IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would say that is paramount we have the worst scoring record of any team in the top 11. 

If we get a proper right winger who contributes 15 goals and assists over a season and Richarlison does what we all know he can do I think we are ok. I still want a striker but who ever we get in is going to be behind Dom IMO. If that makes sense?

Edit - also a proper right back probably adds 5 assists. It’s moneyball talk but that’s about 20/25 extra goals to the team

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree @RuffRob about Periera, I mentioned him in one of the other threads a couple of weeks ago. I think he would start most games for us this season.

@Cisk makes a good call with JWP too. I think I remember @pete0 or someone mentioning him a couple of seasons ago and I didnt really see it but he has come on leaps and bounds under Hassenhutl. He has the piece quality and ball striking of Gylfi but he actually runs and tackles. 

Can't take credit for that one. Think I said he was the best of the England midfield (although Mount has put in a good case for himself this season).

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree @RuffRob about Periera, I mentioned him in one of the other threads a couple of weeks ago. I think he would start most games for us this season.

@Cisk makes a good call with JWP too. I think I remember @pete0 or someone mentioning him a couple of seasons ago and I didnt really see it but he has come on leaps and bounds under Hassenhutl. He has the piece quality and ball striking of Gylfi but he actually runs and tackles. 

Agree on JWP 2/3 seasons ago I couldn’t stand him - probably because he scored against so much. Become a real quality player though. Definite upgrade on Gomes/Gylfi

Neither Kane nor Salah had particularly good seasons; however, they both have the ability to score out of nothing. Their sense of the goal is amazing, and we lack that incisiveness. I agree very much that we need another attacking option: a young player with that killer instinct in front of goal. Can Kean become that? If not, sell him and bring in someone who can.

Allan and Doucoure have been great additions, but we desperately need to replace Sigurdsson and Gomes. Both are talented, but they slow things down to a crawl. I'm a big believer in energy, and they are anathema in that regard. James' passing is sublime, but he's becoming a bit-part player. Iwobi and Delph add precisely nothing to the team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see two or three new midfield faces during the summer window. Davies should continue to improve, and Gbamin will be like a new player.

Holgate is our weak link in defense. Usually I'm all for bringing in more youth, but defense is a little different. An experienced central defender and an equivalent to Nkounkou on the right would suffice. Keane, Godfrey, and Mina are a strong team. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not convinced by Digne, but everyone else seems to love him: so be it. On the right, though, Seamus is past his sell-by date.

I'm still of the opinion that we should cash in on Pickford if the right money is offered. He has improved a lot since returning from injury, but there are capable younger goalies right now. It's such a shame we never made a play for Henderson last year. Both Ramsdale and Johnstone, albeit on relegated teams, would be worth a shot. Move out Olsen.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Neither Kane nor Salah had particularly good seasons; however, they both have the ability to score out of nothing. Their sense of the goal is amazing, and we lack that incisiveness. I agree very much that we need another attacking option: a young player with that killer instinct in front of goal. Can Kean become that? If not, sell him and bring in someone who can.

Allan and Doucoure have been great additions, but we desperately need to replace Sigurdsson and Gomes. Both are talented, but they slow things down to a crawl. I'm a big believer in energy, and they are anathema in that regard. James' passing is sublime, but he's becoming a bit-part player. Iwobi and Delph add precisely nothing to the team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see two or three new midfield faces during the summer window. Davies should continue to improve, and Gbamin will be like a new player.

Holgate is our weak link in defense. Usually I'm all for bringing in more youth, but defense is a little different. An experienced central defender and an equivalent to Nkounkou on the right would suffice. Keane, Godfrey, and Mina are a strong team. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not convinced by Digne, but everyone else seems to love him: so be it. On the right, though, Seamus is past his sell-by date.

I'm still of the opinion that we should cash in on Pickford if the right money is offered. He has improved a lot since returning from injury, but there are capable younger goalies right now. It's such a shame we never made a play for Henderson last year. Both Ramsdale and Johnstone, albeit on relegated teams, would be worth a shot. Move out Olsen.

Some good points here but 

Kean - his heart isn’t here and as Carlo said if someone doesn’t want to be here we don’t them. Fee is rumoured around £40 million - take that and run. What ever player he may become is irrelevant because he won’t become that player here if he doesn’t want to be here.

