IGNORED

Spurs (FA Cup Home) Wednesday 10 February

markjazzbassist

Spurs are a tough side, Kane is injured but may be back for this one.  They are 3 points below us in the league and Mou is coming under fire in the press.  We can hope it's a perfect storm with the london derby before this.  We have to play our best team and go for it.  We beat them earlier in the campaign and let's hope we can do the same here.  

Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucoure

Gomes Gylfi

James         DCL     Richarlison

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Spurs are a tough side if you think we are going to beat them by superior ability go with James, but if you think it will take more of battling performance then James shouldn’t be included. 

On the evidence of tonight they're dreadful, only won three in twelve league games apparently (read that, haven't checked it).

In my opinion, this is how badly they have been playing most of the season but Son and Kane have been pulling rabbits out of hats to keep them relevant in the league. 

I looked at the stats in the build up to the Brighton game and they were almost identical for both sides in xG and xGa. The difference between the two is that Brighton have been missing sitters and Spurs have been scoring worldies. It all comes around eventually.

With how badly they have been playing, I'm hoping that they see this as nothing more than an inconvenience. Mourinho will be fully focussed on getting their league form on par so that they can hit the Top 4, as I think without it he could be relieved of his duties. It's one thing playing negative football but it's another to do it and not be successful - plus Levy is known for being incredibly ruthless (almost an Abramovich 2.0).

On 04/02/2021 at 21:41, markjazzbassist said:

no kane and they look like shit.  1 shot on target?  FFS  they have west brom this weekend, hoping sam is able to beat them

Wouldn't put it past West Brom to beat them, Sam will park the bus and with Tottenham totally out of ideas at the moment I can't see them breaking through. Like the Liverpool fixture, it only takes one chance to score and if they take it... 

Would be great news for us as it would be (I believe) 4 straight defeats in a row for José.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

We’re in the mix in the league but a guaranteed spot is too good to pass up.  Full strength.

Olsen

coleman Mina Godfrey digne

Davies

Doucoure gomes

James           DCL        Richarlison

Keep it tight at the back here and Knick a goal at the other end.

Dont think Jose will go guns blaring for this one. 

Do you go with the same starting eleven as the Utd game in the belief the players will show consistency, then if I was Mourinho is that what I would want, he must be thinking about how to exploit our weaknesses on the right, for that reason I would change Holgate for a fit Coleman his experience for this game will be invaluable. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We’re in the mix in the league but a guaranteed spot is too good to pass up.  Full strength.

Olsen

coleman Mina Godfrey digne

Davies

Doucoure gomes

James           DCL        Richarlison

Can't see James playing this one after coming off with a tight calf. Ancelotti will probably save him for the league.

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Jose will go full guns for the FA Cup as its their only realistic chance of silverware. He was brought in to win trophies so will focus on the cup. 

They are poor, but dangerous. We have to be ruthless to beat them. 

Not so sure about that to be honest , seeing as though they are in the final of the League Cup and have qualified for the group stages of the Europa League

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not so sure about that to be honest , seeing as though they are in the final of the League Cup and have qualified for the group stages of the Europa League

I don't think they can win the Europa League, and the League Cup final is against City. But you are right they are a game away from the League Cup. I still think he will prioritise the FA Cup as well.

Yeah, Jose's going to go all out for this. Winning trophies is what he judges himself by and they haven't a hope of winning the premier league, in fact they almost certainly won't make top 4. Spurs haven't won the FA Cup in 30 years and winning it will keep him in the fans' good graces after fucking up their league campaign. Expect a full-strength team from them. 

Spurs are defiantly a different team with Kane playing - so shame he was back at the weekend. 

I also think Spur will be full strength as will want to take every opportunity to get a trophy. So don't see any weakened team being put out. 

Spurs are not Man City or Utd - so don't think we should be overly 'shy' playing them, but I also think it has suited us being underdogs in games this season - we seem to be doing better against teams who dominate possession against us and we counter. This seems to be the way in a lot of Premiership games - lots of teams winning but without dominating the ball.  The problem with Spur's is they also like to counter attack, and have the players to do it. This season home advantage doesn't exist. 

It will be a tough game, but a winnable game - the impartial bookies have the game on a knife edge with nothing between the teams. 

Pickford

Godfrey    Mina    Keane     Digne

Doucoure       Gomes   

James          Gylfi          Richarlison

DCL

Nice to have a bit of a selection headache - as I want all three Mina, Keane and Godfrey in the side (but also think Coleman would do a good job). Only reason for putting Godfrey at right back rather than CB is that he would be far better there than either Mina or Keane.

Davies doesn't deserve to be dropped after his best performance in a long while but I also really want Gomes and Gylfi to start as they have both been playing well. I would also like Iwobi to play as I don't want to see his good recent form drop away either.  If fact I would be happy with most line ups at the moment -  What the fucks happening to this team!!!! 

Davies has to play for me. Really want him to keep his run of form going. Iwobi for James as I think he might have a slight injury.

442, simple football but get at them

Coleman for Holgate. Mina to CB 

GK

Coleman  Mina  Keane  Godfrey

Iwobi    Davies   Doucoure  Digne 

DCL          Richarlison

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Davies has to play for me. Really want him to keep his run of form going. Iwobi for James as I think he might have a slight injury.

442, simple football but get at them

Coleman for Holgate. Mina to CB 

GK

Coleman  Mina  Keane  Godfrey

Iwobi    Davies   Doucoure  Digne 

DCL          Richarlison

Who’s GK Gary Kemp😉

We have to play the best team we can, this is no time to swap and change players or positions.

Why play Digne and Godfrey both out of position, Digne is the best full back we have and Godfrey although he is very versatile is right footed.   Gomes and James must play if fit so its a case of playing Coleman or Godfrey at RB.  Must play the best eleven at this stage of the competition if we want to get through.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

James and Pickford will have late fitness tests. I’d be surprised if either one play. 

One of the good things it we have not become overly reliant on James in the team - He definitely does  bring a quality to the play and does add goals and creates big chances. However, other players are also stepping up with an improvement in their quality (Davies against Man U - prime example) - maybe just one of the effects of having James at the club - others simply raise their game, buy training and playing with a player of his quality.

I do love seeing him on the pitch though!! as he does things that just put a massive grin on your face :) 

then rest James for Fulham have him ready to score 1 and assist 1.  no allan, hopefully he's ready for fulham too.

Olsen

Godfrey Mina Keane Digne

Davies

Doucoure Gomes

Iwobi        DCL      Richarlison