IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday 12 December

markjazzbassist

7 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Think I might be inclined to put Yerry and Keane back in CB and push Holgate to CDM.  Allan is great when he's on, but he doesn't want to sit and hold.  Him and Doucoure are both better when they can roam a bit and influence the play.

I had the same thought about Holgate.  Think it works best with iwobi as an attacking rb to provide a bit more cover. 
Carlo has some work on this selection.

think I want 

Pickford

Iwobi    Mina     Keane    Niels 

Holgate 

Doucoure  Allan  Gomes

DCL    Richarlison

I haven’t been confident with our starting XI for a few weeks now.

I think our performances have pretty much matched my optimism.

No James and a defence that I think hasn’t kept a clean sheet since opening game.

I am dreading Carlo’s game plan especially if I see 5 at the back.

We beat Chelsea last season with a good old fashioned 442. That was without Allan and Dacoure but on other the side we had Digne and Coleman in the team.

We cannot leave Dom up on his own and keep pumping up long balls to him with 3 defenders around him. I’m going 442 today.

.............Pickford..........

Godfrey..Keane...Mina..Niels.

Iwobi.....Allan.....Dacoure..Bernard

Dom.....Richy...

COYB

Keep it simple as far as I am concerned.

Pickford

Kenny Mina Keane Niels

Doucoure Allan Gomes

Iwobi DCL Richarlison

If Niels is classed as not being good enough then I'd play Godfrey in that position. He can sit and Gomes and Richarlison can then have more license to break forward. 

No James maybe a blessing in disguise for this one, yes we could miss his attacking play and quick movement up front but we won’t miss him defensively. 
For me this is a game where we haven’t got the ball 10 men need to work hard to get behind it and win it back, then hit them on the break with the speed of DCL and Richarlison in the space behind the Chelsea defence. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No James maybe a blessing in disguise for this one, yes we could miss his attacking play and quick movement up front but we won’t miss him defensively. 
For me this is a game where we haven’t got the ball 10 men need to work hard to get behind it and win it back, then hit them on the break with the speed of DCL and Richarlison in the space behind the Chelsea defence. 

You can say that but James ability on the ball takes pressure off players when facing a press.  Circling the wagons isn't gonna work either. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You can say that but James ability on the ball takes pressure off players when facing a press.  Circling the wagons isn't gonna work either. 

Like I said we could miss him, it will be interesting to see how we approach this without him, but with or without every man needs to help and cover the man next to him, I want to see a Ferguson mentality in this one from every man on the pitch, and with the right work rate and focus we could do something in this one. 
And not every good player is suited to every single game and sometimes you need another type of player that offers a different dimension, and just maybe by default this may work better for us in this game. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Like I said we could miss him, it will be interesting to see how we approach this without him, but with or without every man needs to help and cover the man next to him, I want to see a Ferguson mentality in this one from every man on the pitch, and with the right work rate and focus we could do something in this one. 
And not every good player is suited to every single game and sometimes you need another type of player that offers a different dimension, and just maybe by default this may work better for us in this game. 

I take that back he’s put Gylfi on 🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In Gylfi's case, I guess that would be the reverse spacetime dimension, where he convinces himself he has both when he has neither.

3 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Just can’t understand how multiple managers have not noticed he is a ghost.

I'm a theater director, and I liken Gylfi to a lot of actors I've seen over the years. They must audition really well, because once they're onstage they're atrocious. 

Gylfi must look a world beater in training, as that's the only explanation for why he continually sees the pitch on matchdays.