We need a proper first team RB. Coleman as back up - we can sign the equivalent of Niels after next season if need be - Godfrey can cover as 3rd (even 2nd) RB if required. 

Pickford - has earned his place, sends a bad message to the squad that if you improve we will sell anyway. If Olsen is £5 mill I would take him and spend the 10/15 million else where we would be spending on those names mentioned. 

Theres only two players I'd really want from the relegated clubs, one being Pereira, who someone mentioned before and the other would be Mitrovic. I know he hasn’t had the best of seasons but IMO would be a great squad player for us. It is unlikely unless Fulham want to get rid as he still has a few years left on his deal and they would likely want to recoup close to what they paid for him.

As for those players towards the bottom of the table Bissoma is a nice little player and Maupay would also be a good bench player for us. 

Saint-maximin would be a high profile one and cost a fortune but what a player he is. JWP also would improve our squad but again, at a high cost. However, surly the money from Moise Kean when he eventually leaves would help towards a high profile signing. Think I saw were looking to sell him for close to £40m.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Theres only two players I'd really want from the relegated clubs, one being Pereira, who someone mentioned before and the other would be Mitrovic. I know he hasn’t had the best of seasons but IMO would be a great squad player for us. It is unlikely unless Fulham want to get rid as he still has a few years left on his deal and they would likely want to recoup close to what they paid for him.

As for those players towards the bottom of the table Bissoma is a nice little player and Maupay would also be a good bench player for us. 

Saint-maximin would be a high profile one and cost a fortune but what a player he is. JWP also would improve our squad but again, at a high cost. However, surly the money from Moise Kean when he eventually leaves would help towards a high profile signing. Think I saw were looking to sell him for close to £40m.

I like Perreira, and I like Bissouma. 
Never really thought much of Maupay. 
Love watching Saint Maximin, but I think he would frustrate the life out of me if he actually played for us. 
Always been a fan of Ward Prowse, but I’m not sure he does enough of the dirty stuff for what we need. That said I’d be happy if we got him. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Love watching Saint Maximin, but I think he would frustrate the life out of me if he actually played for us. 
Always been a fan of Ward Prowse, but I’m not sure he does enough of the dirty stuff for what we need. That said I’d be happy if we got him. 

I think Ward-Prowse gets through plenty of the graft. He has made himself into a proper all-round midfielder. He was 15th in the league for fouls and the same for midfielders tackles which is at the very least suggestive of that. Whenever I see him he is very sharp to the close down, albeit he is a bit on the slight side. A midfield of him, Allan and Davies would be a problem if Doucoure was injured!

Looking at the other relegated sides, there isn't a lot of players you would fancy.

Sheffield Utd are terrible. Ramsdale could maybe play the understudy role on the very cheap but I don't think that much of him and he won't be cheap.

Aside from Pereira, Yukuslu has looked a premier league player but not at the level we need.

Fulham are the interesting ones. Areola has been very good, Anderson will have a future in the league and Lookman could be an option for some sides but again not for us. I also like a few of their midfielders being Anguissa, Lemina and Reed. They are all players who we could get on the cheap that would add more depth that we have now on the basis that they add more steel and mobility than Davies, Gomes and Siggy.

Of all the ones mentioned though, Areola and Pereira are the only two who you could see playing regularly if they came here and even that would probably depend on injuries to get their foot in the side.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I like both Perreira and Bissouma, would be happy to see both here, I’ll pass on Maupay also. ASM I’d be worried about his injury record, we have enough as it is. 
Ward Prowse has improved a lot over the last two season, he does a fair bit of dirty stuff and is quite sneaky in the way he does it, we need a bit of a narky git in the squad, I hate him when he’s playing against us, and would again be happy with him here. Put him head to head with Siggy and JWP comes out head and shoulders above, maybe try a cash plus Siggy deal?

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

If you've got the cash fair play, what would you do with him once you owned him? Personal question so feel free not to answer, won't judge you.

Probably put him in with horses to be honest. $$$

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why? He’s just a sprinter and absolutely nothing more. Now that’s fine if we’re an athletics club but we’re not, we’re a football club and he’s a poor footballer. 

He is so much more than that. This season he hasn’t produced a great return but he can make things happen. No Jiminez hasn’t help him or wolves for that matter.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

He is so much more than that. This season he hasn’t produced a great return but he can make things happen. No Jiminez hasn’t help him or wolves for that matter.

