IGNORED

Fulham (Away) Saturday 21 November

markjazzbassist

I think we will still the strongest line up we can put out

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Holgate Digne

Doucoure Allan Gomes

James DCL Richarlison 

Possibly Sigurdson for Gomes, but im guessing with Richarlison and Digne back he will put Andre in. 

I’m happy with that line up with what’s available, just that our front line and midfield are like a mansion with great views to the front over rolling countryside, then the defence who are the back of the property over looks a run down industrial estate. 

We need a decent defence to balance the team out if we seriously want to go further. 

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

523 with iwobi at RWB or 433 with Iwobi on the right and James in the Gomes role? Or 4231 with James in no 10 maybe? 

I think Iwobi will be wide right. James as the right CM. Attacking team though. Just not sure with Godfrey at right back. If Holgate was deemed fit enough/ready  for United then he should be starting this game after another 2 weeks of training so I think management made a fuck up against United.

I dont like the look of that side, especially if it means a return to the 442. It would put Godfrey at right back, it would give Doucoure and Allan a lot to do against a 5 man midfield especially if they don't get a lot of help from James. I would hope the front two would give more than enough for Fulham to think about and win the game though. 

I hope it is more of a 433 with Iwobi in that attacking central midfield role. Right back would still be a problem but it would have a bit more balance, if Iwobi is up to the task.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

Probably produced his best cameo against United so no issue for me here. Just has play forward and drive at their defence.

He did well in that short cameo but imo only did what he should be doing anyway.

just hope he turns up today as the majority will be calling for him off at HT... well mainly me. 

The commentators in this game are saying we are playing a 5 at the back with Iwobi playing as the right back. 

I'm not seeing enough on the wider camera shots to see if that's right but Godfrey is very central and Iwobi isn't pushed up as high as you would expect. 

If nothing else it should give James lots of freedom.