IGNORED

Wolves (Away) Tuesday 12 January

markjazzbassist

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I feel genuinely ill looking at that line-up. I’m not sure we have any plan to leave our own half to be honest - it doesn’t even look like we’ll be looking to counter-attack because there is very little pace there.

Im getting drunk. It’s the only solution. 

5:30am here and I’m about to Irish up this coffee!

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

BBC is guessing at Siggy as CF with James and Iwobi either side in a 3-4-3 

Is this Carlo trying to tell the board we need to strengthen this month?

that's funny - BBC thinking who's playing where!!! Nuno probably the same.

Carlo obviously doesn't think Tosan is strong enough as a lone striker to win and hold the ball up. Fair do's in not just picking him as he's just the only recognised striker. 

Definitely a game of keeping it 0-0 as long as possible and maybe try and nick the win at the end. With both DCL and Richarlison not available and away to Wolves I would take nicking a win in the last quarter now.   

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

that's funny - BBC thinking who's playing where!!! Nuno probably the same.

Carlo obviously doesn't think Tosan is strong enough as a lone striker to win and hold the ball up. Fair do's in not just picking him as he's just the only recognised striker. 

Definitely a game of keeping it 0-0 as long as possible and maybe try and nick the win at the end. With both DCL and Richarlison not available and away to Wolves I would take nicking a win in the last quarter now.   

Richy on the bench

That line up scares me! 

I would guess at more of a 532 (Iwobi and James up front). The old false 9 thing doesn't really work if you don't have others stretching the pitch and we literally have no-one else doing that. 

If we are playing with wing backs then I have no idea why Holgate is one of them. It should be someone who can attack better than him. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m going to love watching us lump the ball upfront with no one  there. 

Well that’s normally what it’s like when Tosun is in the role so maybe Carlo has just loaded the midfield in preparation of it coming back...

At the end of the day, our best back up striker is also our starting winger. Never a great thing that incase both are out. 

We are going to keep it tight and try and Knick of goal to the end when Richarlison comes on. I do however expect this team to keep some possession and move the ball around.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That line up scares me! 

I would guess at more of a 532 (Iwobi and James up front). The old false 9 thing doesn't really work if you don't have others stretching the pitch and we literally have no-one else doing that. 

If we are playing with wing backs then I have no idea why Holgate is one of them. It should be someone who can attack better than him. 

That's why I see it as the flat back four who did so will in December -  Holgate wouldn't be used as a wing back. Iwobi or coleman would do that. 

We will soon find out!!

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

That's why I see it as the flat back four who did so will in December -  Holgate wouldn't be used as a wing back. Iwobi or coleman would do that. 

We will soon find out!!

Very possible but then you have the issue of Digne at left mid crossing to no-one. 

Its either a dodgy right wing back or a dodgy left winger!

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

carlo knows what he's doing.  also Wolves play that 3 at the back thing so maybe it's tactical to nullify their formation.  i'm not worried COYB let's kick their asses

It looks like they are playing 4 at the back. 

They have been mixing into a back 4 more this season and it looks it again today. They only have one recognised centre back though.

Edit: No they don't, I missed a player!