IGNORED

Fulham (Home) Sunday 14 February

markjazzbassist

Perhaps Sigurdsson is playing as the false nine similar to how we lined up against Wolverhampton, unless Richie of course has been moved from the wing up top? I think considering how poor Fulham are (though they have improved) the main emphasis will be on giving James as much space as possible as you'd like to think that he could single handily run a game like this. If he can provide good service to the others around him then we should be set for an entertaining and positive game. 

Pickford's injury seems to be a nasty one, upon first hearing I assumed it was just a niggle but this is the third game that he's missed now? Seems as though it's a nasty one given that he's once again not even in the squad, though expect Olsen to have a quiet game if we play how we're capable of doing. The dream would be to cruise into a position where we can bring on the likes of King and Onyango to bed them into the team rather than making substitutions to drag us over the line. 

It's funny, I've been heading into the last couple of games with no expectation and have been pleasantly surprised with how we've played whereas now we're going into a game that we should win well and I feel sick as a parrot. Allan back (even if just for the bench) is a massive bonus. 

Just now, milesey05 said:

No pace what so ever behind Richy!!

Not impressed really.

You’re not wrong about the pace but Carlo has been masterful at rotating players and finding a formation that gets results. Can’t remember us getting more points against top teams while not playing great. I think he’s earned some trust. 4-4-2 maybe? With Coleman and Digne given license to get forward at will?

7 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

You’re not wrong about the pace but Carlo has been masterful at rotating players and finding a formation that gets results. Can’t remember us getting more points against top teams while not playing great. I think he’s earned some trust. 4-4-2 maybe? With Coleman and Digne given license to get forward at will?

Agree Carlo has earned some trust.. not use to us having a manger with so much quality. I’m still adjusting 😉

3 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Agree Carlo has earned some trust.. not use to us having a manger with so much quality. I’m still adjusting 😉

What distinguishes him from some other managers, even most top managers, is his flexibility. While I’m sure he has preferences, he is very willing to change our formation and personnel to fit that particular opponent. Must be tricky to prepare for. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not sure how this will line up. Will it be a variation on a 442, with James off the front and a diamond behind? Will it be 433 with James and Siggy playing as 10's? 

Will it be something else entirely? 

Now that I give it some more thought I think a 4-3-3 makes the most sense with Coleman/Digne pushing forward in attack. 

*4-3-2-1 I guess. Though not an important distinction 

35 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

No pace what so ever behind Richy!!

Not impressed really.

Doucoure is no slouch.

Looks like King is still getting up to PL match fitness, hope we come out of the blocks with the pace and intensity to get a couple of quick goals and settle the game down, get the game sorted and give Allen and King a run out ahead of Citeh.