IGNORED

Fulham (Away) Saturday 21 November

markjazzbassist

We’ve been on a terrible slide and need a win and confidence.  Thankfully we have Fulham.  They are awful and we have richarlison finally back.  I hope we can get a win.

Pickford

coleman keane Godfrey digne

Allan

Doucoure  Bernard

James         DCL     Richarlison

We will beat Fulham with Richarlison back and that will only enforce the myth that we can not win without him in the team, I was desperate to win one of those games to dispell that theory its not good for us as a team carry that around every season.

Yet we should go into this game with our preferred line up, but with still a leaky defence our only saving grace is that Fulham are poor and lack a real goal threat, still plenty to do with the team this season but this surely must be a win. 

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Lookman missed a penalty in the 95th minute by trying to dink it and made a right meal of it.

Odds on he will score against us though!

By all accounts they deserved a point against West Ham. I saw them week one against Arsenal but haven't seen them since. 

On paper I don't see how their midfield and defence can cope in this league. 

On 08/11/2020 at 06:44, markjazzbassist said:

We’ve been on a terrible slide and need a win and confidence.  Thankfully we have Fulham.  They are awful and we have richarlison finally back.  I hope we can get a win.

Pickford

coleman keane Godfrey digne

Allan

Doucoure  Bernard

James         DCL     Richarlison

I think Holgate will start over Godfrey here. So id go that line up. Depending on what Bernard we get, id bring Iwobi on for Bernard and Move James into midfield to get him involved. Again though, depends if Iwobi is going to be the player who came on for 20 minutes against united or the Iwobi thats been around more often than not.

I think it's more important than normal at the moment with some of our key players playing in South America. The longer James, Richarlison & Allan have to get themselves together, the better. That being said, I imagine it's not too much of a problem when you are on a private jet and your PT and private physiotherapist are on board!

17 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it's more important than normal at the moment with some of our key players playing in South America. The longer James, Richarlison & Allan have to get themselves together, the better. That being said, I imagine it's not too much of a problem when you are on a private jet and your PT and private physiotherapist are on board!

And Mina he’s definitely got to be in the mix after the shit served up from Keane and Holgate in CD against Utd. 

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Sunday, great. 12:00 kick off, awful.  That's something like 4:00 am where I am.  Sadly don't expect I'll be able to drag myself out of bed to watch it live so will have to catch in on delay.  Any chance of seeing JP at least on the bench?

He’s not even in England at the moment. 

4 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Sunday, great. 12:00 kick off, awful.  That's something like 4:00 am where I am.  Sadly don't expect I'll be able to drag myself out of bed to watch it live so will have to catch in on delay.  Any chance of seeing JP at least on the bench?

where you are?  it's 7am eastern which is 6a chicago time.

BBC really been given the dregs for their games!

Hoping with Richarilson back we'll turn it on and produce a proper performance to stop this bad run of results.

We've got a few very winnable games now before a very tough December so best pick up some form again now.

I see James scored in a humiliating defeat to Columbia's neighbours Ecuador (6-1), hopefully he's had a bit of time to recover from his injury as i feel he's been struggling a bit with that injury over the last few weeks and not really having any training in between games.  No doubt having injections to make sure he can play as well.

I'd go back to Olsen for another game

Other than that I don't think we need a lot of changes.

Coleman  Holgate  Keane  Digne

Allan  Doucoure  Gomes

James         DCL         Richarlison

Going Gomes over Sig as hoping with a bit of a break he'll have worked on his fitness and should be up for trying to earn his place.

I'd prefer to see James in the middle in more of a free role as he'll get more of the ball but don't see that happening at the moment.  He tends to come across pretty free anyway.

to get James in the middle I'd be tempted with the below.  It's a pretty attacking line up but it's not like we're short of combative midfield and it gives James more freedom to pick the ball up from them in the middle while giving 3 outlets with plenty of pace.

Allan Doucoure

James

Gordon    DCL   Richarlison

No Coleman for this one and Gbamin still returning to fitness.

Mina in and Holgate to RB for me. Just need him to lock down that right side and focus on defending. Primarily attack down the left with the James switch to Richy/Digne wing. 

Mina and Keane.... two big centre backs need to have Mitrovic under control. Mina especially - I understand some don’t rate him and I can see those points ( I don’t mind him so much ) however, this should be the situation he relishes and I expect him to be dominant.

Midfield - Allan, Doucoure and Bernard with Bernard on the left of the three to allow Doucoure and to a lesser extent Allan to cover behind James ( Robinson is an attacking fullback ). Richarlison to occupy a second striker position/extra body in the box when Digne has width and Bernard to link up with him.

I’ll be seriously concerned if Gylfi starts. No issue with a iwobi however as I thought he looked good when he came on against United.

3 points to get us rolling again.

10 hours ago, Btay said:

No Coleman for this one and Gbamin still returning to fitness.

Mina in and Holgate to RB for me. Just need him to lock down that right side and focus on defending. Primarily attack down the left with the James switch to Richy/Digne wing. 

Mina and Keane.... two big centre backs need to have Mitrovic under control. Mina especially - I understand some don’t rate him and I can see those points ( I don’t mind him so much ) however, this should be the situation he relishes and I expect him to be dominant.

Midfield - Allan, Doucoure and Bernard with Bernard on the left of the three to allow Doucoure and to a lesser extent Allan to cover behind James ( Robinson is an attacking fullback ). Richarlison to occupy a second striker position/extra body in the box when Digne has width and Bernard to link up with him.

I’ll be seriously concerned if Gylfi starts. No issue with a iwobi however as I thought he looked good when he came on against United.

3 points to get us rolling again.

Do they actually play Robinson? I don't watch them but I thought Bryan was their LB?

I’d like to see —

Olsen

Mina           Keane       Holgate

Doucouré       Allan          Digne

James          Gomes       Richarlison

DCL

1. Does Fulham play in such a way that 3 at the back is obviously a bad idea?  I’m asking.

2. Maybe it’s not a good idea to drop Pickford, but his inconsistencies are a problem.

3. It seems clear that Ancelotti isn’t committed to 4-4-2, and Richarlison on the left is pretty close to a second striker.  Is Richarlison used strictly as a striker for Brazil?

4. If we had a good RW, James could move to a traditional 10.  But we don’t.  I guess Iwobi can play there.

5. I still have hopes for Gomes, but his lack of pace — made worse by his awful injury? — is glaring.  He does control the ball at his feet, fends off challenges, and delivers excellent long passes.  His max is probably 70 minutes.  I don’t know what his future is at Everton.  Ditto for Sigurdsson.