IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not excited about the season in the slightest, the Euro’s have been a welcome distraction, and I think I’ll be experiencing zero excitement for the first time walking to Goodison for the first game of the season. 

Do you think your negativity towards the manager is going to outweigh wanting to cheer the team towards a win? 

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

54 years through thick and thin, good times and bad, I can completely understand what you and Mark are saying, I’ve said it a thousand times, but I’m still here supporting the team I love, and hope you guys will be next season and every season after. 

Of course! Once Everton has chose you...

There's no getting away now. 

Absent a big FU to premier league financing rules, we aren't going to be doing any business until either: a) we sell a big name; or b) late in the window via loans and cheap pick ups. 

Since we have some pretty extraordinarily obvious holes in our squad right now I don't see how b) is an option.  We need to get Moise (or someone) out the door and we need it to be for a healthy chunk of change up front.

42 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Absent a big FU to premier league financing rules, we aren't going to be doing any business until either: a) we sell a big name; or b) late in the window via loans and cheap pick ups. 

Since we have some pretty extraordinarily obvious holes in our squad right now I don't see how b) is an option.  We need to get Moise (or someone) out the door and we need it to be for a healthy chunk of change up front.

You don't think Usimonovs nephew being announced is proof that FFP is not the issue some are making it out to be?

I think the owner is allowed to put more money into the club to reduce the net losses - I know there is a cap and it is proportional, but they are allowed to do that I believe. I also think you are allow to improve the income side of the equation with advertising...so maybe the new stadium gets a shiny new Russian name a lot sooner than we expect. He has first rights on it I think.

It's so Everton that we've spent years chucking money around to back the manager and now we have a manager that a lot of fans dislike we can't back him in a meaningful way just when he needs it :lol:.

The temptation to sell Richarlison must be huge right now for the club. I wouldn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on that if decent money was put on the table for him.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's so Everton that we've spent years chucking money around to back the manager and now we have a manager that a lot of fans dislike we can't back him in a meaningful way just when he needs it :lol:.

The temptation to sell Richarlison must be huge right now for the club. I wouldn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on that if decent money was put on the table for him.

It seems we need to sell Kean and think this will happen when Icardi leaves PSG - supposedly there’s a clause which is stopping Italian clubs from signing him which expires in the next few days. From what I’ve read it seems Mina may be another one - I don’t necessarily agree but with 2 years left on a £120k a week contract it makes sense to sell at this point. Bernard should get sorted but can see us having to compromise there as no other club is paying his wages - surely?!?! After those 3, there’s the really obvious ones who have been stealing a living for too long!

I don’t think Richarlison ‘needs’ to leave just yet from his point of view but I think this will be very similar to the Lukaku situation where he’ll do well for us but always be looking elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It seems we need to sell Kean and think this will happen when Icardi leaves PSG - supposedly there’s a clause which is stopping Italian clubs from signing him which expires in the next few days. From what I’ve read it seems Mina may be another one - I don’t necessarily agree but with 2 years left on a £120k a week contract it makes sense to sell at this point. Bernard should get sorted but can see us having to compromise there as no other club is paying his wages - surely?!?! After those 3, there’s the really obvious ones who have been stealing a living for too long!

I don’t think Richarlison ‘needs’ to leave just yet from his point of view but I think this will be very similar to the Lukaku situation where he’ll do well for us but always be looking elsewhere.

We're just in such a shit situation due to past mistakes, it's horrible and I hope we've learnt our lesson.

Another problem is that whoever leaves to bring in funds/free up the wage bill will also need to be replaced as well as us filling the positions that already needed filling. Brands is going to have to get creative with the way we pay for players this summer, and do his best to get players at a reasonable fee and at the right end of the age spectrum.

Lots of work to do for the club and not much time left to do it.

This summer is going to be harder than ever to shift unwanted players. Especially if they are on good wages. Pretty much every team is going to be doing the same - just look at the likes of Real, Barca and what sounds like most of the Italian clubs - they want to shift high earner, and have no money to spend. They are having to dump players. If anybody things there will be big bids for any of our players its fantasy. Who is going to pay Delph or any of the other players names anywhere neat the wages they are getting with us.  Who's going to sign these players!!! but also who is going to part with big money we will want for the like of Richarlison - not Real or Barca thats for sure.

Most players on the move this year are going to have to be thing about taking serious pay cuts!!

Messi, arguably the best player in the world, out of contact and apparently taking a 50% pay cut to stay at Barca!!. 

I can see this being a very slow transfer market to get going. who is going to sign players on big contracts in the next few weeks - when it could be sale of the century come the end of August!!!