IGNORED

Tariq Lamptey

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Why would we be wanting to buy a full back,  I think just lately it has been shown that Godfrey, Holgate, and Niels can be adequate cover for any of our full backs.  There are more important positions that need looking at before fullbacks. 

Right back is high on our list Bill.   If Coleman is injured then we don't have a decent right back,and Coleman is getting on. 

53 minutes ago, Bill said:
LAMP ON HIM 

Arsenal transfer blow as target Tariq Lamptey signs bumper new deal at Brighton after impressing since Chelsea exit

• 17 Jan 2021, 13:19
  • Updated: 17 Jan 2021, 13:26

TARIQ LAMPTEY has signed a bumper new deal at Brighton to ward off transfer interest from Arsenal.

The original post did state that he only signed a new contract in the summer but if anyone knows that means nothing it’s us Evertonians!

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

how is his defending?

His attacking is his main strength. To be honest I haven’t really noticed how good his actual defending is - what stands out is his pace and dribbling ability. Obviously, pace will be a good defensive attribute but I’d guess teams would target him aerially.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Only watched one Brighton match recently, against Soton. Commentators kept trying to big Lamptey up as he's flavour of the month but even they admitted it was Walker-Peters that stood out on the other flank. 

I am a big fan of Walker-Peters. He has a level of composure you rarely see in young players. 

With Lamptey, I think he largely plays as a wing back in an attacking team so the talents he is showing now (when he isnt injured) aren't necessarily ones he would be able to show the same way with us. I would like to see more of him.

Trouble with Lamptey is he is going to cost a premium now. Even though he has looked decent enough - he's not played a significant amount of games to show any sort of consistency at the top level, he is young and as others have eluded to - he is quite small. Time to have purchased Lamptey was 12 months ago when Chelsea sold him to BHA. Cheslea have Reese James, so Lamptey surplus to supply with them. 

We just need to be on the lookout for the next Lamptey or Reese James!!