IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Saturday 30 January

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Btay said:

We’ve got the better quality but we can’t play because Newcastle’s tactics are pretty clear. Ref needs to grow a pair and offer some protecting for our playmakers. If I was paying for a ticket I’d be furious watching this

We have plenty of opportunity to play. I don't think there is anything wrong with Newcastle's tactics. I think they are spot on.

We just need to up our intensity. We are slow and lethargic and Siggy is the biggest culprit. Dom needs to get himself on the ball more, and all we need to do is build some pressure in their half because they will crumble. We should be penning Newcastle in, moving the ball sharply from flank to flank waiting for the chance. Instead I don't know what we are doing because it looks more hit and hope. 

Trust Newcastle to up their game this weekend. They have payed with much more confidence than I expected. So a bit of credit to them. 

Gomes on for gylfi is a good shout, with him on a yellow and there being a bit of niggle in the game. That ones an easy decision of Carlo.

We defintely need to up the intencity second half as we should be the fresher team. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Richarlison that’s so fuckin wasteful I’m getting pissed off with him lately he thinks it’s all about him, he’s becoming a fuckin prick in my eyes. 

Exactly what we don't need to do. We need to start building some pressure, not wasting it on long range shots on a weaker foot. 

Got the same feel to it as the game at St James'. We'll lose this if we don't step it up in the second half.

Iwobi looks rusty as fuck. Richarlison is in horrendous form. Gylfi is doing nothing. Barely noticed Coleman. DCL is completely and utterly isolated. James is getting kicked all over the place and can't really do it all on his own anyway. We have zero tempo.

Our plan looks to be to either get Keane to launch the ball up the field or get the ball to Digne and hope someone gets on the end of his cross. But DCL often isn't even in the box because he's having to come deep.

Maybe we'll change it from the bench with all those options we've got? We definitely do not need to bring anyone in before the window closes. Not. At. All.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Exactly what we don't need to do. We need to start building some pressure, not wasting it on long range shots on a weaker foot. 

Exactly he had 2 good options but no he decides too go for glory for himself and fuck the team, if he was on his own then fine go for the 1 in 100 shot but he wasn’t, like I said fuckin prick.