IGNORED

Sami Khedira

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Could be a Barry type signing. Plus he’s won pretty much everything, another serial winner in the ranks would be good. 

And that's fine when we haven't just signed Allan and James. If he was the only one then I'm all for it because you can compensate with the rest of them.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And that's fine when we haven't just signed Allan and James. If he was the only one then I'm all for it because you can compensate with the rest of them.

I get the mobility concern. But he’s a player that would play smart from what I remember, much like Barry did 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I get what you are saying without a doubt but Allan is all energy. Doucoure as well. I’d have no issues with Khedira  coming on for the 30 with those two in front of him, even starting matches. We don’t have a midfielder who plays/covers horizontal lines and he’s one of the best. Would be huge for Davies and young players as well.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What? Here’s what you’ll never have the ability to be? :lol: 😛 

Think Davies has had a rough deal the last few seasons. Been a part of a shit house midfield but he’s looked like more of a leader than most. 

I think I just want him to do well because he’s from the academy.

I am surprised people want him here.

The last time he played anything like a full season of first team football was in 2017/2018. Since then he has played less than 1000 minutes in all competitions per season.

His recent injury record is concerning too... It looks like re-occurring knee injuries as well as abductor injuries which are nightmares. He has previously ruptured a cruciate as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sami-khedira/verletzungen/spieler/29401

I have never been convinced that he is as good as people have said he is and that was before the last three seasons when he has been nothing more than a bit part player. Even if he is as good as people have said, how often is he actually going to see the pitch and show that level of form?

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I am surprised people want him here.

The last time he played anything like a full season of first team football was in 2017/2018. Since then he has played less than 1000 minutes in all competitions per season.

His recent injury record is concerning too... It looks like re-occurring knee injuries as well as abductor injuries which are nightmares. He has previously ruptured a cruciate as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sami-khedira/verletzungen/spieler/29401

I have never been convinced that he is as good as people have said he is and that was before the last three seasons when he has been nothing more than a bit part player. Even if he is as good as people have said, how often is he actually going to see the pitch and show that level of form?

Well the next game is a perfect example of why he could be useful; replacing a suspended Allan. I wouldn’t be bringing him in and expect to play every game, but he’d certainly give a better quality backup than others plus the experience and mentality brings a lot too. 

Won’t be bothered if we don’t get him, but I can see some logic to it and so long as it’s not a stupid contract/fee I’d be fine with it 

Absolute yes from me. He'd be on a free and we could sign him for 18 months. He would immediately be that 3rd midfielder in the Gomes/Siggy role and rotate with Allan when needed. Incredible quality and versatility in the midfield. Even just to come on and lock down games with 10mins left he's worth it. We don't have anyone who can come in and do that. 

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well the next game is a perfect example of why he could be useful; replacing a suspended Allan. I wouldn’t be bringing him in and expect to play every game, but he’d certainly give a better quality backup than others plus the experience and mentality brings a lot too. 

Won’t be bothered if we don’t get him, but I can see some logic to it and so long as it’s not a stupid contract/fee I’d be fine with it 

I don't remember Allan getting booked last game?!

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Think Davies has had a rough deal the last few seasons. Been a part of a shit house midfield but he’s looked like more of a leader than most. 

I think I just want him to do well because he’s from the academy.

Agreed.

Tom Davies had been promoted from bell boy to captain of the ship cos the overpaid nobheads who should have been steering us were getting pissed up and had us heading for an iceberg. 

I think he will be a decent player and find his way. 

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

When’s the cut off point on 5 yellows? It’s definitely sometime in December so he may actually survive it... until the 10 yellow punishment.

A player who receives five yellow cards before the 19th match-week will be issued with a one-match ban. If a player has accumulated 10 yellow cards by match-week 32 they will be handed a two-match ban.

No. of yellow cards Before match-week Duration of ban
5 19 One game
10 32 Two games
15 38 Three games

A total of 15 yellow cards in the duration of the season will result in a three-match ban.

In that case, no way is he surviving 7 more matches without a yellow!

At 33 with a history of injuries not a chance he would prove to be a worse buy than Delph has been, come on lads focus on the facts he’s done and will must likely retire in 12 months, unless of course Everton give him a bumper 2 year contract then he may hang around on the physio’s table for a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

At 33 with a history of injuries not a chance he would prove to be a worse buy than Delph has been, come on lads focus on the facts he’s done and will must likely retire in 12 months, unless of course Everton give him a bumper 2 year contract then he may hang around on the physio’s table for a bit longer. 

Well you undid any chance of a respectable argument with that comparison :P unlike Delph, he’s actually been a key to the trophies he’s won

23 hours ago, Matt said:

As we know all to well from Delph, if he isn't fit then he won't be able to be relied upon to come in and replace anyone!

I guess in some ways this signing is a bit like James. If the player is still there (IE not over the hill) and he can stay fit and is motivated to play a meaningful part in the season then why wouldn't you give it a go, but I just have some doubts about all three of those given how little he has played in the last 2+ years.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

As we know all to well from Delph, if he isn't fit then he won't be able to be relied upon to come in and replace anyone!

I guess in some ways this signing is a bit like James. If the player is still there (IE not over the hill) and he can stay fit and is motivated to play a meaningful part in the season then why wouldn't you give it a go, but I just have some doubts about all three of those given how little he has played in the last 2+ years.

James comparison is quite good; if he was playing 100% of the games at regular CL teams, he wouldn’t be a possibility 

22 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No way for me. I’m all for experience and players that can jump in and make a difference. But all he would be doing at this stage of his career... is providing cover.

I would rather spend the wage on a player that can provide cover, and possibly progress.

Do you not think he would start, say ahead of Gomes, if he could stay fit?

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Do you not think he would start, say ahead of Gomes, if he could stay fit?

He couldn't the past 3 seasons, why now when he's soon to be 34? A big no from me. We need more players with future like Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin. Experience is already there in the likes of Allan and James. We are missing players with hunger for glory, enough with the "one last paycheck" seekers.