IGNORED

Spurs (FA Cup Home) Wednesday 10 February

markjazzbassist

20 hours ago, Btay said:

1v1 he’s not great. Man City fullbacks aren’t asked to defend the same way ours are. They are pretty much wingers. Can’t compare.

City full backs play more like central midfielders.

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Sad that you're asking for stats. If you're watching him you can see he's let his man go, too rash, caught up field or gave a silly free kick away. If you've got access to them stats I'll happily analyse them. If you can't provide them stats go rewatch the Rotherham game, league one right back had him in knots.

But any how here's a little team stat for yer; we concede twice as many with him in the team than without.

8 games missed. 6 goals conceded. 0.75 goals conceded per game.

15 games played. 22 goals conceded. 1.47 goals conceded per game.

As for city wanting him. They didn't buy Walker for his defensive abilities.

Digne is one of the best left backs in the league but that's more down to the modern game allowing for his strengths going forward to outweigh his average defending.

He isnt a bad defender, he just has lapses. It's a damn site harder doing your defending as an attacking fullback than it is as a defensive defender doing your defending. As an attacking fullback, especially one which is expected to get forward as much as Digne is almost always means he is out of position when an attack breaks down, whereas someone like Godfrey will be exactly where he should be. We play a completely different way when we have Godfrey and Holgate at the back so the stats aren't surprising at all.

Also I'm not sure City bought Walker for his attacking play either. He is terrible in attacking positions. If he wasn't rapid and strong, he wouldn't be playing for them. It makes him an excellent 1 v 1 defender against a counter attack, the exact phase of play they struggled in for Pep's first season.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think this is going to a bit of a boring game. I feel it will be cagey and both sides will be hoping to knick something late. An early goal might be a God send in this game.

With that bench I don't like our chances in extra time and with Lloris in net I don't like our chances in pens. If it takes Spurs scoring early for us to come out and play a more open game I'm in. I love Carlo but I can't watch he and Mourinho play the 'knick a goal' game. 

2 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

With that bench I don't like our chances in extra time and with Lloris in net I don't like our chances in pens. If it takes Spurs scoring early for us to come out and play a more open game I'm in. I love Carlo but I can't watch he and Mourinho play the 'knick a goal' game. 

Er, I’d much rather we got the early goal thanks!

aaaaaand there we go, 0-1. 

Edit: I'm not part of the anti-Gylfi brigade but what the fuck is he doing there? Doesn't even leave the ground instead opting to tickle the lads back on the way up. What the actual shite was that?! Embarrassing.

I can never understand teams that don't have defenders on either post too, if anyone's marking the post that's an easy ball to clear away.

13 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

You got your wish! 😂

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What the fuck was Dom doing there? He's hunching over!

It's like he had a call from behind. It's his ball as Siggy is in the space behind him.

Siggy should still be putting more pressure on Sanchez, though he never had a chance of winning the header.