IGNORED

Lucas Vazquez

https://sportslens.com/everton-fans-react-to-lucas-vazquez-transfer-link/336258/

https://tbrfootball.com/report-leeds-and-everton-ready-to-table-offers-for-soon-to-be-free-agent-at-real-madrid/

Free transfer - good going forward and can defend just as well. Would definitely improve our squad if we had European football next season. Although no spring chicken, currently in his prime and three years younger than Coleman. around £80K a week is not unreasonable for player who turns out for Real Madrid, and comes with no transfer fee. 

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://sportslens.com/everton-fans-react-to-lucas-vazquez-transfer-link/336258/

https://tbrfootball.com/report-leeds-and-everton-ready-to-table-offers-for-soon-to-be-free-agent-at-real-madrid/

Free transfer - good going forward and can defend just as well. Would definitely improve our squad if we had European football next season. Although no spring chicken, currently in his prime and three years younger than Coleman. around £80K a week is not unreasonable for player who turns out for Real Madrid, and comes with no transfer fee. 

Would rather invest in a long-term replacement and have Coleman in the bench role next season.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Surely we’ve got to be at looking younger? Unless we’re getting shut of Coleman, which seems highly unlikely. 

Maybe pushing Coleman to back up and acting as a stop gap for 3-4 years? Would address the need for a RB mid-term and allow money to be spent elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Maybe pushing Coleman to back up and acting as a stop gap for 3-4 years? Would address the need for a RB mid-term and allow money to be spent elsewhere. 

This is an important position that needs sorting this summer properly, not put off for a later time.

I'm not liking the ages of some of the players we're being linked with at all.  It'd be better to just go younger here and have Coleman as the back up.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is an important position that needs sorting this summer properly, not put off for a later time.

I'm not liking the ages of some of the players we're being linked with at all.  It'd be better to just go younger here and have Coleman as the back up.

I agree, but if this guys is the starter for 3-4 years then that’s addressing the position as much as buying a kid who might then get sold on. If he was 33 I’d get the concern. But this is a someone who knows the manager, trained with James and is eager to come, I’d be happy. I mean, it’s not my dream scenario but it’s a good compromise depending where else we invest. 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree, but if this guys is the starter for 3-4 years then that’s addressing the position as much as buying a kid who might then get sold on. If he was 33 I’d get the concern. But this is a someone who knows the manager, trained with James and is eager to come, I’d be happy. I mean, it’s not my dream scenario but it’s a good compromise depending where else we invest. 

No guarantee he'd even be useful when coming to a new country and league. So you could be looking at needing to replace him by the time he was used to things anyway. Obviously you wouldn't have a guarantee with a younger player either but you're investing in that time with them.

It's not like it's a case of "oh, we could maybe do with a right-back this summer". No, this is one of the most important positions we should be looking at this summer and I'd be annoyed if we go for a stop gap like this.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No guarantee he'd even be useful when coming to a new country and league. So you could be looking at needing to replace him by the time he was used to things anyway. Obviously you wouldn't have a guarantee with a younger player either but you're investing in that time with them.

It's not like it's a case of "oh, we could maybe do with a right-back this summer". No, this is one of the most important positions we should be looking at this summer and I'd be annoyed if we go for a stop gap like this.

I can’t really argue with that because it’s how I feel too :lol: when I make the kinda posts I made it’s more me talking it through out loud than expressing my preference. In this case, I completely get the logic even if it’s not what I want. 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can’t really argue with that because it’s how I feel too :lol: when I make the kinda posts I made it’s more me talking it through out loud than expressing my preference. In this case, I completely get the logic even if it’s not what I want. 

You big advocator of devils you!

I think he is mainly a winger - who knows how to defend, so would be a very handy addition to our right hand side of the pitch. If he is regularly on the  Real Madrid team sheet - he is going to be be no mug!!!! 

Get him signed.

I am fairly confident we will be looking for a couple of players for our right hand side of the pitch.