IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

25 minutes ago, Aidan said:

What makes you think that? 

I mean, to compare them making our bench isn't really fair as for a start ones a central player the other is a wide player. Alli does however comfortably get ahead of Davies and Delph on our bench IMO. 

Alli is a match of the day player. Too often makes the wrong decision and often goes missing for large chunks of the game. 

He tries hard but often he's over exerting himself as he's poor positional. Technical ability is above average but apart from that he's a championship player.

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Alli is a match of the day player. Too often makes the wrong decision and often goes missing for large chunks of the game. 

He tries hard but often he's over exerting himself as he's poor positional. Technical ability is above average but apart from that he's a championship player.

Thats a bit harsh for a player who got 42 goal contributions in the league alone over the course of two seasons. I understand he hasn't quite replicated this the past two years but injuries have been part to blame. 

He's miles ahead of any player we have sat on our bench, and would fit in the Gomes/Sigurdsson role perfectly and also do a better job. 

30 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Thats a bit harsh for a player who got 42 goal contributions in the league alone over the course of two seasons. I understand he hasn't quite replicated this the past two years but injuries have been part to blame. 

He's miles ahead of any player we have sat on our bench, and would fit in the Gomes/Sigurdsson role perfectly and also do a better job. 

I was thinking of using Sigurdsson as an example. Don't see him most the match but the goals and assists help cover up the lack of contribution across the rest of the 90. Without the goals going in Sigurdsson has now really come under the spotlight with most of us wanting rid. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

I was thinking of using Sigurdsson as an example. Don't see him most the match but the goals and assists help cover up the lack of contribution across the rest of the 90. Without the goals going in Sigurdsson has now really come under the spotlight with most of us wanting rid. 

If i dont see a player much but he manages to get 10 goals and 10 assists over the course of a season I wouldn't really care, he can carry on hiding

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

If i dont see a player much but he manages to get 10 goals and 10 assists over the course of a season I wouldn't really care, he can carry on hiding

That's fine for a striker but not a midfielder. Sigurdsson got 13 goals and 6 assists for us one season. We finished 8th as he done little else (although to be fair to him he was asked to do a job he simply doesn't have the skills for). Had we had a player that could press we'd probs have finished higher even if they did score less they'd have helped us more defensively. I'd also imagine they'd help more going forward as if Sigurdsson wasn't involved in a goal he tended not to be involved at all.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

It's a broad statement and doesn't necessarily stand up... 

James is a player who epitomises this.  He can touch the ball half as much as Decoure but as long as he is using those touches to take pressure off the team in a tight situation and redistribute the ball to a low pressure teammate which he often does then he is worth his shirt on that alone .... Whether he gets assists or not. 

When he is not getting the ball and the team is overrun like at the weekend then he should be off.... Absolutely.

DCL scored 2 at the weekend but his best moments were doing the hard yards and graft when we were under the cosh.

Again, someone that could be improved upon if people looked hard enough on the continent. 

In the early years Alli had a lot of promise but I don't think it's untrue to say that he hasn't lived up to his potential, I'm surprised that it's taken so long for him to be dropped to be honest. 

Like Pogba, a move to PSG would be perfect so that he can do all the rainbow flicks in the world and appear on viral Instagram stories. Not someone that I'd be particularly excited about signing, especially given what we would pay.

I don't know much about Dele personally as he's rarely talked about here in the States so I'm approaching this from a different angle. Generally speaking I don't think you can take what is happening to him now as the nail in the coffin if you will - Jose had Salah, De Bruyne and Schurrle at Chelsea (all at the same time) and none of them were deemed quality enough to play for him. Dele may be a total knob and never amount to anything more than he already is/was but I'm not going to let the last 3 months make that decision for me. Certainly the scouting dept and Carlo need to do their due diligence here.

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I don't know much about Dele personally as he's rarely talked about here in the States so I'm approaching this from a different angle. Generally speaking I don't think you can take what is happening to him now as the nail in the coffin if you will - Jose had Salah, De Bruyne and Schurrle at Chelsea (all at the same time) and none of them were deemed quality enough to play for him. Dele may be a total knob and never amount to anything more than he already is/was but I'm not going to let the last 3 months make that decision for me. Certainly the scouting dept and Carlo need to do their due diligence here.

He's just not that good in my opinion. Had a purple patch and then has found his true level.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's just not that good in my opinion. Had a purple patch and then has found his true level.

I sort of feel the same. Always though Barkley was much better than him and was disappointed when Ali pretty much took his England place. 
I’m not sure I’d be too again I’d getting him on loan. Wouldn’t mind seeing what he can do here.