IGNORED

Silas Wamangituka

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Was class before they signed him... starting to find his feet but he’s got a long way to go to justify what Arsenal paid.

I didn’t really care about the fee, I’ve seen Arsenal only a few times and when Pepe was playing he didn’t seem bothered. It’s that point my lazy post earlier was meant to imply. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I didn’t really care about the fee, I’ve seen Arsenal only a few times and when Pepe was playing he didn’t seem bothered. It’s that point my lazy post earlier was meant to imply. 

I’d guess they’re comparing his attacking prowess rather than effort. I do hope we sign an exciting winger this summer though - I’m so envious when I see players like Neto, Podence, Barnes, Raphina and even Trossard and St Maximin... all seem to have no fear and can do something all by themselves - I think Iwobi has the ability to do what they do but he doesn’t seem to do it as often - maybe it’s a discipline of the tactics - I don’t know. I don’t necessarily want us to sign any of the players above, as I feel they’ll all come at a premium price, but I’d love us to sign an equivalent player - maybe Silas Wagamama’s is our man.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’d guess they’re comparing his attacking prowess rather than effort. I do hope we sign an exciting winger this summer though - I’m so envious when I see players like Neto, Podence, Barnes, Raphina and even Trossard and St Maximin... all seem to have no fear and can do something all by themselves - I think Iwobi has the ability to do what they do but he doesn’t seem to do it as often - maybe it’s a discipline of the tactics - I don’t know. I don’t necessarily want us to sign any of the players above, as I feel they’ll all come at a premium price, but I’d love us to sign an equivalent player - maybe Silas Wagamama’s is our man.

A real winger would be absolutely brilliant. We don't have one in our squad at all - Iwobi is not a winger for me.

13 hours ago, c1982 said:

You’ve pretty much listed all the players on my winger wish list (I don’t really watch much football outside of the prem).

Iwobi hasn’t got anywhere near the pace and jinky-ness (?) of the others mentioned. Hence him usually having to bomb in early crosses when playing out wide, rather than taking on a full-back.

It’s the main reason we struggle to break down deep defences. No one in our team has that ideal combination of speed, agility and skill. I’d love to have Neto out on our right wing, being able to cut both ways and generally making defenders look like idiots.

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

Three good counter attacks in the first half just died as soon as he got the ball. 

Wingers want to take the piss when they have the ball. He is negative as soon as he gets the ball and stops, or turns backwards. He's not a winger in a million years and he's going to struggle to get in the side next season because a tricky winger should be a priority signing.

20 minutes ago, c1982 said:

My hopes/ blind optimism is fading. There’s been flashes where he looks great - first half Fulham away springs to mind but I’d struggle to list many occasions. We need natural wingers and I’d happily cash in.

I never wanted him here from the get go, but then he looked like he could offer something but now I'm back to just not seeing what he adds.

If we do cash in we're going to take a huge hit on him.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

In ever wanted him here from the get go, but then he looked like he could offer something but now I'm back to just not seeing what he adds.

If we do cash in we're going to take a huge hit on him.

I suppose he’s got age on his side. I actually think he could do well in Italy or Spain.

• 3 weeks later...