Wolves (Away) Tuesday 12 January

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great game from Davies 👏👏👏

I definitely did not see this result coming when the team was announced. That's an understatement tbh . However, it became clear quite quickly that it wasn't going to be the mauling I feared. And

In the process of injuring himself he'd probably take out James for the rest of the season. That's the level of weapon of mass destruction we're talking here.

Godfrey sucked inside there, two players at the back post totally unmarked and no surprise that Neves finds the back of the net - so frustrating as that's a poor goal to concede IMO. 

A lack of concentration is unacceptable, be aware of your surroundings ffs. Not to add blame, but when you watch it back Iwobi it marking grass, he's nowhere near where he should be. 

Doucoure not the best either, just gets beaten for pace. 

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Certainly not going to blame that on Tom, but his fuck-up with his feet resulted in the corner that led to the goal

Excellent positioning to be there. Play should have been dealt with. Doucoure poor no one at the back post. Very poor

Can see this ending about 4-4, both sides looking not that arsed about defending and just going for it like we're on the playground. Nice to see us get in behind with Iwobi, but then seconds later Wolves have us on the back foot - I'd drop Sigurdsson back into the midfield three, he's offering nothing up top and can absorb some of the damage on the counter. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Davies started well but he is getting worse quite quickly. He can't give the ball away in that position.

Pedro Neto is destroying us at the moment. We need to deal with him much better.

I think he was trying to get us on the break while being surrounded. He’s been good, held a great position and pressed well. One of his better games so far 

11 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think he was trying to get us on the break while being surrounded. He’s been good, held a great position and pressed well. One of his better games so far 

It just seems to me that whenever he is under any sort of pressure he gives it away, despite a simple pass being available. Just like he did there. 

I think its safe to say it has been a little better than expected. Not a lot has really happened but we have created two good chances and scored one. 

My feeling of the game is that it is there for Wolves. They have got into some decent positions around the edge of our box and they have found some space but haven't done anything with it and I expect they will at some stage.

That being said, Wolves aren't the same strong defensive team with four at the back and we have shown that we can get at them with the right ball (James) and run (Iwobi). Chuck Richarlison on later and it could get interesting.

Doucoure and Digne need a rocket at half time. Davies has been hit and miss for me. I start thinking he was doing something well and then he makes a basic error. He just needs to tighten up his play that little bit. 

2 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Iwobi, James, and Digne the standouts so far for me, but I don't think anyone is playing particularly bad. 

I'd throw Keane onto that list as well. Not at fault for the goal, and his willingness to ping a pass or take the ball into midfield is a way back into this one

3 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Great ball but who are we expecting to be there?  Open play headers not exactly a strength of this line-up...

Really only Doucoure is going to make the late run. Richarlison on uptop would add a real threat.