IGNORED

Fulham (Home) Sunday 14 February

markjazzbassist

gotta be 3 points against this side and at home.  they are not a good side, have a go and play with intensity and control the ball and stop the sit and counter.  

Olsen

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan

Doucoure Gomes

James           DCL     Richarlison

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

gotta be 3 points against this side and at home.  they are not a good side, have a go and play with intensity and control the ball and stop the sit and counter.  

Olsen

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan

Doucoure Gomes

James           DCL     Richarlison

I hope Pickford would be back for this, and I wouldn't be against Godfrey playing RB after Coleman's last showing.

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This won’t be as easy as some think Fulham can play, there position in the league doesn’t do there game play justice. We need to be at it with the right attitude or another embarrassing defeat could be on the cards. 

I agree. Parker has built a decent team from a bunch of average players. This will not be an easy game.

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This won’t be as easy as some think Fulham can play, there position in the league doesn’t do there game play justice. We need to be at it with the right attitude or another embarrassing defeat could be on the cards. 

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I agree. Parker has built a decent team from a bunch of average players. This will not be an easy game.

Agree with you both, I said at the start of the season that there would only be one relegation place up for grabs as both Fulham and West Brom were way out of their depth. For them to be even in contention to stay up is a massive credit to Parker and the work he's done. 

That said, Fulham are still a team we should expect to beat. I've headed into the last two games (Leeds and Manchester United) expecting nothing and seeing us take points so am a little nervous expecting us to take three again...

Edit: Think we were lucky to win last time we played them too, they really should have taken something from that fixture.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's right footed. Left back is completely alien to him, which is why his performances there have been so impressive.

wow!  i thought he was left footed lol.  well yeah play him at RB then, keep digne in

38 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

yeah i like parker too, he's done well.  i hope they can stay up.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

His first appearance for us was at right back against the shite. 

i can't remember the matches like you all do.  i can't even remember what happened in the last one.  i just know he's played LB a ton and LCB last match so i thought he was left footed.  glad to be wrong, would love to see him at RB as Seamus is finished and holgate has been crap.

To be honest after the Newcastle game - this is the first one where we would expect to go in as favourites.  Leeds away was always going to be a battle and playing Man U speaks for itself, a next game a cup tie against Spur so should have been no problem in motivating themselves for spirited and hard working performances. 

Fulham is the first 'expected to win' game since Newcastle, so it will be interesting to see what team turns up - may feeling is that what happened at Newcastle will have been drummed in to the plays in the lead up to Fulham - No room for any 'lazy' going though the motion performances in my eyes.  If the players go in the game with the required fire in their belly to get a results - we win the game (bar it being one of those freak games!), half arsed performances and we get beat again.

Looking at general results this season - not putting in the work against so call 'weaker' has been the one major disappointment. This has to change, and any player not putting what is needed in these games has to know their place in the starting line up will go to somebody else. Now we are seeing better form across the whole squad dropping players for poor work rates is now viable - no room for any 'lazy' play. This is what will now make the difference between a top 6 finish or not. Consistently beating the Newcastle and Fulham's. 

I will ponder on a team selection once the Spurs game is out of the way. 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

To be honest after the Newcastle game - this is the first one where we would expect to go in as favourites.  Leeds away was always going to be a battle and playing Man U speaks for itself, a next game a cup tie against Spur so should have been no problem in motivating themselves for spirited and hard working performances. 

Fulham is the first 'expected to win' game since Newcastle, so it will be interesting to see what team turns up - may feeling is that what happened at Newcastle will have been drummed in to the plays in the lead up to Fulham - No room for any 'lazy' going though the motion performances in my eyes.  If the players go in the game with the required fire in their belly to get a results - we win the game (bar it being one of those freak games!), half arsed performances and we get beat again.

Looking at general results this season - not putting in the work against so call 'weaker' has been the one major disappointment. This has to change, and any player not putting what is needed in these games has to know their place in the starting line up will go to somebody else. Now we are seeing better form across the whole squad dropping players for poor work rates is now viable - no room for any 'lazy' play. This is what will now make the difference between a top 6 finish or not. Consistently beating the Newcastle and Fulham's. 

I will ponder on a team selection once the Spurs game is out of the way. 

