• Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Glyfi Sigurdsson
    • James Rodriguez
    • Bernard
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Cenk Tosun

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...49
James Rodríguez...35
Niels Nkounkou...34
Yerry Mina...20
Abdoulaye Doucouré...19
Allan...17
Séamus Coleman...12
Jordan Pickford...11
Anthony Gordon...10
Richarlison...7
André Gomes...7
Gylfi Sigurðsson...6
Bernard...5
Michael Keane...4
Alex Iwobi...4
Lucas Digne...2
Tom Davies...2

Previous MOTM winners...
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
Wat Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors

• Matt locked this topic
  • Matt unlocked this topic

Allan. Coleman made a few too many mistakes and really should've had a go instead of running into a bunch of players, but did well. Reprieve for Bernard, Digne. Doucoure did ok but nothing special. Also, shout out to Iwobi who was much better than I expected him to be coming on and actually put in an effort. I thought Pickford was fine, made a very important save and couldn't do anything about any of the goals, but I expect him to be crucified for the fumble where he was pushed.

James, honestly didn't know he was playing first half. If I hadn't created this thread, I don't think I would've known until he came off. The CB's clearly haven't played together in a long time, and it showed. DCL clearly suffered from anything resembling support or service, but he also didn't put his usual shift in. Cenk didn't really do anything because he had nothing to work with.

Then there's Gylfi. What an absolute shitshow. 

Thought Allan was good especially in the second half but got dragged out of position a few times which United were quick to expose so it was a toss up between Digne and Bernard for me, who I thought linked up well down the left. Opted for Bernard for the well taken goal

Would like to see him drop into the midfield 3 in place of Siggy when Richarlison returns

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought Allan was good especially in the second half but got dragged out of position a few times which United were quick to expose so it was a toss up between Digne and Bernard for me, who I thought linked up well down the left. Opted for Bernard for the well taken goal

Would like to see him drop into the midfield 3 in place of Siggy when Richarlison returns

I see this as a tactic for opposing teams at the moment. Southampton created plenty of 2 v 1s and then yesterday saw him covering the midfield but the strikers were dropping into space and our defenders weren't stepping up. This creates space and then you will always get an overlap down the left as James won't get back quick enough. 

Coleman put in some good attacking runs, his classic runs where he kind of looks like he's out of his depth and doesn't know what he's going to do next but manages to cruise through several players.

Bernard at times showed why he should be Richarlison's cover on the left, linked up with Digne well and did some good stuff but then at times disappears or makes several mistakes.  To get statty on it he got dispossed twice and had bad control that lost the ball 4 times.  good to see him getting a goal though, I always compare him to Pienaar, lots of good pacey skills and link up but often scared to have a shot.  Took that well.

I was quite impressed with Iwobi when he came on, did a decent job on the right wing, pretty composed on the ball and always looking to do something with it but I'm not sure that the right wing is a great place for him, he struggled to get the cross in most of the time finding it hard to make space around their left back.

Overall can't wait to see Richarilson back, we really do miss  him and him being missing has a huge affect on so many players.  James loves being able to pick out his runs, DCL has someone to feed off, it makes our attacks so much more fluid