IGNORED

Fulham (Home) Sunday 14 February

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Maybe on the bench, but given he was not in the squad for the Spurs game I hope he is not involved today. We do have Davies, Gomes, Doucoure available.....

I hope he is involved today, preferably in a fairly minor RTA. Not wishing him serious injury, maybe just a dislocated toe so he can't be involved tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Top 4 is there for the taking the way results are going. Blues stay strong together #weareeverton.

That’s exactly what worries me the most! Fulham have never left Goodison with so much as a single point in the Premiership era and we can do ourselves a massive favour by winning , what could possibly go wrong ? 😧

25 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Missing for 2/3 of this season and almost half of last, provides some comfort apart from paying his wages, He adds absolutely nothing positive to us IMO. 

I still can't get my head around his signing. It has gone exactly as it was always going to - barely on the pitch at all and when he is he's crap.

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Wba just held United to a draw. Too often when results go our way we don't take advantage. Hoping we wallop these today.

Win our games in hand we're joint second so the season is totally in our own hands, six points (I'd settle for 3/4) from City and Liverpool and even the media might notice us.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Win our games in hand we're joint second so the season is totally in our own hands, six points (I'd settle for 3/4) from City and Liverpool and even the media might notice us.

I'm really hoping that the lack of crowd allows us to break the Anfield hoodoo, hopefully their freefall continues for a little while yet and we manage to take the three points. Would be a massive win if so, arguably the biggest three points mentally of our entire campaign. 

I wouldn't bet on us getting anything against City, they're head and shoulders above everyone else. Would arguably rest some players so that they're fresh for the Derby as negative as that sounds.

19 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

I hope King is a straight swap for DCL.

Be nice if we go out and dominate the play today, none of this sitting back and using the counter attack. I do not want a repeat of Newcastle, W.Ham or Leeds.

King brace today if up top!

I read yesterday that we’ve not scored a single counter attack goal in the league this season, so I’m not sure why we play that way so often. We’re too slow. 

All I want to see is the players going about the game in the right way - from the first minute to the last. If we work as hard (or harder) than Fulham then we have the quality to win, and win well. 

Based on some of the previous games this season - it sounds like most of us are afraid of what our performance might be rather than any fear of Fulham as a team. I am hoping that after what happened in the Newcastle game - this is the game in which we all want to see the reaction required. It should not have been that difficult for the players to roll there sleeves for Leeds away the immediate on the back of the Newcastle display and then against Man U, nor would it have been to hard to be psyched up to play Spurs in a FA cup tie.  I just want to see the same energy levels and enthusiasm for the second balls in this type of game.  A team we should be looking to dominate. 

I am hopeful that the players will deliver the performance we are all wanting to see.