IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup Home) Sunday 24th January

markjazzbassist

38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

sadly i don't have that option, so the TV suffices

Hopefully you can get across the pond when the world calms down mate! I must admit I'm a little bit like you in the sense that I'm a fan of the NBA (not as big as Everton of course) but can't seem to really follow it as much as I'd like due to the time difference - would love to attend a match one day.

• MikeO changed the title to Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup Home) Sunday 24th January

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Dominic-Calvert Lewin will be available for Sunday’s fourth-round FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday – but the Blues will be without Lucas Digne and Alex Iwobi for the Goodison Park clash (8pm GMT).

Niels Nkounkou will also miss the game, along with midfield trio Allan (hamstring), Fabian Delph (hamstring) and Jean Philippe Gbamin (Achilles).

Ancelotti added he expects Digne and Iwobi to be fit to return for Everton’s Premier League match against Leicester City on Wednesday.

I’m hoping Carlo and the players learnt their lesson after the Rotherham game and Carlo goes as strong as he possibly can and that those who are selected actually turn up this time

Call me old fashioned but I would love to see a successful Everton team again and by that I mean winning trophies not being also rans in the league

On 22/01/2021 at 14:28, AlbanyNYToffee said:

"The other players are in good condition and are ready to play this game and to compete. This competition is really important for us." Sounds like a man going full strength.

Olsen

Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey

Davies Doucoure Siggy

James DCL Richarlison

We'd be stupid to risk DC-L right before the Leicester game. Have him come on for the final 15 minutes, maybe.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We'd be stupid to risk DC-L right before the Leicester game. Have him come on for the final 15 minutes, maybe.

If he is fully fit and rested we would be stupid not to start him if we want to win the trophy, better to start him then take him off with 15 minutes to go if we are 3-0 up

On 22/01/2021 at 14:01, Bailey said:

Niels going on loan maybe?

I thought Gbamin was meant to be back by now or is he out again? I have completely lost track with him.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1983479/everton-boss-delivers-team-news-update

"With Jean-Philippe, he is following his individual programme, like Allan and Delph. I think soon he will be able to train with us. 

"But we don’t want to put pressure on him because he was out for a long time and when he comes back he has to be ready.

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m hoping Carlo and the players learnt their lesson after the Rotherham game and Carlo goes as strong as he possibly can and that those who are selected actually turn up this time

Call me old fashioned but I would love to see a successful Everton team again and by that I mean winning trophies not being also rans in the league

Thankfully, it seems Carlo agrees with you

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1983650/ancelotti-focusing-on-one-everton-objective

Like to see —

Olsen

Coleman   Mina   Keane   Godfrey

Doucouré   Holgate

James        Gomes       Richarlison

DCL

Doucouré (and Coleman and Godfrey at times) to push forward, Holgate to stay back.  With Iwobi out, James has to stay at RW.  For sort-of-10, Gomes seems better choice than Sigurdsson right now.  With 4 matches in next 11 days, some rotation will be necessary.  Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi will have opportunities in those matches.  Bernard, too, if he’s still around.

Hope 3 of front 4 can come off in second half.