IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Saturday 20 February

markjazzbassist

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

It’s here, derby day.  Hoping for a miracle win here or draw, just don’t want another loss.  

Pickford

Godfrey Mina keane digne

Allan

Doucoure  gomes

james          DCL    Richarlison

Think this'll likely be the XI with the exception of Mina. Carlo said he's doubtful for Saturday. I am hoping for a Godfrey/Keane partnership but have a sinking feeling it'll be Holgate/Keane with Godfrey at RB like you had it

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Best chance we're going to get to break the hoodoo considering their in poor form, have to play in the Champions League just before it and don't have any fans in the ground, not to mention that their best player is out injured and their goalkeeper is in bizarre form.

They'll have had a day extra rest than us, so I don't know why the CL game comes into your thinking really.

We went to pieces against their kids in the cup there last season. It's a mental thing as much as anything for us and until we shift out a few and get more players in who have a better mentality it'll continue to be the case.

Plus, I'm really struggling at times to see what Carlo's game plan is, what sort of style he wants us to have. It's all very mish mash at the minute.

Pickford

Coleman  Keane  Godfrey    Digne

Doucoure   Allan    Davies

DCL          James         Richarlison

I think a similar set up as we had against Utd. Their full backs like to attack, so on any counter get at them in the space they leave on the flanks, and pull centre halves out of position.

One thing I was please to see with when we played city was on a rear attacks we actually did it in numbers. Same again please. 

I have a feeling it will be 3 at the back...

Holgate Keane Godfrey

Coleman                                  Digne

Doucoure Allan

James                                Gylfi    

Richarlison 

Dream: James thunderbolt from 25 yards in stoppage time to cap 4-3 win, first win at Anfield since 1999.

Reality: Lose 2-0 and DCL and Allan do their hamstrings and have to be subbed off first half. 

One day, one fucking day, the top of the mountain is going to feel so good. I just hope to still be alive when it happens. COYB.

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Dream: James thunderbolt from 25 yards in stoppage time to cap 4-3 win, first win at Anfield since 1999.

Reality: Lose 2-0 and DCL and Allan do their hamstrings and have to be subbed off first half. 

One day, one fucking day, the top of the mountain is going to feel so good. I just hope to still be alive when it happens. COYB.

my dream is beating them 20-0 and relegating them in the same match.  take them to the sword

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I have a feeling it will be 3 at the back...

Holgate Keane Godfrey

Coleman                                  Digne

Doucoure Allan

James                                Gylfi    

Richarlison 

I agree it’s probably this I just hope for Dom in for Gylfi and Richarlison out wide 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/feb/19/liverpool-everton-merseyside-derby-rivals-rematch

Look at the pictures used. They're definitely not trying to stoke any flames.

The worst part is that’s it’s been set up that If a liverpool player makes a truly horrible challenge that breaks one of our players legs, justice will have been served.

Absolutely pathetic from the media and liverpool. I remember when Eduardo got his leg broken in a horrible tackle and there was nothing near to this level for that. 

Woke at 4AM here in the states, first thing I thought of was this match. Would love at the very least a draw but who knows. Going to need to be disciplined and not get sucked in to any nonsense. I worry about a guys like Richarlison and Holgate who seem like their emotions can get the better of them and could get a red card.. Come on you Blues

4 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

Woke at 4AM here in the states, first thing I thought of was this match. Would love at the very least a draw but who knows. Going to need to be disciplined and not get sucked in to any nonsense. I worry about a guys like Richarlison and Holgate who seem like their emotions can get the better of them and could get a red card.. Come on you Blues

I also think this game could be a bit spicy - It wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool put some big hits in and maybe look for a bit Van Dyke retribution. Been plenty of unnecessary talk in the media about the Pickford tackle again .  Our players need to be professional and not get sucked in to any of this rubbish. Ref needs to be on the look out any sly Liverpool digs and nip it in the bud.