IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday 17th February

markjazzbassist

I'm not looking forward to this game. 

I was still angry this morning regarding Sundays shit show. 

I don't mind losing if every player has worked their bollocks off and played for the badge!

What worries me is that we came out against Fulham and sat back- f-ing Fulham!

i must move on! 

Pickford will make a difference as he can kick the ball over the half way line- in fact he can throw the ball further than Olsen.

Allan- bit of bite and extra pace 

DCL- can lead the line better than Richy.

City's style will suit James. 

Keane back in please.

Holgate dropped!!! The most important change this one. 

Hopefully we can give City a game!

Whether people prefer Pickford or not, the one thing he has needed is competition for his place and I think unless he seriously has delusions of grandeur then he must know that Olsen is a bonafide competitive option. 

I expect Pickford to fully lose the arrogance that led him into the pitfalls of stupidity and resulting pressure which stemmed from the humility of putting a target on his head. 

I'd like to see Pickford return to see how he reacts. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whether people prefer Pickford or not, the one thing he has needed is competition for his place and I think unless he seriously has delusions of grandeur then he must know that Olsen is a bonafide competitive option. 

I expect Pickford to fully lose the arrogance that led him into the pitfalls of stupidity and resulting pressure which stemmed from the humility of putting a target on his head. 

I'd like to see Pickford return to see how he reacts. 

He tends to do better when he’s busy and he’ll be busy in this one. 

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

None of the teams they've played are as bipolar as us though, I'm optimistic.

Exactly what I said to my son yesterday. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt about supporting Everton over the decades is that you can expect the unexpected for better or worse. Take earlier in this season on a horrendous run of form, lots of injuries and we beat Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal back to back. 

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'm with others who aren't looking forward to this one. I'll be there, though I'm guessing my blood pressure will be through the roof..

Seriously I'll be far more relaxed than Fulham/Sheffield United/Newcastle games, we can take something from this and if we don't then it was expected.

City are head and shoulders above every team in the Prem. The only really consistent team in the leauge. 

DCL is a massive out for us, especially in this game. King should be given a chance as a direct replacement. 

Is difficult not to expect the worst. But this is football and the unexpected can happen.

Their in form goal scorer is out of this one, so a ray of sunlight, but Man city are not short of quality replacements, but it just might disrupt their rhythem and momentum a little bit.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

City are head and shoulders above every team in the Prem. The only really consistent team in the leauge. 

DCL is a massive out for us, especially in this game. King should be given a chance as a direct replacement. 

Is difficult not to expect the worst. But this is football and the unexpected can happen.

Their in form goal scorer is out of this one, so a ray of sunlight, but Man city are not short of quality replacements, but it just might disrupt their rhythem and momentum a little bit.

I go along with that and if we apply ourselves correctly we have a better than average chance of coming away with a result from this game. 

Pickford 

Coleman.   Keane.     Mina.       Godfrey 

Davies.       Allan.       Doucoure 

Richarlison.    King.     Digne. 

For me this game will be about hard work pressing every ball and not letting them settle and dictate the game with time and space on the ball, City aren’t unstoppable with hard work we can get something out of this, use our subs at the right time if players are flagging get them off before we concede even if after 35-40 minutes.