IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another problem is that whoever leaves to bring in funds/free up the wage bill will also need to be replaced as well as us filling the positions that already needed filling. Brands is going to have to get creative with the way we pay for players this summer, and do his best to get players at a reasonable fee and at the right end of the age spectrum.

I don’t think it will be hard to replace outgoings, it’ll be the getting rid of them that will be the tricky part!!!

We’ve struggled to sell players for years. The ones in their final year of contract might be a bit easier, more likely to take a pay cut and we can afford to take no transfer fee. But anyone with a few years left on their contract is very unlikely unless a bigger club is coming in for them. Don’t see big money being thrown our way for anyone. The Kean situation speaks volumes for the finances in football right now, when even PSG are watching their spending. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Most players on the move this year are going to have to be thing about taking serious pay cuts!!

Poor loves, it’s going to be tough to get by on only £50k per week.

Maybe it’s the time that the wages come back to being just plain fucking ridiculous, rather than absolutely fucking ridiculous.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

We’ve struggled to sell players for years. The ones in their final year of contract might be a bit easier, more likely to take a pay cut and we can afford to take no transfer fee. But anyone with a few years left on their contract is very unlikely unless a bigger club is coming in for them. Don’t see big money being thrown our way for anyone. The Kean situation speaks volumes for the finances in football right now, when even PSG are watching their spending. 

That’s because the last 6 years we have bought below average players and stuck them on super star wages. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I actually prefer the thought of us having to be a bit more controlled over who we sign. 

I have never liked the idea of just throwing money around on transfer fees and wages. When it is more important to get it right you take more care. 

So you don’t think I would be a good signing then? That’s what your saying isn’t it!

It appears to me that about only clubs that are not in a money crunch from the start are EPL squads. That limits where we might be able to sell players, as well as who we would WANT to sell players to. I mean would we be will to sell a Richy or even a Moise to a rival we have to face and battle for table position?

4 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

It appears to me that about only clubs that are not in a money crunch from the start are EPL squads. That limits where we might be able to sell players, as well as who we would WANT to sell players to. I mean would we be will to sell a Richy or even a Moise to a rival we have to face and battle for table position?

Nobody in this league is coming in for either of them.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nobody in this league is coming in for either of them.

I agree, but I mainly just meant in general, especially as it relates to the deadwood. Almost nobody outside of England has the money to take the wages let alone for a decent transfer fee.

14 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

I agree, but I mainly just meant in general, especially as it relates to the deadwood. Almost nobody outside of England has the money to take the wages let alone for a decent transfer fee.

Easy to get rid of deadwood. Make all contracts performance-based: Allow fans to rate the performance of each player after games and ensure player compensation depends on the result.

14 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

In your post you were talking about Richarlison and Kean, so that's who I was referring to.

No one would have our deadwood. It's terrible.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

In your post you were talking about Richarlison and Kean, so that's who I was referring to.

No one would have our deadwood. It's terrible.

No you're right, post was a little convoluted. Gonna be tough to raise money from players we would sell, as well as save money by cutting deadwood.

Just now, Ghoat said:

No you're right, post was a little convoluted. Gonna be tough to raise money from players we would sell, as well as save money by cutting deadwood.

The position we've put ourselves in is horrendous, and is why I was flabbergasted at some of our fans being happy if Gylfi got another contract.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

looking at who is out of contract next summer, and it seems we are being skint this summer to go big next.  look at this list of people who will leave summer 2022

James (have club option to extend by 1 year)

Gylfi

Bernard

Kenny

Tosun

Coleman

Delph

Branthwaite

Beni

I am sure there were a lof of people saying we would go big this summer with the players that have gone (Bolasie, Walcott, Besic etc).

Kenny, Beni and Branthwaite will be on peanuts but I suspect at least 2 of the others will be given an extension and it won't be on significantly worse terms.

looking at who is out of contract next summer, and it seems we are being skint this summer to go big next.  look at this list of people who will leave summer 2022

Gylfi

Bernard

Kenny

Tosun

Coleman

Delph

Branthwaite

Beni

Wouldn't be surprised if they were all gone bar maybe Coleman come January.

Gylfi

Bernard

Kenny

Tosun

Coleman

Delph

Branthwaite

Beni

I wouldn’t be falling over myself to extend contracts for any except James if he delivers this year, Branthwaite as we don’t know know enough about him yet and coleman if he’s going to move onto a back room role. The rest I’ll be delighted to see the back of.

30 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I wouldn’t be falling over myself to extend contracts for any except James if he delivers this year, Branthwaite as we don’t know know enough about him yet and coleman if he’s going to move onto a back room role. The rest I’ll be delighted to see the back of.

This for me too. Keep James (if he can’t do the business), Branthwaite and Coleman. Everyone else can leave. 

37 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is Rafa's bargain bin a glimpse into Everton's frugal future? More than £500m of mindless spending has left Benitez rebuilding on the cheap, with Andros Townsend, Demarai Gray and Asmir Begovic arriving for just £1.7m

Reading the 500M made my knees buckle.