IGNORED

Ivan Toney

Newcastle played a blinder selling Toney for a couple of million then spending £40m on Joelinton the next summer. Brentford will probably value Toney at £40m now... as for Joelinton... well, I bet a few Newcastle fans would take a couple of million! It’s a funny old game!

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I bought a Beckford shirt thinking he was gonna be our #9 for a while. Haven't put that one on in quite a few years 🤦‍♂️

Hope you had #16 on the back as that was his number 🤣

To be honest I went through a phase of always getting a name and number on the back of my shirts, so that when looking back they could be a memory as such of that season. I've got the usual ones; Coleman, Baines, Arteta and Cahill was my first ever name/number but I've always had some mad ones just because I personally loved the players in question. The shirt we made the FA Cup final in has ''Neville, 18'' on the back as I loved him as captain, one of my black away shirts has ''Naismith, 14'' and most out of the box is my Everton shirt with the amber collar (2012/13), which has ''Vellios, 27'' as I loved him and really wanted him to break into the first team. 

I've got them all in a box, but get them out from time to time and wear them. The only player that I have on the back of my shirt that I have little time for is Eto'o, but one bad choice out of several isn't going to keep me up at night. On another note when Arteta moved to Arsenal I can remember my Dad whipping out the iron and burning his name and number off the back 😅!

• 3 months later...

My old Team Peterborough have a good record at finding Strikers from lower leagues, they've just replaced Toney with Jonson Clarke Harris who has just won the player of the season award in their division. I lived in Peterborough for over 30years and my mates down there tell me He's just as good a striker and has scored 31 goals for them. See if he can carry on in a higher league.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

My old Team Peterborough have a good record at finding Strikers from lower leagues, they've just replaced Toney with Jonson Clarke Harris who has just won the player of the season award in their division. I lived in Peterborough for over 30years and my mates down there tell me He's just as good a striker and has scored 31 goals for them. See if he can carry on in a higher league.

I always new you were Posh and not working class😉.

They were very much in the spotlight when Barry Fry was involved with them and had some good moments as I recall, to think the ESL could have potentially destroyed the future of these types of clubs that give supporters and players so many dreams and opportunities, great little post Bill.