IGNORED

West Brom (Away) Thursday 4th March

MikeO

Allardyce saying in his post match interview today on this game, "Everton have a massive distinct advantage over us because they don't play that week." Says they wanted it moved to Wednesday. Your mob have two days extra rest pie-man so where's our advantage? Check the fixture list you dick.

• MikeO changed the title to West Brom (Away) Thursday 4th March
On 27/02/2021 at 20:23, MikeO said:

Allardyce saying in his post match interview today on this game, "Everton have a massive distinct advantage over us because they don't play that week." Says they wanted it moved to Wednesday. Your mob have two days extra rest pie-man so where's our advantage? Check the fixture list you dick.

Nice to see big Sams attentiveness and attention to detail is as it was when he managed us. 🙄

We've got momentum, they really dont look to offer much going forward. Maybe a slight tactical switch from Carlo to allow us to be more attacking whilst keeping ourselves solid defensively on corners ect. 3-5-2 with-

Pickford

Holgate           Keane         Godfrey

Iwobi            Doucoure                Allan               Digne

James
                    DCL                            Richarlison

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfery  Digne

Doucoure        Davies

Iwobi        James.       Richarlison

DCL

We miss Coleman going forward in my opinion. Last night I think he would just make that difference in the final 1/3 over Holgate. 

Iwobi looked bright last night, and I think he works well with James. rest Allan, Gylfi and Gomes. 

Hopefully, a couple of goals up before the hour, so shut the game out and give DCL and Richy a rest as well. 

Sam is going to rest players and sit deep and look to hit us on the break. 

Pickford

Coleman  Kean  Godfrey    Dinge

Davies    Gomes Doucoure

James             DCL          Richarlison

Although I would like to see:

Pickford

Coleman  Kean  Godfrey    Dinge

Davies    Gomes 

James     

Iwobi     DCL          Richarlison

On 01/03/2021 at 22:56, Btay said:

We've got momentum, they really dont look to offer much going forward. Maybe a slight tactical switch from Carlo to allow us to be more attacking whilst keeping ourselves solid defensively on corners ect. 3-5-2 with-

Pickford

Holgate           Keane         Godfrey

Iwobi            Doucoure                Allan               Digne

James
                    DCL                            Richarlison

This exactly what I had in my head except for I'd rest Allan for Davies.  Think he might if Davies is fit just not to over do it with Allan straight away.

This side gives us plenty of attack with wingers plus James having that freedom to make something happen from the middle.

on the Royal Blue podcst they were suggesting maybe it would be a good time to give King his first start I wouldn't mind this but as I have DCL triple captained in FPL I'd rather he wasn't rested!  Richarlison being rested from getting kicked by West Brom might not be the worst though, Kings a strong powerful player that could deal with Sam's setup.

1 minute ago, FairWooney said:

This exactly what I had in my head except for I'd rest Allan for Davies.  Think he might if Davies is fit just not to over do it with Allan straight away.

This side gives us plenty of attack with wingers plus James having that freedom to make something happen from the middle.

on the Royal Blue podcst they were suggesting maybe it would be a good time to give King his first start I wouldn't mind this but as I have DCL triple captained in FPL I'd rather he wasn't rested!  Richarlison being rested from getting kicked by West Brom might not be the worst though, Kings a strong powerful player that could deal with Sam's setup.

I’d agree as well, to be honest I didn’t realise it was such a short turn around so Davies for Allan doesn’t concern me at all. 

Id keep DCL though, I’m not sure if King is anywhere near the standard we need and was in massive drought at Bournemouth- decent cover but not sure as a starter 

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Godrey Digne

Iwobi Allan Davies Bernard

James

King

Assuming we'll be playing a high line and have most of the ball (wba average about 30% possession). With WBA compact we need the midfield to be on point with their passing, playing the ball fast and direct. Nice slip through like the last 2 games would be ideal but it's rare for strikers to get the first goal against wba. Hopefully James can get one from outside early and prevent a frustrating game trying to break them down. If it does become a frustrating night bring on the cavalry and go long 442.

Two goalkeepers on the bench again 🤣hoping that it's some sort of a good omen, we really should be winning this game (and I think we will) but scoring early is the key. West Brom are going to park the bus all day long so we just need to break the lines and get ahead. 

Hope Doucoure has his head screwed on tonight as he doesn't have Allan to help him.

Surprise to Bernard starting ahead of Gylfi, but other than that team pretty much picked itself given injuries - Think its right to start Allan on the bench after only playing a few days ago and being out so long.  

Iwobi and Bernard are coming in to a confident team, so should be chomping at the bit to take their chances - so shouldn't be a problem. It will be interested in seeing how Bernard does with a start in the middle of the pitch, Gyfi is always available on the bench. 

It would be nice to be in a position with 30min left where we can give some others a run out, not really had a chance to see king yet - Difficult to take anything much from the few minutes we have seem of him thus far in a blue shirt. 

COYB -