IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

God likes to help those who helps themselves (although he does help everyone)

With Frank, his team and the players putting the effort in and playing the way we are I'm sure we will be getting a bit of extra help!!

I'm sure there are Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Norwich, and Brentford fans all preying to the almighty.

Although I think he has his hands full with other tragic matters at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

I never got this transfer at the potential fee for a guy that has not looked interested for several years, haven't seen anything to think this move will rejuvenate his career.

Only positive if he is shit we won't be paying that potential fee.

It’s a non risk, if he isn’t up to it then he will be sold on and we make money.   

if he shows a return to former levels he’s a £60m player at least. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It’s a non risk, if he isn’t up to it then he will be sold on and we make money.   

if he shows a return to former levels he’s a £60m player at least. 

I get the non risk element and the way the deal was structured tells me he was always considered a gamble, my problem with that was shouldn’t when we were in the position we were in be signing players that were considered less of a gamble with more opportunities to play to help the team conquer it’s problems, not saying he won’t come good in the next 3 or 4 games, but if he doesn’t what a waste of signing when we needed players who were going to contribute regularly. 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I get the non risk element and the way the deal was structured tells me he was always considered a gamble, my problem with that was shouldn’t when we were in the position we were in be signing players that were considered less of a gamble with more opportunities to play to help the team conquer it’s problems, not saying he won’t come good in the next 3 or 4 games, but if he doesn’t what a waste of signing when we needed players who were going to contribute regularly. 

Players that were less of a gamble wouldn’t be coming to us on a free/structured deal palf.   We are at our ffp limits.

Alli will play a key part I am sure of that. 

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Levy is a master in the transfer market. He wouldn't have let Alli go on that deal unless he really wanted rid of him imho. It doesn't mean he won't come good for us of course but I can't see how it helps us a great deal in the short term - and that is where we need help urgently.

Levy isn’t that good. He’s tight and that’s about it. 

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Players that were less of a gamble wouldn’t be coming to us on a free/structured deal palf.   We are at our ffp limits.

Alli will play a key part I am sure of that. 

Maybe maybe not I’m not sure if they offered on anyone else or just concentrated all their efforts on him, but and there’s always a but why go through all the efforts of getting him when it was the last window to improve the team to stave off relegation and then not play him, that’s what I struggle with surely we haven’t now based our recruitment on cheap deals instead of will they improve the team when we most need it, just a bizarre signing for me at the moment to be honest. 

2 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

Alli, Patterson, El Ghazi and Mykolenko to a lesser degree all pointless signings when we needed players to come in and play. Yet another terrible transfer window 

Exactly to say we were buying players for the following season in a winter window doesn’t make sense, when we needed players for now to help keep us up. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Other than an odd tiny flash, I just don't see the point in him. 

I was saying earlier today what was the point of bringing him here, for me a complete waste of a signing, whether there cheap or it’s financially a good deal means zilch if they add nothing to the team. 

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I watched Coady take him on and run past him. Connor fucking Coady. 

He was happy to play the hard man on the keeper but couldnt be bothered to chase a statue of a centre back. 

For me, his attitude is all wrong. 

He wasn't great but he was charging about all over the place, admittedly not for that bit though.

• 2 weeks later...