Crystal Palace (Home) Monday 5 April

We have a favorable next couple of matches with this and Brighton.  I hope we get James and Pickford or Olsen back from injury.

Pickford/Olsen

coleman keane godfrey digne

Allan

Gylfi      Gomes

james          DCL        Richarlison

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't it be lovely to wake up tomorrow morning, see us on 49 points, watch the highlights of a convincing 4-0 win, Richarlison and DCL grabbing a brace, and looking forward to the Brighton game? I

Ancelotti decided he was coming on, someone told him to get ready to come on, Ferguson held up the board to say he was coming on and then he ran on to the pitch with a big smile on his face.

We're really not. As opposed to some of our recent losses, where we've barely had a sniff on goal, we've created plenty of chances this game. I'll take that a million times over some of the dross we'v

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We have a favorable next couple of matches with this and Brighton.  I hope we get James and Pickford or Olsen back from injury.

Pickford/Olsen

coleman keane godfrey digne

Allan

Gylfi      Gomes

james          DCL        Richarlison

Virginia had a very good game yesterday, wouldn't worry me at all if he was still in.

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Virginia had a very good game yesterday, wouldn't worry me at all if he was still in.

I agree and was happy to see it. Issue there is we were expecting a loss, this will be a must win, if he bungles it I don’t want it to ruin the lad.  Olsen should be more confident as an older and more veteran player.

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm not sure why, but this international break has felt like 3 years. Chomping at the bit to see our boys back in action soon

I have actually enjoyed the break hugely and I’m looking forward to getting to next season where games aren’t coming quite as thick and fast. 

On 31/03/2021 at 00:05, Romey 1878 said:

I have actually enjoyed the break hugely and I’m looking forward to getting to next season where games aren’t coming quite as thick and fast. 

I thought you had, it’s allowed you to let us know how much you love BK and the work he’s put in on the development of the new stadium 😜

3 hours ago, Formby said:

Wouldn't it be lovely to wake up tomorrow morning, see us on 49 points, watch the highlights of a convincing 4-0 win, Richarlison and DCL grabbing a brace, and looking forward to the Brighton game? I mean, just for once, couldn't that please happen?

I think you have channelled the hopes and dreams of Evertonians everywhere in that post.

Thankyou, now lets hope the time off has allowed us to up our game and make that dream a reality.

COYB!!

4 hours ago, Formby said:

Wouldn't it be lovely to wake up tomorrow morning, see us on 49 points, watch the highlights of a convincing 4-0 win, Richarlison and DCL grabbing a brace, and looking forward to the Brighton game? I mean, just for once, couldn't that please happen?

i love the optimism.  i'm hoping for the same thing

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or three at the back. Neither makes me happy tbh.

Also, it would be really nice if Allan could stay fit for more than a game. 

Wondering if that's why Holgate is in there. Diamond midfield with him sitting where Allan usually is, James at the top

Holgate played in midfield a few times a season or so ago and was a far better mid than he was a defender, I remember posting then that we had found a better position for him and a good midfielder for us, so I have very little concerns I think he will surprise a few in a good way. 

Its quite an attacking line-up from Palace with Benteke, Ayew, Zaha and Eze all starting so they on paper look like they are coming to have a go at us. They are very weak in midfield as a result and with both our wing backs getting forward and James and Richarlison finding space between the lines we should be able to overload them time and time again. As long as we play with a bit of pace and urgency in our passing, we should be able to dominate the game and pick them off.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Its quite an attacking line-up from Palace with Benteke, Ayew, Zaha and Eze all starting so they on paper look like they are coming to have a go at us. They are very weak in midfield as a result and with both our wing backs getting forward and James and Richarlison finding space between the lines we should be able to overload them time and time again. As long as we play with a bit of pace and urgency in our passing, we should be able to dominate the game and pick them off.

Except, it’ll be 5 at the back for us and we won’t attack much and let Palace be the attacking force in the game, while we hope and pray not to concede and somehow drag ourselves up the pitch to give ourselves a chance to grab a goal before retreating again to hope and pray we don’t concede. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Except, it’ll be 5 at the back for us and we won’t attack much and let Palace be the attacking force in the game, while we hope and pray not to concede and somehow drag ourselves up the pitch to give ourselves a chance to grab a goal before retreating again to hope and pray we don’t concede. 

Im thinking positive ;)

Just now, milesey05 said:

I’m sure he will be. Hopefully today he’s the Holgate of old 

Last season we were all laughing when Man U were said to be interested, saying why would we sell out future first choice CB.

I hope he can return back to that form again.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Last season we were all laughing when Man U were said to be interested, saying why would we sell out future first choice CB.

I hope he can return back to that form again.

When Dunc was caretaker manager he stuck him in the midfield, and if you go to the Holgate thread page 9 it paid off most were very complimentary on how he played he got motm it was like he found his best position, like you I hope this will help him find form again.