IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Saturday 30 January

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

No Godfrey and Davies, Iwobi in the starting line up. 
I will turn over if this happens tomorrow.

Haha I'm as surprised as you are. I absolutely love Ben Godfrey - he might be my 2nd favorite player behind Seamus already and its been what 3 months? That said i think it's important Digne play LB in this game and because Godfrey has limited experience with us at CB I don't want him to replace Mina (yet). I also want James in the midfield 3 to control possession (Newcastle midfield is horrible) so in order to make that happen I wanted to go more defensive with Davies rather than Siggy/Gomes. Iwobi comes in on the right with James in CM. I never ever thought I'd put Iwobi in a lineup but to be fair to him he's been playing well lately. 

15 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Haha I'm as surprised as you are. I absolutely love Ben Godfrey - he might be my 2nd favorite player behind Seamus already and its been what 3 months? That said i think it's important Digne play LB in this game and because Godfrey has limited experience with us at CB I don't want him to replace Mina (yet). I also want James in the midfield 3 to control possession (Newcastle midfield is horrible) so in order to make that happen I wanted to go more defensive with Davies rather than Siggy/Gomes. Iwobi comes in on the right with James in CM. I never ever thought I'd put Iwobi in a lineup but to be fair to him he's been playing well lately. 

I think Godfrey needs more game time at CB. Better to do it against Newcastle rather  than a top 4 team.

I would drop Mina but that’s me.

Davies should only play when Dacoure, Gomes, Allan, Siggy are not available.

Even then I would be tempted to call on either Reid, Bracewell, Harper or Richardson for a game.

I think given Carlos’s comments about Pickford he will be starting.

Pickford

Godfrey   Mina     Keane   Digne 

Gomes        Doucoure 

Iwobi              James          Richarlison

DCL 

Big game here, expect 3 points but really want to see an assured performance.

On 23/01/2021 at 04:35, Romey 1878 said:

Didn't he go to break away with the ball and just run into their player giving them the ball back and then they scored? I think it was him. Someone fucked up, I know that.

It was my end where Newcastle got those goals and you could feel the devastation and shock all around you. I feel sick now, remembering it.

It was Schneiderlin as I recall.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I think given Carlos’s comments about Pickford he will be starting.

Pickford

Godfrey   Mina     Keane   Digne 

Gomes        Doucoure 

Iwobi              James          Richarlison

DCL 

Big game here, expect 3 points but really want to see an assured performance.

So he should be. I like the look of that line up we need to take this to them from the beginning, fast and furious don’t let them settle game could be over by half time they are fragile  

I think most of our top 14-15 player have been in reasonable form - so these is going to have to be a little rotation - Iwobi and Gylfi paying decent as well as Gomes - so a bit of a coin toss to be honest - 

Like most have said - We need to have attacking minded full back on against the likes of Newcastle - as great as Holgate and Godfrey have been it would be far too defensive to start them. They will both know it is purely a tactical change.

The bench I think pretty much confirms Bernard is leaving in the next day or two. I have nothing against Bernard, but unfortunately he is just too slight of stature for the Premier league. So think moving him on when we can get a few quid has to be the right move for everybody. 

They are giving us tons of space in midfield and at the back, hopefully we take full advantage as anything other than a convincing home win here would dissapoint me. 

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Early yellow for Lascelles. Good work there from Richy

Yeah made up with that, top stuff from Charlie to knock it past him and draw the foul - Newcastle with 10 men is much more appealing!