• Mason Holgate
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Tom Davies
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • James Rodríguez
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Luca Digne
    • André Gomes

Keane. Every header went close to the half way line, other than the one that tucked right in the back of the net.

Don't think anyone had a bad performance tonight. No one really stood out either, it wasn’t one of those matches. But we stuck to it and did a proper professional job.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Has anyone improved as much as Keane since Carlo came in? Unbelievable. 

Possibly Mina - the pair have ‘matured’ and just become so consistent. Godfrey and Holgate have a huge task to get in, in their preferred roles but both doing brilliantly too. A great problem to have!

I went with Godfrey as Neto (who I think is a brilliant player) didn’t get a look in all game. For what brilliance Digne did in attack, it was clear he’s not 100% and struggled defending but having Godfrey behind prevented that being an issue.

Iwobi was excellent as was James and Digne. Doucoure, once again showed great energy but the stand-out once again was our back 4. Looking at that line-up, I didn’t expect 3 points but there’s always a chance with Ancelotti’s tactical knowledge. A very satisfying win!

Good performance all round especially after we all looked in bewilderment at the team sheet!  We looked really good on the ball, Rodriguez looking really lively constantly looking to pick players out, with Iwobi and Digne really benefiting from his vision and left boot.  Our game has really missed that link up of Rodriguez knowing that Digne and Richarlison will be making runs down the left so it's great to have that option from Digne back.  The only thing missing was someone i the box most of the time for Digne to pick out.

Great defensively as well, the whole team contributing, Iwobi for example had the most tackles with 4 (successful) but Keane, Mina and Godfrey especially kept us strong.

Really good to see the way Carlo could make the team adapt to the situation and not look lost with a different set up against a tough side.

My pick for man of the match is Iwobi.  He was constantly looking to attack them, make runs into the box and working hard up and down the pitch.

Could have been any from Keane, Mina, Iwobi and James but think Keane just edged it. Solid defensively, never stopped talking/organising the back four, pinging accurate long range passes all over the park and then comes up with the winning goal

Mentions also for Digne, quality of his crosses is unreal and Tom Davies who I thought was decent without the ball ( not so good with it though )

6 hours ago, FairWooney said:

My pick for man of the match is Iwobi.  He was constantly looking to attack them, make runs into the box and working hard up and down the pitch.

I'll go with that as well, Keane had a great game but I think Iwobi had his best ever game for us and fully deserves my Motm.