IGNORED

Rotherham United (FA Cup Home) Saturday 9 January

markjazzbassist

The only thing I'm not keen on really is Tosun.

He's just not very good and I'm caught in two minds about how I want him to go today. If he scores and it means someone will take him off our hands that's great but if him scoring means we see him as a viable option for the rest of the season that's really not good.

I for one never knew how many physiotherapists we had here on ToffeeTalk, great to have such insight. 

If Digne has been cleared fit by the medical team (which consists of several well paid doctors) and the management team, then I think we should just accept him as fit until proven otherwise in the game - if for whatever reasons he's fatigued/struggling I'm sure on the hour mark he'll be swapped out. No concern or anger from my side, just made up that he's back with us. 

As for the rest of the team, I'm happy with it but agree with @Romey 1878 and have the same thoughts regarding Tosun - I'm hoping that given the side Rotherham are we shouldn't rely on just one player to get the goals, with the amount of space (hopefully) on offer we should see Iwobi, Gordon and James in good positions to score. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Sooner see Ellis Simms play than Tosun

Picked a bad time to post that... 😂

Great finish from Cenk, 1-0. As expected, but unbelievable the amount of space that they are giving us, Gordon could have sliced his pass a yard or two either side and it would still have found Tosun first - really nice finish too, I was expecting him to use the pace of the ball to take it around Blackman, but he didn't need to. 

51 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The only thing I'm not keen on really is Tosun.

He's just not very good and I'm caught in two minds about how I want him to go today. If he scores and it means someone will take him off our hands that's great but if him scoring means we see him as a viable option for the rest of the season that's really not good.

you called it!!!!😂