IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Monday 8 March

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

They have only had a couple of chances. Pickfords save wass good as a goal, so we are still in this game at 1-0, so plenty to play for.

They break well, so keep it tight for next 20mins and push in the last quater.

Points where never going to be easy in this game, but we are still in it. 

Agreed but you wouldn’t think it. 

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

How is that what you take from that statement?

Rating a player has nothing to do with questioning his desire, mentorship or not. You can’t force a player to care.

You down voted the post that Rio rated him and mentors him. The only conclusion I can draw is you don't rate Rio Ferdinad. 🤔😂

Anyway I'll leave it there, as this is the match thread.

1 minute ago, milesey05 said:

Goal was more Iwobi than Holgate now I’ve seen it over. 

I don’t think Holgate is playing that well, but he’s got Iwobi in front doing a fine impression of running sideways with the ball, or away from it then Chelsea attack ( bar one sliding clearance), put a decent player in front of Holgate and I’m sure he would look a lot better. It’s only 1-0 we’re still in this, but we need to be more decisive with the ball, also need to revert to where we’re strong, getting good crosses in to the box for DCL and Richy.

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You down voted the post that Rio rated him and mentors him. The only conclusion I can draw is you don't rate Rio Ferdinad. 🤔😂

Anyway I'll leave it there, as this is the match thread.

Your logical skills are failing you. I downvoted a post that said Rio Ferdinand rating him is good enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. Rating someone’s quality and mentality are two very different things. Someone’s mentality can change overnight.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

Not saying he's playing bad. I just can't remember last time I've seen him take a shoot in any game. I think he should try and get a shot off more ofter. 

Wolves season before last at Goodison? Agree he does need to shoot more, all our players do, of ya don’t shoot ya don’t score, Chelsea have and that’s what has given them the lead.

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Biggest concern I have for the second half is the benches. The quality that Chelsea can bring on absolutely trounces ours, so even if we do pull back an equalizer, their attacking options off the bench might make the difference

This game would look a lot different with Doucoure and Allan bossing midfield. Gomes and Siggy are too slow to play together. I think Davies is about the only player we could bring on to make a difference here.

18 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

They have only had a couple of chances. Pickfords save wass good as a goal, so we are still in this game at 1-0, so plenty to play for.

They break well, so keep it tight for next 20mins and push in the last quater.

Points where never going to be easy in this game, but we are still in it. 

I think that’s the problem, we have never been in it and Carlo needs to find a way to get us in it