IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Do you know when you're not that arsed about something but then someone else wants it?

Yeah I'm right there.

Hands off Newcastle, you spunk swallowers.

I'm actually hoping he goes there to be honest. This will be a very good example of his mentality actually. 

7 minutes ago, badaids said:

Another attacking midfielder with questionable attitude on insane wages.  What can possibly go wrong?

How do we possibly now have 40m?  If we have that, how can we be spending it on a very hit and miss attacker while we're leaking goals and desperately need an every day CB leader.  FRRIIICKCKCKCK

1 minute ago, chicagoblue said:

How do we possibly now have 40m?  If we have that, how can we be spending it on a very hit and miss attacker while we're leaking goals and desperately need an every day CB leader.  FRRIIICKCKCKCK

Because it's a lay away plan. Zero down and £10M-£40M in the future. If any one else is available for that deal this year, I am sure we would be listening.

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

We’ve been saving a lot of bonus money for years! 😂

This. I always laugh my arse off at the naivete of clubs who insist on performance-related bonuses when they offload their shite to us. Besiktas probability thought they'd played a blinder when we offered them an extra 100 million if Cenk scores 5 goals in a season. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's 2 years to upgrade his contract depending on performances, not 5 years for doing nothing. 

Absolutely this! If he’s fired up to sort his career out and get back to form then he can earn a longer contract. If not, well he won’t be hanging around like Cenk Tosun is or Mo Besic did. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's 2 years to upgrade his contract depending on performances, not 5 years for doing nothing. 

And it's tied to the same length as the manager. Could be smart based on how we have churned over managers. We will sign players some of the new buys on the same length of contract.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we're paying the full £40m then we're probably winning the league and qualifying for the CL, so he won't be wanting to go anywhere.

Yes that's the extreme view, but if he resurrects his career, and clubs at the top end of the league come calling, even if we only pay up to 30 mil, he still goes on a free.  I just think if you are going to take a chance on a 25 year old then its worth a longer contract, just an opinion.

31 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Gordon's been playing as winger but all 3 are also AMs, and Alli has played as part of a fwd line.

Hope you're right but only so many spots on the ground.

Gordon will remain a winger if he wants to play this season. No need to play him in any other position.