IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I’d take the Aaron’s rumour with a pinch of salt, I think we have an excellent relationship with Norwich from the Godfrey sale.

Maybe we’ve just identified a ‘better’ right back. I’m sure we’ll have many on the radar; I remember Gabriel was the ‘done deal’ last Feb/March - when that fell through we ended up with Godfrey - I’ve every confidence that recruitment will be spot on this summer.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

Maybe we’ve just identified a ‘better’ right back. I’m sure we’ll have many on the radar; I remember Gabriel was the ‘done deal’ last Feb/March - when that fell through we ended up with Godfrey - I’ve every confidence that recruitment will be spot on this summer.

Indeed. In retrospect, that has worked out perfectly for us. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

gabriel doesn't even start for arsenal, so his refusing us worked out better for us in the end!

He started early in the season and since being suspended/injured he has been rotated along with most of the Arsenal squad.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

And when he has he’s been poor, we have dodged a bullet I reckon.

I think he has played well enough when I have seen him play. He is very composed on the ball and is a good passer.

The way the two sides play is chalk and cheese so it is very hard to compare the two. I still think he looks a talented lad, as does Godfrey. Shame we don't have them both!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Aidan said:

Continho, Aarons and Zaha would be a good window for me 😁

I Hoole we don’t get drawn in to the Zaha stuff again, I’d much rather go for some younger players, I really like the look of Jack Harrison at Leeds, fast, direct and good skills. Our record of bringing in older players recently  is poor, James, Siggy Ashley Williams, none have delivered what we expected.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

I Hoole we don’t get drawn in to the Zaha stuff again, I’d much rather go for some younger players, I really like the look of Jack Harrison at Leeds, fast, direct and good skills. Our record of bringing in older players recently  is poor, James, Siggy Ashley Williams, none have delivered what we expected.

He's still Man City's but will probably sign for Leeds permanently this summer.

I like Pereira from West Brom - I watch the Baggies game last night, and he was excellent yet again. Very good, and just as important he is consistent, delivery of the ball from both set pieces and open play was both accurate and with decent pace.  He is everything Iwobi isn't!!. DCL and Richy heads would just would love his deliveries.

Can pay in the middle in place of James (when he is injured or tired) and on the right wing, not too shabby when he is the left either. Not shy in the tackle or tracking back and puts a proper shift in. Got both goals and assists in him a plenty (a fair few from outside the box), only just turned 25, probably not on the radar of the teams above us. Been up for the battle of the hard graft and less glamour in the Championship and done his time. A vast improvement on what we have at the moment and the type of player we are crying out for in the squad - To me he has the quality and the character of the type of players we need -  get the lad signed up as he goes straight in to out starting line up. 

image.thumb.png.5fd5f9189501d834ca4ba4d1cc58bc79.png

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I like Pereira from West Brom - I watch the Baggies game last night, and he was excellent yet again. Very good, and just as important he is consistent, delivery of the ball from both set pieces and open play was both accurate and with decent pace.  He is everything Iwobi isn't!!. DCL and Richy heads would just would love his deliveries.

Can pay in the middle in place of James (when he is injured or tired) and on the right wing, not too shabby when he is the left either. Not shy in the tackle or tracking back and puts a proper shift in. Got both goals and assists in him a plenty (a fair few from outside the box), only just turned 25, probably not on the radar of the teams above us. Been up for the battle of the hard graft and less glamour in the Championship and done his time. A vast improvement on what we have at the moment and the type of player we are crying out for in the squad - To me he has the quality and the character of the type of players we need -  get the lad signed up as he goes straight in to out starting line up. 

image.thumb.png.5fd5f9189501d834ca4ba4d1cc58bc79.png

I like Pereira too, but "player has no significant weaknesses"?? 😂 If that were the case he wouldn't be playing for West Brom

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I like Pereira too, but "player has no significant weaknesses"?? 😂 If that were the case he wouldn't be playing for West Brom

Don't think he will be playing for West Brom next year. I would rather him in our squad over the likes of Villa, Leeds or West Ham. I think above all managers what player who can be trusted to go out and give you a solid and consistent 7 out of 10 every single week, I see Pereira as player with quality who can do that. About the best of available from those being relegated and ticks a lot of the right boxes for me.  

I want (in this order) - please:

- Young pacy right-back who can be mentored by Seamus.

- Fast tricky left-footed right winger.

- Central midfield player in the Gueye mould but younger.

- Elite centre-back on the basis that Keane or Mina and Holgate go for good money.

- Decent goalkeeping competition for Pickford.

I would like another striker but that’s just being greedy!!!

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

- Elite centre-back on the basis that Keane or Mina and Holgate go for good money.

Bit early to be writing to Santa for me.

19 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Bang on mate although I would prioritise a CB over CM for me.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I would say that is paramount we have the worst scoring record of any team in the top 11. 

I’d put that more down to the chances we create for them rather than the strikers finishing them (bar the Palace game). Add some pace down the right flank and it’ll create space and chances that haven’t been there this season.

I agree @RuffRob about Periera, I mentioned him in one of the other threads a couple of weeks ago. I think he would start most games for us this season.

@Cisk makes a good call with JWP too. I think I remember @pete0 or someone mentioning him a couple of seasons ago and I didnt really see it but he has come on leaps and bounds under Hassenhutl. He has the piece quality and ball striking of Gylfi but he actually runs and tackles.