking anyone. Communication problems again.

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Keanes no where on both.

He's marking the front post (where he should be). Holgate is the man behind and should be taking the runner, and at fault for both goals. 

Don't let that get in the way of your agenda though.

Edit: Neither goal was scored at the front post, wtf are you talking about. 

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

He's marking the front post (where he should be). Holgate is the man behind and should be taking the runner, and at fault for both goals. 

Don't let that get in the way of your agenda though.

You’re still salty from last week it seems. Didn’t have you down as a dickhead.

Just now, Bailey said:

They have scored from the middle of the 6 yard box. Its the defender at the back post who sees the game in front of him and should be the one reacting to the danger. 

He’s made a good run from deep so naturally going to split to the 2 CB’s. I just feel if Keane is taking up zonal from post he be more aware to cover that area. Seems he reacts late and doesn’t quite get there. I’m going off only seeing it once but that’s my initial reaction, I’ll see it again at halftime and see ✌🏻

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

They have scored from the middle of the 6 yard box. Its the defender at the back post who sees the game in front of him and should be the one reacting to the danger. 

No mate. Surely a central defender can see there is no player on front of him, so he needs to close up? Holgate should be behind ready for a second player, or the loose ball. 
Defenders should always be looking at their triangles and never play solo. 

Keanes position was not doing anything.

Just my view though.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Personal insults rather than accepting you're wrong, watch the goals back and then PM me with an apology, you armchair weirdo. 

I don’t think I’ve ever had a clash with anyone in this forum and think most would regard me as a respectable poster even when having differing opinions. I noticed you were a bit off last week towards me over a difference of opinion but if you want to be a dick I’ll call you a dick.

Poor first half sprinkled with bright moments, great goal from Bernard who looks really up for this afternoon and our left-side is looking a real threat. 

Keane having to hold a rusty Holgate's hand has led to us conceding two very sloppy goals, but the silver lining is that we're only a goal behind and these are shite so anything is possible. An early goal in the second half could really turn things around, but we need to CTRL, ALT, DELETE and reset. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Defenders can see this easily mate. Central defender watching the ball and not watching runners is criminal. Holgate goes to the player behind originally and only comes across when he notices Keane is in no mans land.

I am a defender converted from a keeper and if you don't go to the front post in the situation and cover that area you are doing something wrong. Its one of the most important positions to get into as a defender from balls into the box. Its then the other centre back and full backs job to tuck in and cover the space. Holgate can see everything that is happening in front of him. Keane can't. 

Plenty others involved in what led to the goal but that one error is on Holgate and not Keane.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

He’s made a good run from deep so naturally going to split to the 2 CB’s. I just feel if Keane is taking up zonal from post he be more aware to cover that area. Seems he reacts late and doesn’t quite get there. I’m going off only seeing it once but that’s my initial reaction, I’ll see it again at halftime and see ✌🏻

Keane is there to stop any balls getting into the box at the front post. If it goes over him its the other players responsibility. The only argument against Keane would be if he was too far ahead of the front post in my opinion which I too would have to check again! ;)