IGNORED

Danny Ings

He’s an absolute menace - I’d have him here in a heart beat on ability alone... but, as said, age + cost + injury record would all be factors. If we did sign him, he’d definitely improve us.

I just think this has got Leicester written all over it. He’s the perfect replacement for Vardy and can play as a strike partnership.

It probably won't happen, but City should take him and bin off Jesus. Ings is more than good enough for a Champions League side he just hasn't got the great injury record to back it up, if someone is happy with him as the 2nd striker then he's a great option - Leicester would be another team that I can see him playing for with Vardy coming to the end of his career. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Liverpool either, he was loved by Klopp and was only sold because he couldn't stay fit. 

As you'd gather from the above I'd snap your hand off for him, but it won't happen.

I think people are making too much of his injury record , since he left The Shite he has been pretty much injury free apart from a hamstring problem 2 years ago

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ings/verletzungen/spieler/134294

I also don’t think his price would be as much as people seem to think given he will be into the last 12 months of his contract come the summer

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think people are making too much of his injury record , since he left The Shite he has been pretty much injury free apart from a hamstring problem 2 years ago

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ings/verletzungen/spieler/134294

I also don’t think his price would be as much as people seem to think given he will be into the last 12 months of his contract come the summer

I was thinking the same. He’s played almost every game for Southampton since he’s gone there. Maybe he’s over the injuries he had earlier on. 

Id have him in a heartbeat, at 28 he’s in his prime, scored 36 goals in 75 league games for Southampton. He’d be a great option to have. The chance to play him and DCL together could be really interesting, can’t see many defenders fancying it. 

That said, I just don’t see us signing him.  

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Have you watched him since he moved to Southampton? Scores a goal every other game in the premier league. 

Yes watched the cup match yesterday most recently.  He scores yes.  I just don’t want ex reds and people who have spent a years of their life injured. James McCarthy has scarred me.  And yes I know we used to employ lots of ex reds back in the day.  Still don’t care, it’s my opinion and I don’t want him

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yes watched the cup match yesterday most recently.  He scores yes.  I just don’t want ex reds and people who have spent a years of their life injured. James McCarthy has scarred me.  And yes I know we used to employ lots of ex reds back in the day.  Still don’t care, it’s my opinion and I don’t want him

what about James Rodriguez?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don't understand this whole "don't want an ex-red" thing, particularly when it comes to players who did fuck all in a red shirt. Sure, I don't ever want to see us sign a Suarez, a Henderson, a Robertson, etc. Someone who actually played for the side. Ings made 14 appearances for them. He's barely a red. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

No. Does he have a history of injuries at one of the biggest clubs in the world? 

James injuries are nothing on Ings.  I think ings spent a whole year out the sport.  Before we signed James someone went through his injury record and it’s really not bad at all, just kinda a myth about him.  Everyone misses a little time here and there.

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

James injuries are nothing on Ings.  I think ings spent a whole year out the sport.  Before we signed James someone went through his injury record and it’s really not bad at all, just kinda a myth about him.  Everyone misses a little time here and there.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-rodriguez/verletzungen/spieler/88103

2 pages worth of injuries. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/danny-ings/verletzungen/spieler/134294u

2 big injuries. 

not saying it’s not a risk but risk be reward, he’s worth gambling on

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Even if he was @Matt there’s no way he’s coming here to sit on the bench.  He’s starting every match for soton, why leave that?

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He is a far better striker than DCL in my opinion and he would probably be the starter. 

A lot of people look at his goal record and think that is all he is (a goal scorer) but he has great feet, he works his arse off and he reads the game very well. 

This. 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I don't understand this whole "don't want an ex-red" thing, particularly when it comes to players who did fuck all in a red shirt. Sure, I don't ever want to see us sign a Suarez, a Henderson, a Robertson, etc. Someone who actually played for the side. Ings made 14 appearances for them. He's barely a red. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat

He's a proper kopite, supports them and has the deluded nobhead attitude that they seem to breed.

That said he knows where the back of the net is. Don't know if he'd be the right fit in the dressing room but on the pitch he's good enough.

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's a proper kopite, supports them and has the deluded nobhead attitude that they seem to breed.

That said he knows where the back of the net is. Don't know if he'd be the right fit in the dressing room but on the pitch he's good enough.

Oh I had forgotten he was a kopite. Fuck right off then.

I do stand by what I said about players who barely featured for them and have no real affinity towards the club. If they're good enough, I want them

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I thought that too but I couldn’t find anything to support it. He was a boyhood Saints fan be and I’ve not seen the blind arrogance in him personally (not that I’ve paid him much attention)

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

He is a far better striker than DCL in my opinion and he would probably be the starter. 

A lot of people look at his goal record and think that is all he is (a goal scorer) but he has great feet, he works his arse off and he reads the game very well. 

I would say he is the perfect compliment for DCL. Different type of striker.

He is that hard pressing, hard working nuisance that we don’t have at the moment. Imagine him running his arse off and DCL picking up the pieces. I would love to see him here.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Same was true of McCarthy - very few injuries before he signed for Everton. I don't understand your opinion of McCarthy. He was injured because (i) he was rushed back and (ii) he gave 110% when others appeared not to give a toss.