He's really not. He hits the ball and he runs after it faster than most players. He's had one purple patch in his entire career and it has massively inflated his reputation. He's a headless chicken with very little end product.

I don't fancy watching ANOTHER player hit crosses into the stands instead of into the box and pay handsomely for it as well. We see it enough with Iwobi without adding to it.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's really not. He hits the ball and he runs after it faster than most players. He's had one purple patch in his entire career and it has massively inflated his reputation. He's a headless chicken with very little end product.

I don't fancy watching ANOTHER player hit crosses into the stands instead of into the box and pay handsomely for it as well. We see it enough with Iwobi without adding to it.

Respect your opinion completely mate but I think he could offer something.

Agree on Iwobi though!

I've mentioned Maupay a couple of times on here and I understand why people dont fancy him. 

The reason I wouldn't mind him is we need a striker who is comfortable knowing he isnt good enough as the starting number 9 but who will fight to get there. He's not a particularly nice striker for defenders to play against and offers a lot of energy. If a more experienced striker was avaliable over him in the mould of Giroud or Llorente I would be happy to also have that sort of player. 

On 20/05/2021 at 22:48, Bailey said:

Totally disagree with your first point , I really can’t see him starting  for us against City tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♂️

Defo a RB.

And defo 2 attacking players, be it wide men or whatever. With bloody pace who can actually take men on. Let DCL and Richarlison battle for the top spot or whatever.

I don't think we need loads to push for Top 7 next season (realistically all we can hope for). Just a few useful additions will make a massive difference for us.

30 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Sell:

Holgate

Keane

Iwobi

Davies

Gomes

Sigurdsson

all must go!

Buy:

Players better than the above 

Or be brave and use academy players. I guess they might have more desire than has been shown by mercenaries this season.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Let Moshiri and Usmanov throw a few hundred million in each and buy Leicester City it would work out a lot cheaper in the long run.  

Actually I found Leicester’s collapse today funnier than ours, but yeah they have some very good players who I’d love here

My squad for next season would look a little like this.

GK: Pickford / Virgina?

LB: Digne / back up (Niels?)

RB: Starter / Coleman

CB: Mina / Keane

CB: Godfrey / back up

DM: Allan / back up

BTB: Doucoure / back up

C/AM: Starter / Gomes

LW: Richarlison / back up

ST: James / Dom

RW: Starter / Iwobi

We need genuine starters and back ups at left and right back. None of this Godfrey or Holgate rubbish. 

Holgate should be sold and I would accept a decent offer for either Keane or Mina. I like Mina, but he can't stay fit. Godfrey needs a consistent and aggressive partner to show him the ropes. Keane isnt that man.

The midfield is still a problem. Allan has a question mark over him but he should only be the holding man in a three man midfield rather than part of a two man midfield. I would keep Gomes as an option whilst the rest are moved out of the squad. More pace, more energy and good technique are required. We don't need superstars, we just need well rounded footballers, not these current crop who have a hole in their ability.

James is a headache, there is no other way to look at it. He is a brilliant footballer but he doesnt fit in a system. Its either a false 9 type role or not at all. If we are ever going to get anything out of Iwobi, it is from the left and Richarlison still has unfinished business at Everton and he is usually a decent enough finisher off both feet. Dom will still get plenty of game time with James. We just desperately need to find a way of getting the best out of him (James) and if we can get on the ball more, start dominating possession, James could thrive in that role. 

Those not mentioned can be moved on whether that is sold, loaned or just making up the numbers in training.

For  me James is more of a 10, needs to be on the ball and involved, able to get into the box but getting plenty of action around the middle of the park so that he can pick out passes.

I think Niels needs either a loan move to get more match time and chance to progress or get put on the bench on a weekly basis, if the latter we can avoid having to get another left back.

Right back is top priority.

Centre backs wouldn't be a priority for me as while there have been errors amongst them and injury problems they are plenty capable and if we can't find the perfect replacement I'd stick with the 4 that we have.

At least 1 winger with pace and ability.  don't know how Gordon did on loan though a quick  look would suggest he wasn't taking the league by storm.

We need a creative central player that will cover James' regular injuries.  Not a half arsed backup or someone moving position but a quality player that would compete with him if they were both fit.

Another striker would be useful as well.

Budget wise I'd prioritise: Right back, Winger, attacking centre mid, striker, centre back in that order