I would also add to that if it’s 0-0 at half time Ancelotti makes changes for the 2nd half immediately to shake it up, instead of leaving it to late, I’d hate to think they score in 60-70th minute and we end up chasing it like we did against Newcastle. 

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would also add to that if it’s 0-0 at half time Ancelotti makes changes for the 2nd half immediately to shake it up, instead of leaving it to late, I’d hate to think they score in 60-70th minute and we end up chasing it like we did against Newcastle. 

I would be more inclined to want to see changes based on performance as opposed to the score. Would like to think we can dominate them and be creating plenty of decent chances whilst keeping their chances to a minimum. I think like Ancelotti is trying to drum in to them is if you work as hard or harder than the opposition then your quality will take care of its self - and we had better quality than Fulham.

Few injuries stacking up here. Will be some tired legs after the Spurs game going into extra time. Hopefully we can re discover our defensive structure. Richarlison looks to have found his goal scoring form so hopefully he keeps it going.

Gomes or Allan to be available will be a huge boost

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

DCL and digne injured it’s gonna be cagey I think.  

Duncan confirmed that DCL came off with a hamstring twinge and that he'll have a scan today, hopefully it's nothing too serious and he can just rest this week and then play against Fulham - would be a big miss IMO. 

Allan and Gomes back in the team would be massive too, especially with the tired legs we will surely have after extra time yesterday. 

56 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Duncan confirmed that DCL came off with a hamstring twinge and that he'll have a scan today, hopefully it's nothing too serious and he can just rest this week and then play against Fulham - would be a big miss IMO. 

Allan and Gomes back in the team would be massive too, especially with the tired legs we will surely have after extra time yesterday. 

It’s only 4 days from the Spurs game to Fulham isn’t it? Can’t see DCL playing over the weekend, even if it’s a minor tweak.

Think theres some very tired legs in hthe squad after last night's antics, injuries / knocks too. Maybe the following is enough rotation with strong enough foe Fulham at home:

Olsen

Coleman  Holgate Keane  Nkunkou

James    Gomes   Doucoure   Bernard

Gylfi

King

Gylfi and Doucoure play yet again though buy see no option to avoid this - unless Besic or a youngster steps in. Digne, Godfrey, Mina, Davies, Richy get rests. Could put Iwobi in, instead of Gylfi. James, Bernard, Gylfi/Iwobi, King more of a fluid front 4.

Agree on tired legs although I actually worry more about City - there is still likely to be some adrenaline to wear off against Fulham that could help some through the match. I hope to see:

Olsen

Coleman Holgate Keane Godfrey

Doucoure Davies Gomes

James King Bernard

Gomes in that CAM role (prefer the 4-3-3 listing to 4-2-3-1, they're basically identical). Much rather see Bernard than Iwobi. If it's not working make the switch at halftime. Coleman, Holgate, Gomes, James, King should be pretty fresh. The only thing I know is if I see Delph in the XI i'll be f***ing fuming. 

Hopefully we get at least Allan back for City, and DCL/Digne would be fantastic. 

Lots of tired legs but a massive win, I don't think we can over-emphasise how important that win was, I believe this will be a springboard for this team, not only for this season, but going forward. You can see that in the celebrations in the dressing room. This meant everything to the team.

I think allot of that team will put their hand up to play, they are young, they are super fit and they want this. That being said I would be asking for a DNA test on Doucoure and Davies to check they are human after playing both Utd and Spurs and then being fit for Fulham. The question is will Allan be fit to play with Gomes. If not then one of Davies or Doucoure will have to start.

I think Ritchy will start as striker, he wants to play upfront and now he is back in the goals and playing like the player we know he is, he will want to keep that momentum. Hopefully James is fit to go, and Iwobi didn't play 90 minutes, and King is fresh.

Pickford

Coleman        Mina      Keane   Dinge

Alan      Gomes

Iwobi                James             King

Ritchy.

is King more centre forward of left wing?

If he's  more of a centre forward i'd play him there seeing as we know Richarlison does a good job on the left.

I'd want to see whoever is on the left out of those 2 joining the other in the box though at times.

Digne not mentioned as an injury so looks fine to play, if he's got a niggle i'd give him a rest but if not then I agree with your back 4, Coleman gives us a great attacking outlet that is well worth having in a game like Fulham.